Reload this Page >

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR

H there I cannot reply to any posts or edit any posts at all in Chrome and have had to resort to internet explorer
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
No ad blocker, Cleared cache all the usual stuff but given I cant reply to posts guessing something is really broken
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by cgtechuk

H there I cannot reply to any posts or edit any posts at all in Chrome and have had to resort to internet explorer
I had a similar issue when the update first went out. To fix it, I held the shift key while refreshing the page and that worked for me.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by jackal
Thanks.

BTW, Likes are apparently working again for me.
not working for me this am. Just tried to like two posts and nothing.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:31 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Duke787
The other big issue for me is the lack of definition between the "sticky" threads and the "normal" threads. The gray is not dark enough and the lines between each row don't have enough definition
Something we are working on.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:43 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Biggest issue for me too. Where did this go???
I've asked for this to be reinstated. In the meantime, the inverted triangle to the left of a thread title in the thread listing will take you to the first unread post.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:45 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Shouldn't we get free pizza and drinks since we are doing the User Acceptance Testing for FT? This is common practice for large software launches elsewhere (when team members come in after hours to help sort out post-launch issues)
If/when I get pizza, I shall gladly share some with you.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:46 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by estnet
HORRIBLE! I can't get rid of right columns asking for donations/etc. which makes readable area small and very difficult for old eyes - enlarging the whole page to get readable type makes for a whole lot of other problems.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Asking for donations? Could you please post a screenshot?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by IBJoel
We have several tech tickets open to get things back closer to their original size.
That is not doing much, though, until you dump the new headache-inducing font and get rid of the buggy infinite scroll.
cruisr and Silver Fox like this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IBJoel
If/when I get pizza, I shall gladly share some with you.
^
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
"indent" toolbar button works while composing, but not when the post actually appears ... source defaults back to "[l e f t][/ l e f t]", so it's not rocket surgery to change to "[i n d e n t][/ i n d e n t]" to get it to look the way I want it to look

suggest enlarging the "Alert Mod" triangle in the left column and perhaps making it red

trivial suggestion, but probably really easy to implement ... go back to actual replies/views counts for popular/long-running threads rather than rounding to the nearest hundred
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by wrp96
I had a similar issue when the update first went out. To fix it, I held the shift key while refreshing the page and that worked for me.

Thanks I am now working
IBJoel likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posting a link seems to be working again. Of course it shows up as underline vs. full link, but is clickable. Baby steps.

The alert a moderator button to the left is miniscule compared to what it used to be, as is the button to the left (that I had to click on to figure out what it was because I couldn't remember). The button to the left lets you know if a FTer is online or not. Besides being larger like the AAM button, the former online/offline was bright green if someone was on & think gray or shaded color if they were off. The current barely there gray & faint blue is so washed out that most won't know what it is. And as noted, they're tiny, tiny.

Also, need to make the page # you're on either more black or make it blue. Sometimes it's really hard to tell what page one is on. We need something to better distinguish it.

Cheers.
DenverBrian likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:05 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by jrl767
"indent" toolbar button works while composing, but not when the post actually appears ... source defaults back to "[l e f t][/ l e f t]", so it's not rocket surgery to change to "[i n d e n t][/ i n d e n t]" to get it to look the way I want it to look
suggest enlarging the "Alert Mod" triangle in the left column and perhaps making it red
Both issues are currently being worked on.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:08 pm

I find it much harder to read; I don't know if this is a font or a contrast issue. Actually hurts my head after a few minutes, so I give up.
RealHJ likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.