Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Clipper801
Thanks. I have given up and hope for the best at check-in.

I am surprised that TG is incapable for such simple request as advance seat selection (for someone travelling in business class)!
An Update:

I sent an e-mail to:

[email protected]

to request seat assignment. Received a reply a day later with the seat no. assigned. However, when I pull my booking at "Check Booking" at www.thaiairways.com, it showed a different seat no. and no green tick!

Sigh......
Old Jan 24, 2013, 3:22 am

"you must present the credit card used when checking in"

Not sure if anyone else has run into this (or even already posted on it here), but thought I would mention a hiccup we had recently on TG in case it might help someone else.

We had purchased some cheap web fare tickets and when I went to check-in online the system told me in-person check-in was required. That was fine, but it turned out what it meant was that to check us in and print boarding cards they needed the full credit card number used to purchase the ticket. The problem was that my credit card number had changed since I purchased the ticket (due to some fraud), so even though I was presenting a card for the same account used to purchase the ticket, they were unable to allow me to check in unless I could give them the account number that had been cancelled (which I did not have memorized).

TG's suggestion was to get a refund on this ticket and purchase a new one. It wasn't clear to me what the price difference on a new ticket would be so I ended up calling Chase at the check-in desk and they gave the number for the cancelled account to the TG check-in agent when I handed the phone to her (Chase said they could not tell me the canceled credit card number for my own account).
Old Jan 24, 2013, 3:52 am
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Originally Posted by Homer15
Not sure if anyone else has run into this (or even already posted on it here), but thought I would mention a hiccup we had recently on TG in case it might help someone else.

We had purchased some cheap web fare tickets and when I went to check-in online the system told me in-person check-in was required. That was fine, but it turned out what it meant was that to check us in and print boarding cards they needed the full credit card number used to purchase the ticket. The problem was that my credit card number had changed since I purchased the ticket (due to some fraud), so even though I was presenting a card for the same account used to purchase the ticket, they were unable to allow me to check in unless I could give them the account number that had been cancelled (which I did not have memorized).

TG's suggestion was to get a refund on this ticket and purchase a new one. It wasn't clear to me what the price difference on a new ticket would be so I ended up calling Chase at the check-in desk and they gave the number for the cancelled account to the TG check-in agent when I handed the phone to her (Chase said they could not tell me the canceled credit card number for my own account).
Thanks for posting, Homer15.

I've been in a similar situation - went to check-in at the airport and asked for my credit card which I did not happen to have (because this card was good for domestic use, but expensive to use overseas). However, I've got a thing for numbers and just told her what the number was ... all was well.

There is certainly a requirement (not universally applied, however) to show the credit card used to purchase the tickets and this is an anti-fraud measure. In fact, all you need are the last four digits of the card number.

Happy travels.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Homer15

I don't know if the discussion has come up in this forum much, but in the Other Asian Airlines thread it has in relation to PG. What you experienced is not uncommon and on the purchasing page online there is wording to the effect you might be asked to to show your card upon checkin. I usually am.

The way you handled it worked out well so kudos to you. My guess is the new purchase would not have been the previously paid fare.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:45 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
[QUOTE=hgp;20113255]
I've been in a similar situation - went to check-in at the airport and asked for my credit card which I did not happen to have QUOTE]

You are TG P ? So nothing should be asked anyway at check in. TG for some time already dropped that requirement for their golds.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 1:37 pm
hgp

Originally Posted by behuman
You are TG P ? So nothing should be asked anyway at check in. TG for some time already dropped that requirement for their golds.
Was asked once last year when checking in at MUC and once last year in MEL, TG*P notwithstanding. Far from consistent, but no big deal.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 9:01 am

Programs: TG Plat
[QUOTE

You are TG P ? So nothing should be asked anyway at check in. TG for some time already dropped that requirement for their golds.[/QUOTE]

I am TG gold and I still get asked every time.
I have also had my daughter refused check-in and boarding due to this pathetically inept attempt at fraud prevention. This occurred even though I spoke by phone to the check-in lady and quoted my ROP number and the last 4 digits of my card that I paid for the flight with. "Card must be present at check-in" was all I could get out of her. I am pretty sure my payment went through the verification process as well.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:44 am

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
THAI Inflight Duty Free

Hi there,

I will be flying THAI between BKK-Yangon(RGN)-BKK next month. Does THAI have duty free services on these sectors?

