Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
A few posts up the process was explained on doing INTL-BKK-DOM but how much of a layover should be comfortable?

Planning to book SIN-BKK-CNX J and just want to know how long I should give myself in BKK for immigration. I've only been in BKK during the late evening hours.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:45 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
90 minutes are comfortable, 60 minutes sufficient
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:41 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by kanor
I am looking at flights VTE-BKK-KTM with TG in C for a friend, but on the VTE-BKK leg there is only economy available.
Will she get into the lounge at VTE and be considered a C pax if the BKK-KTM leg is in C? (she has no status)
bump
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by kanor
bump
if TG or TG smile stop to sell C class from and to Vientiane, they will probably also stop to use the current contract lounge.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BinSabai
if TG or TG smile stop to sell C class from and to Vientiane, they will probably also stop to use the current contract lounge.
Regardless of whether or not TG continues 2 class service on this particular route, OP inquired if their friend would gain lounge access at VTE when that segment is in Y while the connecting segment is in C and the answer is no.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Regardless of whether or not TG continues 2 class service on this particular route, OP inquired if their friend would gain lounge access at VTE when that segment is in Y while the connecting segment is in C and the answer is no.
sure, according to the rules it is a clear no
however this is TG and some issues might be negotiable
- however much less possible at a contract lounge then at their own lounge
- and not possible anymore if they don't have a contract lounge any more
sorry for my Thai-style answer!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BinSabai
sure, according to the rules it is a clear no
however this is TG and some issues might be negotiable
- however much less possible at a contract lounge then at their own lounge
- and not possible anymore if they don't have a contract lounge any more
sorry for my Thai-style answer!
I wasn't sure from OP if this route has been down-gauged to all Y or there simply wasn't C available.

Even if C remains on the route but is unavailable for their friend's flight there will not be any lounge access.... we are in full agreement there.

ไม่เป็นไร
Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:38 am

I've done a basic search but haven't run across this question.

We'll be in Bangkok for a week in November and then plan to spend the weekend in Koh Samui, flying Bangkok Air. We then plan to fly out of BKK on Tuesday on TG in F so would like time to enjoy Royal Orchid. If our Koh Samui flight arrives at 3pm and TG to Sydney is scheduled for 6:20pm, is that enough time to thoroughly experience the lounge? Do I need to make any special expediting arrangements?

Second, we'll have 1-2 bags with colder weather wear for NZ that I'd rather not schlep to Koh Samui. If we park them at BKK on Saturday, how much time do you think that would add to our check-in time if we need to retrieve those bags after 3 on Tuesday? If opposite ends of BKK from where we need to be, I'll just pay the extra baggage fee and take with.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by roneyc
I've done a basic search but haven't run across this question.

We'll be in Bangkok for a week in November and then plan to spend the weekend in Koh Samui, flying Bangkok Air. We then plan to fly out of BKK on Tuesday on TG in F so would like time to enjoy Royal Orchid. If our Koh Samui flight arrives at 3pm and TG to Sydney is scheduled for 6:20pm, is that enough time to thoroughly experience the lounge? Do I need to make any special expediting arrangements?
I would re-evaluate your plans as SYD has no F service for TG after October.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:02 am

Problem is that it's an award ticket booked prior to UA downgrade in Jan. Not sure what recourse I have to change and what fees would be involved.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by roneyc
Problem is that it's an award ticket booked prior to UA downgrade in Jan. Not sure what recourse I have to change and what fees would be involved.
Well there is no F...UA should be able to rebook you into TG J and give you the difference back in miles. If there is no J on your date I'm sure you can talk them into booking J on a nearby day at the pre-deval rate.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:24 am

Thanks for the info, but initial leg from IAH is still F, as is return from NZ at end of November, so no points refund. At this late date, SIA has no F to either SYD or AKL and I service involves stopping in Singapore. I don't want to burn OW points for a single leg. Looks like I'm just stuck.

Back to original question about layover timing -- is time sufficient? Surely TG can make some amends since they've just severely downgraded my ticket - or will all concierge services also cease 10/31?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:34 am

You can print out your original booking and maybe talk your way into the lounge? I doubt that will happen and I doubt they're going to give you the 1 hour massage and even if they let you sit in the lounge probably no buggy, sort of a persona non grata.
I had a BKK-SYD F downgrade as well but I don't come in with the expectation that I should still get all of that treatment because...I am not longer flying in F.

J lounges and the mini massages in BKK aren't bad. 3 hours & 20 min in BKK is more than enough time.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold

TG should automatically book you in to J on the same flight.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by travelislife
TG should automatically book you in to J on the same flight.
But the OP seems like they should be able to roll up to the airport and show a previously booked trip in F and get all the same services while actually flying in J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.