Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Thanks again hgp ^
Old Mar 17, 2011, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by markdg
Thanks hgp ^

Sorry to be dosy, but I've never flown a flight before where I've had the option of either checking through or collecting. I presume you just tell them at your departure airport that you want to collect?

Re: 4 - Oh yes, I fully intend to
There should be no problem checking just to BKK. I flew from ICN to BKK last night with a connection today. The bags could have been tagged all the way, but they weren't. I've done this on many occasions from many different airports through BKK. Once I was asked in NRT (on a connection) if I wanted my bags in BKK or to be sent through. They had originally been tagged through, I was surprised they even asked the question.

Also, the departure tax is 700B, not 300B. I've been asked to pay on an overnight connection only sporadically. I'll see what happens today in a few hours.

Also, when needing to pay the fee at either the C or F checkin (for TG) someone will run the money for you and bring back a receipt. There is no need for you to do anything more than just pay.

Enjoy your trip.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 9:47 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Am I stingy...?

Just walked out of the Royal Orchid Spa 5 mins ago after a really very good neck and shoulder massage and wondered if its ok or appropriate to leave a tip. Never have in the past, just curious what others do..?

Also, should i pass it to the masseuse or just leave it on the footstall.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmdsea
Just walked out of the Royal Orchid Spa 5 mins ago after a really very good neck and shoulder massage and wondered if its ok or appropriate to leave a tip. Never have in the past, just curious what others do..?

i've had similar qualms, but have never given anything. If you do decide to give a tip I would not leave it on the footstall.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by cmdsea

I have heard that tipping in Thailand is not customary but it is acceptable to give tips. However, I have been told that it may be taken as an offence if one tips less than 10BHT.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 6:57 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
You are not stingy, you don't tip in Thailand and whilst in the kingdom, never give money to the beggars on the streets is another good rule to observe
Old Mar 29, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Tipping in Thailand is VERY MUCH appreciated when the average non-skilled workers are making USD10 or less per day, as you would expect. I tip small amounts regularly whilst in Thailand.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dazz81
Tipping in Thailand is VERY MUCH appreciated when the average non-skilled workers are making USD10 or less per day, as you would expect. I tip small amounts regularly whilst in Thailand.
I have begun to do this as well in the last few years, unless I'm at a small family resto or something of the like. I figure if it's family working then they're getting all the money anyway. Usually it's just the coins received as change.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:29 am

Guest access to F lounge at BKK

I'll be flying from BKK on TG (BKK-CDG) in F. My mother is also leaving BKK at the same time roughly, on TK in C (BKK-IST). Will I be able to guest her into the F lounge?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by markdg
Thanks again hgp ^

Markdg I see you will experiencing the leased Jet airways suites on the way out. I have experienced these with Turkish and they are amazing. As it is your honey moon book the middle seats as these can be converted into one huge bed(the centre partition comes down).

As for the lounge in Bangkok, you will love it. Try and get one of the private lounges on the left as you enter.The food at the lounge is lovely and the service superb.

The massage at the spa is great.

Enjoy!
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by fpc552
I'll be flying from BKK on TG (BKK-CDG) in F. My mother is also leaving BKK at the same time roughly, on TK in C (BKK-IST). Will I be able to guest her into the F lounge?
Yes.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fpc552
F pax are allowed 1 guest.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
I'm flying FRA-BKK-HKG and I read that there are no ptvs on the 747s in economy? Is that true...if it is ugh ugh ugh.

Also what kind of in flight beers do they serve on Thai air? Thanks!
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:35 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by canadianhockey91
I'm flying FRA-BKK-HKG and I read that there are no ptvs on the 747s in economy? Is that true...if it is ugh ugh ugh.

Also what kind of in flight beers do they serve on Thai air? Thanks!
Yes it is true.

The beers can vary depending on route but they will definitely have Singha amongst others.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 8:46 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
a few questions:

New to this forum. My wife and I are planning a "trip of a lifetime" to Thailand next winter. We already have our airline tickets. ORD-MUC (LH/F) then MUC-BKK (TG/F). We want to do 5 days at a resort in Phuket, for beach time, warm weather, and relaxation. After that, 5 days in Bangkok for tours & sightseeing.

a few questions:

1. any recommendations on "must see" activities in BKK? We like history, architecture, art, culture, and most of all, Thai cuisine

2. are the massages in the Thai First Lounge at BKK free?

3. I would not want to rent a car in BKK, but is it reasonably safe/easy to drive in Phuket? (I am a good driver, but do not want to drive in "big city" traffic where I am not familiar)

4. It appears I cannot select seats on the TG international segments on their website. Is this correct? Do I need to call Thai directly?

5. Anyone have a favorite website for tourist info for Thailand?

thank you all for your help!

Last edited by nachosdelux; Apr 9, 2011 at 8:47 am Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.