Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Bronze
Got the answer I wanted by googling and found this one which seems perfect ...
http://www.orientalescape.com/thaila...k/transit.html
Cheers.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Ardentinny
Got the answer I wanted by googling and found this one which seems perfect ...
http://www.orientalescape.com/thaila...k/transit.html
Cheers.
Assuming they are eligible for a visa exemption stamp why on earth would they (want to) take a tour like this?
Old Jun 28, 2014, 11:52 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Assuming they are eligible for a visa exemption stamp why on earth would they (want to) take a tour like this?
safest bet to return with a couple of overpriced souvenirs from a way overpriced tour!
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:47 am

Programs: ROP *G
Quick question, Why is TG suddenly changing their TG921 route? Seems like some days are 747 and no longer A380. Also seems like some days TG920 is a 747

Last edited by Mchamp; Jun 30, 2014 at 1:10 am
Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:20 am

if the TG921 is a 747, then the TG920 leaving the evening before from BKK ain't no A380...

low season, travel warnings, coup...
Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:43 am

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by Mchamp
Quick question, Why is TG suddenly changing their TG921 route? Seems like some days are 747 and no longer A380. Also seems like some days TG920 is a 747
Maintenance maybe? Swapping a 4 engine A380 to a 4 engine 747 wouldn't likely be due to loads or those other reasons I would think. Especially if it is just for a few days or the like. I doubt they have enough birds to cover when they need to go in for a check up.

Thai have been pretty consistent at keeping the A380's on Paris and Frankfurt so customers have surely got used to it now and I wouldn't think they would swap them out without a reason, but who knows.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:55 am

#1502 - They need to kill 14 hours between flights. Any better ideas? Cheap enough day out for them in a strange city.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 5:45 am

Head in to town. Go to the MBK food court on the top level, eat as much Thai food as you can for about 200 baht, you would struggle to still be hungry. Go for a walk up sukhumvit, absorb Bangkok. Head to one of the numerous roof top bars for a drink. Eat some more awesome food. Grab a massage if that's your thing. Head back out to the airport. There is a cool bicycle tour that goes through some of the back streets and down around the harbour which they could do in the morning. I'll find the link for you.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 5:50 am

http://realasia.net/tours/morning_tour.php
Old Jun 30, 2014, 5:51 am

But really if you can't find something in Bangkok to offer 14 hours of entertainment you've got to get out more! Just get them to wander around. Need a break, go to one of the 5 star hotels and use their pool for a few hours for $20.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 6:09 am

14 hours in Bangkok?
Emerald Buddha Temple, Wat Po, Vimanmek
take the river express or hire your own long tail boat
Sampeng Lane in Chinatown
Asiatique Riverfront
shopping malls
massage traditional or other
Muang Boran (Ancient City)
crocodile farm
food, food, food
etc.etc.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 7:46 am
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Originally Posted by travelislife
Need a break, go to one of the 5 star hotels and use their pool for a few hours for $20.
Great advice! Throw in some nice food, and maybe a few drinks in the evening and you'll have a really relaxing day!
Old Jul 2, 2014, 1:37 am

Thanks for the ideas folks which have been passed onto the young guys. After a month trekking around India they might appreciate the swimming pool suggestion.
If it was me then I would meet up with my mate in Pattaya but not sure if I would want to leave ....
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TG reservation showing on QR Manage My Booking

Will fly TG HKG-BKK-CDG in F early Sept.

Up to may be 4 weeks ago I was still able to pull up TG PNR from QR website under Manage My Booking to see the seat availability - QR site even let me choose seats at that time, though the availability on the seat map did not seem to correspond to what TG showed.

Then TG canceled the Wed service BKK-CDG and booked us on Thursday. All previous seat selection was lost.

On TG site, the HKG-BKK segment I could pick seats. However the BKK-CDG segment the seat map would not let me do anything. I had to call TG to get seat assignments.

I saw from TG site there was only 1 seat unassigned in the A380 F cabin. I wanted to check this from QR site but now QR site would not pull up TG PNR and gave me error message.

I thought TG used Amadeur system as I can see it on CheckMyTrip site, so QR should be able to see it - I was able to see it just a few weeks ago. But it is not any more.

Anybody has any experiences on this?

The Pre-Order Meal function continues broken to me - all I see is the Server error message each time I tried it. I would be better off to call them from HKG to pre-order our preferences.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:32 am

Programs: ROP-Gold
Hi !
TG was replaced by its budget carrier Thaismile for Cmb-Bkk.TG sells economy class out of Colombo for the regular airline but not business class to Sydney.
Would anyone know a possible reason please ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.