I actually plan to buy the inflight model (A380), not sure if anyone has bought it yet, but wondered if it includes the registration (HS-TUA)?

Thanks for any help
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:06 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by CX828
Hi there,

I will be flying THAI between BKK-Yangon(RGN)-BKK next month. Does THAI have duty free services on these sectors?

I actually plan to buy the inflight model (A380), not sure if anyone has bought it yet, but wondered if it includes the registration (HS-TUA)?

Thanks for any help
yes they do inflight duty free on that flight. dont know about the reggo
Old Jan 27, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Originally Posted by dazz81
yes they do inflight duty free on that flight. dont know about the reggo
Thanks for the help. Good to know there will be duty free on those flights.
Cheers
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:31 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Privlige club Silver
TG Lounge use on Layover

Hi i am thinking of using my miles on the following flight from SIN-HKG via BKK which gives me a chance in Business class on the 346 and 380, booking the itneary using UA miles that expire soon

Flights are TG 414 and TG 600

However the layover between flights is 14 hrs plus,

Will i be allowed to use any one of the TG lounges for the night halt ?

Most of the lounges are shut between 2-5 am , what if i am in one of the slumber rooms ,i am assuming i will be asked to leave, any suggestions on what to do

Would yoll advise against this routing and help me get the 346/380 combo on perhaps the return sector [HKG-BKK-SIN] or any other routing

Karan
Old Jan 28, 2013, 3:18 pm
hgp

Originally Posted by Karan
Hi i am thinking of using my miles on the following flight from SIN-HKG via BKK which gives me a chance in Business class on the 346 and 380, booking the itneary using UA miles that expire soon

Flights are TG 414 and TG 600

However the layover between flights is 14 hrs plus,

Will i be allowed to use any one of the TG lounges for the night halt ?

Most of the lounges are shut between 2-5 am , what if i am in one of the slumber rooms ,i am assuming i will be asked to leave, any suggestions on what to do

Would yoll advise against this routing and help me get the 346/380 combo on perhaps the return sector [HKG-BKK-SIN] or any other routing

Karan
Hi Karan

The lounges will close overnight, so for 3 to 4 hours you'll be left to your own devices. If you're in a slumber room, you will be asked to leave (although there are a few reports of F pax being allowed to overnight in the F lounge).

There are posts on overnighting at BKK. You could also spend the night an an airport hotel or a nice 5* hotel downtown (probably my preferred choice).

SIN/BKK/HKG with an overnight airport stop makes a long journey out of a short one... may not be worth your troubles.

Happy travels.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:59 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Privlige club Silver
Originally Posted by hgp
Hi Karan

The lounges will close overnight, so for 3 to 4 hours you'll be left to your own devices. If you're in a slumber room, you will be asked to leave (although there are a few reports of F pax being allowed to overnight in the F lounge).

There are posts on overnighting at BKK. You could also spend the night an an airport hotel or a nice 5* hotel downtown (probably my preferred choice).

SIN/BKK/HKG with an overnight airport stop makes a long journey out of a short one... may not be worth your troubles.

Happy travels.
Thanks hgp,

I am getting better connecting flights, but have always wanted to do the TG 346 and 380, and since i was getting it all at once i thought of giving it a go,

Have been to BKK several times, really enjoy the vibe from the Siam area ^

Karan
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: ROP *G
If I purchased a economy Y ticket and used a GUP would I still accumulate the Y milage (100%) or do I accumulate J milage (125%)?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 2:06 pm
hgp

Originally Posted by Mchamp
If I purchased a economy Y ticket and used a GUP would I still accumulate the Y milage (100%) or do I accumulate J milage (125%)?
You'll earn according to the purchased class - in your case, Y miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.