Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by MarioRossi
will we receive Australian Express Immigration cards if in TG F?
Hi MarioRossi, ask the FSD, they should have some, otherwise keep your First Class Boarding pass on top of your passport and take the lanes for crew and express card holders.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 4:37 am

Programs: ROP-Gold
Tg 467

Hi ! I just got off the Sydney flight and must say FA's in business class are the best! Have made this Syd rtn on business many times before and never welcomed by FA with :Good Morning Mr.... .
Was impressed ! and more when Aigner toilet kit handed out.Last month was a unimpressive Rimowa kit,personally I like the Aigner better due to its finish and luxury look.
I'm at the lounge now and shall look out for a few ROP-Gold tags on hand luggage !
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:06 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
I recently departed BKK in C and used the spa for the 1/2 hour massage. Is there any suggested tip for the masseuse?
Old Jan 15, 2011, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
After my first (but certainly not last) flight in F with TG, I have a rather silly question....

What does everyone do with the fresh orchid that is presented to you at the end of the flight on international itins?

I don't think many countries allow you to get through immigration / customs and bring a fresh flower through. I didn't want to seem rude and leave it on the plane, so I ended up throwing it away in the airport.

Anyone else have a better suggestion?

Told you it was a silly question....
Old Jan 15, 2011, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Vulcan
I recently departed BKK in C and used the spa for the 1/2 hour massage. Is there any suggested tip for the masseuse?
Hi Vulcan.

I don't believe a tip for the spa staff is expected.

I am sure others will correct me if I am mistaken.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Vulcan
No need to tip unless you feel happy after the massage.
I've been there a few times and didn't tip.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
After my first (but certainly not last) flight in F with TG, I have a rather silly question....

What does everyone do with the fresh orchid that is presented to you at the end of the flight on international itins?

I don't think many countries allow you to get through immigration / customs and bring a fresh flower through. I didn't want to seem rude and leave it on the plane, so I ended up throwing it away in the airport.

I said thanks but no thanks on the plane.
No need to accept the flower if you don't need it.
But If you feel hesitant about it, it's ok to do what you did.
What they don't know won't hurt them.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 3:01 pm

For those who are experienced passing through the TG F lounge, what would be an adequate transit time to be able to get the 1 hr massage? I'm thinking that 2h15 min would not be enough (deplaning, getting to lounge, boarding...)
Old Jan 18, 2011, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by illico
For those who are experienced passing through the TG F lounge, what would be an adequate transit time to be able to get the 1 hr massage? I'm thinking that 2h15 min would not be enough (deplaning, getting to lounge, boarding...)
Since you'll be given transport from the plane to the lounge and back to the plane that should not take up much time. Immediately upon entrance to the lounge inquire about your massage and you should be fine.

I have had instances where the 30 min massage for C pax was shortened to 20 min because there wasn't sufficient time before boarding.... so you should be able to get something.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by goodeats21

If you look at my "return" trip report in my signature, you will see that the FA gave me a whole bag of flowers on the first leg of HKG-BKK-ZRH-JFK trek in F. Those flowers were still with me when I arrived in my home in Philadelphia. Not sure if I broke any rules though.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 5:07 am

Another BKK lounge access question!

First time posting on the TG board...flying TG on a BMI reward in a few weeks....MXP-BKK-CTU (C) and PVG-BKK-(stop)-MXP (F)! Looking forward to it...

My question,

Flying PVG-BKK in F, then have booked separate tickets to travel the same day to HKT in Y on TG.

What lounge access will I get, if any?

Thks in advance!
Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:36 am

Programs: No Longer Anything
Another transit question :o)

I am planning on flying on Bangkok Air from REP-BKK, getting into BKK late afternoon. Will be getting on a TG flight BKK-CDG around midnight. TG flight is in F so I will have plenty of time to enjoy the F lounge and spa.

The Bangkok Air flight is something I am booking separate of course. I'm assuming Bangkok Air in REP won't tag my luggage all the way to CDG ... IAD. So, my question is, or maybe my desire for confirmation is, that I will need to pick up luggage and do regular check-in with Thai when I arrive from my Bangkok Air flight. TG won't have any way of knowing that I am coming in from REP. If this is the case, how easy is the baggage claim and do I have to go through immigration again for a transit?

Hope I explained the situation okay? thanks,

ps. tommyleo, just read your photo trip report. It exudes your happiness in traveling F and I hope to be exactly the same! (LX F ZRH-BKK, TG F BKK-CDG)

Last edited by JenGal; Jan 21, 2011 at 6:38 am Reason: ps
Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JenGal
I am planning on flying on Bangkok Air from REP-BKK, getting into BKK late afternoon. Will be getting on a TG flight BKK-CDG around midnight. TG flight is in F so I will have plenty of time to enjoy the F lounge and spa.

The Bangkok Air flight is something I am booking separate of course. I'm assuming Bangkok Air in REP won't tag my luggage all the way to CDG ... IAD. So, my question is, or maybe my desire for confirmation is, that I will need to pick up luggage and do regular check-in with Thai when I arrive from my Bangkok Air flight. TG won't have any way of knowing that I am coming in from REP. If this is the case, how easy is the baggage claim and do I have to go through immigration again for a transit?

Hope I explained the situation okay? thanks,
TG and PG have an interline agreement, however the agents at REP aren't the swiftest. You can certainly try and check your bags through but if that doesn't work don't be too concerned. Without interlining your bags you will indeed need to go through immigration, collect your bags and head upstairs to the 4th level.

TG offers a special area for F check in at the furthest east area of the airport, Door 1, row A area. Don't worry about departure immigration as you'll go through an expedited process away from the masses. After taking the escalator down 1 floor you'll be buggied to the F lounge.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: No Longer Anything
Just what I was looking for, dsquared37. thanks much!
Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JenGal
Just what I was looking for, dsquared37. thanks much!
Two weeks ago when leaving REP the agent inquired if we were connecting to any flights in BKK. As it was a domestic connection, and one which didn't have customs, we were required to go through the process I described above and just told him 'no'.

It's definitely worth an attempt as interlining will save you 30-45 minutes which are much better spent drinking champagne. If it doesn't work you'll still be fine.

One other suggestion, don't get any mixed drinks in the F lounge, they tend to be 6 parts mix to 1 part alcohol.... in this regard the C lounges are much better: pour your own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.