Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:28 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Interlining luggage from SQ to TG?

I am flying SQ from SIN-BKK, then TG BKK-SYD. Two different PNR's.

Will we be able to interline the luggage straight through, I assume as both are *A it should be OK but prefer not to have to go land side and check back in!
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:38 pm
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Originally Posted by antichef
I am flying SQ from SIN-BKK, then TG BKK-SYD. Two different PNR's.

Will we be able to interline the luggage straight through, I assume as both are *A it should be OK but prefer not to have to go land side and check back in!
Shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure to request this when checking in at SIN and carefully inspect your luggage tag to make sure the flights are correct.

If you're lucky, you'll also get your BKK/SYD boarding passes. More likely, you'll need to get these from the service desk when you arrive at BKK.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by hgp
Shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure to request this when checking in at SIN and carefully inspect your luggage tag to make sure the flights are correct.

If you're lucky, you'll also get your BKK/SYD boarding passes. More likely, you'll need to get these from the service desk when you arrive at BKK.
You'll probably have no problem interlining the bags, the BPs might be tricky.

Just remember that international transfer desks are now on floor 3. You'll need to head up the escalator to that floor, go through transfer security and then get your BP.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:46 pm
hgp

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Just remember that international transfer desks are now on floor 3. You'll need to head up the escalator to that floor, go through transfer security and then get your BP.
... and hopefully the "security staff" on the lower level will not hold you up too much as sometimes they want to see your onward BP.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by hgp
... and hopefully the "security staff" on the lower level will not hold you up too much as sometimes they want to see your onward BP.
Really? How ironic. I've never had an interaction with staff at the bottom of the escalator, just walked past them and went upstairs....

I do remember a post somewhere where the pax just took the elevator up because staff wouldn't let him onto the escalator. But if memory serves he had shown them a domestic BP to which they properly denied him access.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:23 pm
hgp

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Really? How ironic. I've never had an interaction with staff at the bottom of the escalator, just walked past them and went upstairs....
My strategy as well. A couple of times someone has asked to see my BP and then onward.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:23 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Thanks all for the swift and helpful advice.

Updated edit: The interlining worked a treat, so all was well.

The "security entry" chap wanted to see an onward boarding pass before letting me access the security scan and go upstairs to the transfer desk where I was going to get the boarding pass!! I opened my iphone and showed him the diary entry for the flight with the Amadeus code reference, and he then seemed happy to let us through.... ;-)

Last edited by antichef; Feb 7, 2011 at 11:18 pm Reason: updated information
Old Feb 7, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
BKK-PER - mixed use 330/333?

Hi, flying Bangkok to Perth next week on Thai, just wondering if they mix & match the A330s or mainly use one or the other? Fully aware subs happen, but given the length of the flight hoping to get lie-flat. Also, the flight leaves around midnight. What is the service like? Full meal service after takeoff or snacks only?

Hope somebody can help.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: Delta Airlines info
BKK - BNE Load

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone was able to check the general seat availability on TG 473 on the 25th Feb, BKK-BNE...I will be using a staff ticket and just trying to figure if that flight will be good or not...(Y class)
Thank you for any help anyone might be able to provide...
Old Feb 11, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: UA Kayaker and LVF, OZ Carbonesque
Another interlining question UA/TG

Hi all,

I will be flying on UA (actually, UX) into LAX, with an extended layover of about 6 hours. I will be arriving into LAX around 3:30 PM, then departing on TG795 around 9:30 PM. Would it be advisable to recheck my bag with TG, or should I try to interline? I will be flying out of SJC, if that helps. Thanks for your help!

BTW, in case anyone was wondering, I usually would fly out of SFO on UA or another carrier, but there were some scheduling issues.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

c class tray/cabin questions

Will be travelling on the late flight from lhr-bkk and then the afternoon flight to hnd a few days later.

Since I'll have a small child attached to me during these trips, I will be facing very similar challenges to those passengers who possess a very wide girth.

So, the tray question.
How adaptable are the trays in C?
Perhaps another way to phrase my question is; Is it possible for someone of average size or less to get out of their seat whilst the tray is folded out?

I saw the Thai airways images for the seats but the tray positions aren't shown.

Perhaps what I should be asking is; which are the least popular sections of these flights in C and hope that by sitting there I'll increase my chances of a spare seat next to me (privacy would be valued considering how I'll be feeding/pacifying my child, so far she's been a perfect travel companion. )

I wanted to post this as a new thread, however, I'm using the ft app on an iPod and I can't select this forum to post to
Old Feb 12, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Hi, once those trays are out, there is little room to move.
I do not believe there would not be enough space available to have your child strapped in front and have the tray in place. If this was somehow managed, it is impossible to get out of your chair. Personally I would ask for a bassinet seat, these are blocked by airlines until allocation so contact TG and ensure your ticket has a request for one of these seats. Final thought you picked a good airline. All Asian carriers especially THAI, you will find doting helpers in all of the FAs. enjoy
Old Feb 13, 2011, 12:12 pm

Hello,

A little off-topic, but I am trying to find an answer. Both my wife and I are arriving into BKK on two separate airlines, Air China and Qatar Airways - we are arriving practically at the same time and I'd like to meet her before we hit the immigration control. Do you have any idea what concourses in BKK these airlines operate from? Your reply will be greatly appreciated!

Dmitryi
Old Feb 14, 2011, 2:13 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by DmitryiY
Hello,

A little off-topic, but I am trying to find an answer. Both my wife and I are arriving into BKK on two separate airlines, Air China and Qatar Airways - we are arriving practically at the same time and I'd like to meet her before we hit the immigration control. Do you have any idea what concourses in BKK these airlines operate from? Your reply will be greatly appreciated!

Dmitryi
likely E/F/G. you can meet where they intersect.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 5:50 pm

Trying to book on TG.com for thevery first time and it seems that they do not offer any connection/codeshares on their *A buddies at all?

Can't book HKG-BKK on AC.com. LH.com doesn't even offer the FRA-BKK either. And I have no idea whereelse I could try to connect...

Is thaiair.com the most useless airline website or am I seriously not seeing something? Help?

Last edited by kaylla334; Feb 18, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.