1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:01 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by RumPatrol
New bug I've noticed:

Right click to cut/copy/paste/etc does not work in the quick reply box. It brings up the save page as menu instead. There are a few spots I've been able to get the cut and paste menu to show up but not many. Have to use shortcuts to cut, copy, paste, select all, etc.

This is a hilarious disaster.
Verified and reported -- I tested on Chrome (works fine) and Firefox (bug as described).
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by anrkitec
Specifically, I try to get into a forum, my phone freezes, the scroll bar shows there is something that can be scrolled but the page is entirely white, it hangs, then loads the amazon.com fake ad/app and then redirect to that site, opening a new window.

Can't post screen shots because the page that first tries to load is blank and then it loads the same amazon.com fake ad/site images that a dozen other people have already posted.

Posted this in the advert thread but no one seems home there.

FT is completely unusable on my phone - and yes, I have cleared cache and files, rebooted, etc.
I'm sorry about that. We do report all bad ads that are posted on that thread; however, this thread is for issues related to the software update only.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
I'm not seeing the vertical banner ad anymore. Was this fixed?

ETA. I spoke too soon. It's still there.

Unusable on the iPhone. Ugh.
I am using the site on my iphone 6+ now. Both in mobile skin view and desktop skin view.

If you'd like, you can post your device and browser info, and links to pages you are viewing when this occurs, and we'll test...
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL,EK
Well, it was fixed. Now I am back to the white post15th look. Arrrgghhh!

Frankly, this is just terrible. too much white space, load times are pathetic, the layout is clunky and too many ads filling the screen.

Several forums are just blank white pages - including this one until a short while ago.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Not sure if it's just me, but it appears the site is no longer keeping me logged in (despite my checking the box).
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Which device/browser are you using? Are you in Incognito mode?
Not sure if this response was noted:

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Chrome on desktop. Not in Incognito mode.
As an update, I’m experiencing the same issue on my iPhone and iPad as well. Also using Chrome on both. The issue is intermittent on all three devices...happening about 50% of the time.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by DesertNomad
Does anyone know of another forum somewhere else on the internet that is similar to FlyerTalk? This site just does not work at all and I can't see coming back here often.
insideflyer.com ^^
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
It appears that FT has hired Air Canada's IT team to do the "upgrade".
Be nice now. There's no reason to hurl such insults at the AC IT team.

AC can only dream of implementing such a huge #fail like FT has.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by florens
The truth hurts.
..,. and nothing like being able to delete unfavourable remarks with impunity.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

I "like" that the emoticon screen now pops up to take up the whole page. And by "like", I mean, why?! The old pop up box worked just fine and actually allowed one to type concurrently.

Traveller likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by RandomNobody
Some basic [...] user scripting on the classic skin will get it most of the way back to the way it was, especially dealing with the whitespace overload.
I used uBO "explicit style cosmetic filters" to the same effect without calling in the *monkeys. However most people will not go through such hassle, and instead they will just stop using the site that has become so unfriendly and annoying to even browse. One would have hoped IB had learned something from the Wikitravel fiasco, instead it seems like a replay of what happened then.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I "like" that the emoticon screen now pops up to take up the whole page. And by "like", I mean, why?! The old pop up box worked just fine and actually allowed one to type concurrently.
That probably "works as designed". They have already said they won't fix those things.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
That probably "works as designed". They have already said they won't fix those things.
Reminds me of my former workplace. Whenever I would ask them why something didn't work, whether it be database, IT, etc. they'd respond "well there's a workaround!" I'm like I don't want a GD workaround. I just want the systems that I need to do my job to work!
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:43 am
Suspended

Time is not displayed properly. My time is set to EST. The posted time is +1 hour.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Can you post a full screenshot of the size of what the "Enhanced Interface - Full CKEditor" looks like on your device?
I may have attached something. If not, I really don't know how hard it can possibly be to look at the old system, work out the font and font size, and just change it back to that. So much is pushed back on the users when we all must be seeing the same. And in the attached that is not the size when in edit mode.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by IBobi
Would love to hear your specific concerns, ideally accompanied by some screen shots?
Thanks for replying. For starters, the navigation bar on the left, see screenshot. This can't be a design choice? Big black boxes? The spacing is such that it continues on for pages down the left. Using Chrome on High Sierra.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.