1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I think it would be helpful if the administrator could post a wiki on the progress of fixing this website.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:56 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Not sure if it's just me, but it appears the site is no longer keeping me logged in (despite my checking the box).
Which device/browser are you using? Are you in Incognito mode?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Which device/browser are you using? Are you in Incognito mode?
Chrome on desktop. Not in Incognito mode.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Not sure if it's just me, but it appears the site is no longer keeping me logged in (despite my checking the box).
As reported above, I'm getting the opposite. The site is keeping me checked in even though I don't want it to do that on my work computer (Chrome).
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:04 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by SQ88
I’m on safari, iOS11. The option to disable infinite scroll doesn’t exist when I click on the link. In other news, I can’t see what I’m typing because the cursor keeps jumping to a place hidden by the toolbar as seen in this attachment:

In addition to my previous feedback, which was never replied to or addressed, I’m encountering the same issues as C W as well. Even when scrolling this help thread.
Can you please post a screenshot of "Disable Infinite Scroll" not appearing? It should be about 2/3 of the way down the page.

As for your cursor in the text box, I would like to understand its behavior a little more.
-Does it automatically appear there when you open the reply window?
-Are you able to move the cursor anywhere within the text box?
-Does the cursor automatically return within the text options as it looks in your screenshot?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DesertNomad

What is the purpose of having two identical ads?

macOS 10.11.6 with Safari.

Doubling ad revenue?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:12 am
Administrator

C W I have moved your posts about the ads here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...een-shots.html

It is our dedicated ad thread and they are unrelated to the change in software.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
This site is now UNUSABLE on a mobile device. The side ads block the forum select bar as well as the right side of many posts.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When will IB acknowledge that this change was rolled out before it was ready, revert to the last known stable version, then fix the proposed new version without impacting users?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
When will IB acknowledge that this change was rolled out before it was ready, revert to the last known stable version, then fix the proposed new version without impacting users?
They won't. And that is actually the most frustrating part of the whole thing.
There is no way this was beta tested before being implemented on users. I'm sure there are many of us that would be willing to spend some time to beta test (myself included) before making such a huge bug-fest of an update. Pretty much any other forum I'm on has followed that path, allow users to opt-in to beta test and provide feedback, take time to fix things and then have a smoother update when it goes live. It's simply amateur.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Reply to thread still left justifies. <sigh>.

I find it so amusing that on the right hand side of the screen, because I have not worked out how to block it with ABP, that the box that says: Did you know? advises me that " The FlyerTalk team works very hard to keep the site free for you and provide the best possible content. "

Strangely I thought it was the users of the forum that generated the traffic. The ones that are patently being ignored here. There is one, repeat one, person that has reported positive feedback in this thread and the revenue generating users are being ignored.

Oh, and can you fix the font size in the reply to thread box? Seriously, how hard could that possibly be?
Kiara likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:48 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Reply to thread still left justifies. <sigh>.

I find it so amusing that on the right hand side of the screen, because I have not worked out how to block it with ABP, that the box that says: Did you know? advises me that " The FlyerTalk team works very hard to keep the site free for you and provide the best possible content. "

Strangely I thought it was the users of the forum that generated the traffic. The ones that are patently being ignored here. There is one, repeat one, person that has reported positive feedback in this thread and the revenue generating users are being ignored.

Oh, and can you fix the font size in the reply to thread box? Seriously, how hard could that possibly be?
We are currently working on the font size.
Are you using the Standard Editor or Enhanced? You can check in "Edit Options": https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Go to this page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions
And select "Disable Infinite Scroll"
OK that's fantastic. The site is no longer totally unusable here.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
This site is now UNUSABLE on a mobile device. The side ads block the forum select bar as well as the right side of many posts.
This site is barely functional on my laptop and still totally unusable on my mobile devices. Yet we seem to be tinkering around with font sizes and other trivia. Come on, people, for God's sake WAKE UP!!!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
No idea if this is new layout related but I don't see a big bug report thread (quite possible I missed it) but I was getting this recently:

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected ';' in ..../includes/functions.php(6467) : eval()'d code on line 7

It's gone now, clearly, given I can post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.