Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2018, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I forget if this has been mentioned yet (or if it's even related to the redesign per se) but it looks like some characters aren't rendering properly.

For example, on the Nexus 5X:

The same post on my 2017 MacBook Pro running Safari:

IBJoel likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
my biggest complain it is hard to go to the menu path, I have tgo go to First then I can see the menu path.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I can't imagine anyone likes the infinite scroll.

Also, it's very confusing to find Forum Jump, Forum, MyFT, and New Posts. Their positioning, depending on what page one is on, seems almost random.
ijgordon and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Well - this is still terrible. Find I can't spend more than 5 minutes on the site at any time because of all the white. Seriously - who thought that was a good idea?

New annoyance: Is there no way to adjust font size in posts in posts anymore? Since the so-called upgrade the font size in my signature line is absurdly small - and I can't find a way to adjust in the the "edit signature" feature.

Did [redacted] IB test anything or think about usability before rolling this downgrade out?

Last edited by cblaisd; Apr 3, 2018 at 2:04 pm Reason: Removed uncivil characterization
Old Apr 2, 2018, 6:33 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
lol signatures, the font size on those should be set to zero to save the few people who aren't aware they can be disabled entirely.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I can't imagine anyone likes the infinite scroll.
Yeah, to me that's one of the stupidest web design ideas ever. It flies in the face of loading things in the background so they will be ready for the user to view. Instead, the elements are only loaded when the user can see them...and then wait for them to load? Completely retarded. But even ebay does it! It's a trend I hate, but I'm sure it will go away once complaints of 'slow loading' come back and the pendulum swings back to form following function vs the other way around.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:42 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I'm still not seeing wikis in mobile.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The page a user is on and other page numbers on a forum page are almost non-discernibly from each other to my old eyes. A halo, box or font color change for the current page would be a great improvement. I realize this was mentioned up thread but should be a minor change that would only take minutes.

My 2 cents on this whole "upgrade" is what the heck was IB/FT thinking. Don't know how it could have been made any worse without a lot of planning.
Silver Fox and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Infinite scrll was in place before the current changes. I'm not entirely pleased with it, but at least one can turn it off.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:31 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Efrem
Thanks for replacing this icon with something more reasonable. I still don't see the point of including a downward-pointing triangle in the new icon, since that design element has the generally accepted meaning given above, but it's not as blatant as it used to be and the icon overall is much easier to hit.

By the way, even those of us who have complaints about the new design and how it was introduced appreciate that people are here and are paying attention!
I did request that the first unread button not look like a dropdown menu button, but this was given as an interim improvement. I will again request something a little more obvious.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:33 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
At the very least can you change the font size of threads on the New Posts page (which I assume will change it across the board). It is ridiculosly small, and is smaller than the subtitle and other items on the screen. It's been reported several times throughout this thread but nothing seems to be happening.
I have indeed asked them to increase the size font when doing search (New Posts works as a type of search, so would be improved by this).
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Infinite scrll was in place before the current changes. I'm not entirely pleased with it, but at least one can turn it off.
Please tell me how!
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by IBJoel
I did request that the first unread button not look like a dropdown menu button, but this was given as an interim improvement. I will again request something a little more obvious.
To be fair, the current button looks pretty much like the button that existed prior to the recent changes -- nly it is now blue. I think it's fine as is. There are much more important things to work on...
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:09 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by muji
I agree.
And that button, as well as the "online now" button to the left of it, are now tiny.
This was at the request of the moderators themselves that this be made red again.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:16 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by IBJoel
This was at the request of the moderators themselves that this be made red again.
Thanks for clearing that up.
I am going to 'Alert a moderator' to my own post just to see what that looks like. It was my belief that red denoted only the 'alerted' state, not the ground state of the element. Anyhow, it will be interesting to know what 'alerted' looks like now.

-- Added
Well, there we have it. It looks the same after an alert is triggered.
So can the new skin not differentiate between alerted and non-alerted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.