Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:27 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
If you're looking to upgrade then contact TG or LH (if using miles or e-vouchers).

If you're asking about getting an opup then it's theoretically possible but unlikely.

If you're asking about simply being upgraded gratis in a non-overbooked scenario then don't be silly.
I love your no nonsense approach ^
Old Nov 1, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by phipz
I have been searching for answers for my questions but havent been succesful on these specific ones:

Have my first TG flights coming up in December: Dec 17th FRA-BKK (TG921) and Dec 18th BKK-SYD (TG471). Both legs in B. I am *G (LH Senator)

The FRA-BKK leg seems very crowded:
F4 A3 P0 C7 D2 J0 Z0 Y0 B0 M0 H0 Q0 T0 K0 S0 V0 W0

1) Does TG do operational upgrages? If so, what are my chances?
2) Can I buy an upgrade with my M&M miles? If so, how many do I have to pay for each leg? If so, how does that work?
3) Can I use an e-Voucher for upgrages to C?

Thanks!
Re your question if *A Gold on KF might get you an upgrade, then you are being a tad naive.

There are over 3,000,000 members of Thai's ROP, with at least 200,000 Gold members and about 4,000 Platinum members....so any Thai Platinum members flying in the same class as you would be upgraded first (after wannabe Thai VIPs, who are traveling in your class), then followed by Thai Gold members, so I would say that you would have as much chance of an upgrade as a Gold member of another airline as I would have of getting an upgrade on your airline (SQ), as my Platinum status in Thai only equates to *A Gold........and we know how generous SQ are with upgrades, don't we?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Kacee
OP-UP unlikely, and agree 25k miles rather steep for that flight.

Anyone know what they sell the upgrades for on that route? You can ask at check-in about a cash upgrade to J.
I tried the cash upgrade route and it failed miserably, as J was full.

I was actually quite impressed with the comfort of the Y seats on this flight, especially the degree of recline. I was seated in the bulkhead aisle seat, and it would have been great except after the boarding door closed, this jack*** moved up to sit next to me and proceeded to put his right elbow into my seat space/spleen for the entire 3 1/2 hour duration of the flight. It was pretty much everything I could do to not punch the guy repeatedly in the head.

Making matters worse was the fact that I had a flight on 6E the next morning at 06:40 after arriving at 00:10 from BKK, which was a CF in and of itself, but that's another story.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Lounge access in HKG

Arriving HKG on AC007 and departing on TG607 HKG-BKK in Y on Nov 29th. No status on TG or *A (but will be *A gold by end of this year.)

I could not find a guest-me-in request thread in this forum. I would be very happy if someone takes pity on me around 6pm on Nov 29th and guests me in to the TG (or any *A) lounge in HKG. Thanks
--
13F
Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:26 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
there was once a sticky "lounge meet thread" on this TG Forum
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...thread-20.html

but as it is not sticky anymore, it looks pretty dead. Maybe a moderator could put it back to sticky?
I can't help you as I am abroad at this date
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Will Thai through-check bags to EY on separate tickets?
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by BinSabai
there was once a sticky "lounge meet thread" on this TG Forum
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...thread-20.html

but as it is not sticky anymore, it looks pretty dead. Maybe a moderator could put it back to sticky?
I can't help you as I am abroad at this date
Thank you. I have posted in the lounge meet thread.
--
13F
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:26 am

Question Go through immigation in BKK or HKT?

I'm flying IAD-PEK-BKK-HKT. Do I go through customs & immigration in BKK or am I still in transit in BKK and go through C & I in HKT?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Steve_in_VA
I'm flying IAD-PEK-BKK-HKT. Do I go through customs & immigration in BKK or am I still in transit in BKK and go through C & I in HKT?
You are transiting BKK and will clear customs and immigration in Phuket.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by 2919scott
Immigration is at BKK, customs at HKT.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:02 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by 2919scott
in the past yes, but nowadays immigration is in BKK
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
in the past yes, but nowadays immigration is in BKK
Thanks for the update, I stand corrected.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:13 am

Partial refund for return segment of F ticket

I may need to enter Thailand with a round trip ticket from Japan, but request a refund of the return segment if my onward travel plans change.

The online booking system says this type of refund is possible with F tickets, and that the refund is the difference between fair paid and "applicable fare for travelled portion", less the refund fee.

I have been told different things by different telephone representatives. Since I have had issues with other airlines when doing partial refunds, I would like to ask here.

What I was recently told once by a representative at the Tokyo call center is that the six month validity F tickets displayed online are eligible for partial refunds, whereas the less expensive "saver" fares valid for up to 30 days are not. Is this in fact the case?

I would really appreciate any information or advice about this!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:22 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
What I was recently told once by a representative at the Tokyo call center is that the six month validity F tickets displayed online are eligible for partial refunds, whereas the less expensive "saver" fares valid for up to 30 days are not. Is this in fact the case?
According to the website the 1 month fares are eligible for partial refund, less the refund fee (10,000 JPY).

I'd expect the refund to be comparatively small as the one way fare is probably significantly more than 50% of the return fare, but if you've done partial refunds before you are probably used to that.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
According to the website the 1 month fares are eligible for partial refund, less the refund fee (10,000 JPY).

I'd expect the refund to be comparatively small as the one way fare is probably significantly more than 50% of the return fare, but if you've done partial refunds before you are probably used to that.
Thanks. I suppose either way I would end up paying the same fare after the refund, so I might as well take the sixth month validity ticket to have more flexability.

I just have one more question: While on a tourist visa I am technically required to show an onward or return ticket, they have never asked to see this upon arrival, particularly at fast track immigration. Do you think I would be fine entering on a one way ticket?

I suppose another factor would be whether or not they would let me check in at HND.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Nov 21, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.