1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by IBJoel
We are officially moving forward with reinstating this.
So yeah, this is still available with clicking my username, clicking statistics, clicking Find all posts by .....

So I am 99% fine by now, this awful jarring scrolling is the only thing remaining to be fixed for me.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Buster
How did you do this? I can't seem to find that.
Very bottom of the page, on the left. It's a pulldown menu.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I would note that the poll was closed by IB staff, not by the moderators.

The new poll can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...e-changes.html

cblaisd, Co-Moderator
Technical Support forum.
I tried the link. It produces only a blank page except for message that "link not found"
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by SkeptiCallie
I tried the link. It produces only a blank page except for message that "link not found"
That poll's been deleted too, apparently.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:28 pm

If I missed it, can someone please let me know -- is there any way to change the width of the LAST POST, REPLIES and VIEWS columns? They literally take up HALF of my browser window.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by C W
The is symbolic of how poorly this update was executed. The non-transparent background doesn't match the surrounding color
Yes. Totally amateurish.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We upgraded today.
Untrue. You downgraded.

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I would note that the poll was closed by IB staff, not by the moderators.

The new poll can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...e-changes.html
That's missing too.

Originally Posted by IBobi
Instead of going back, we will fix the bugs.
This is simply the wrong answer. You should reinstate what works until/unless the faulty version gets fixed.

The correct way to go about this process is that you have an alpha test, you have a beta test, you allow users who don't mind spending time on it to engage in the beta test, and you finally release the new version when it works. The incorrect way to go about this process is to throw a beta test version at users with no option to revert to the version that works. It's a huge waste of time and a huge inconvenience. It annoys everyone and suggests to users that FT don't care about them at all. FT then loses all credibility by deleting any polls created to ask users their opinions, pretty much proving FT's disdain for its users.
beltway, Grog, Silver Fox and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:39 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Globaliser
That poll's been deleted too, apparently.
IB staff deleted the poll, and instead has requested specific feedback in this thread on bugs in the new interface.

cblaisd
Co-Moderator, Technical Support forum
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:49 pm

Cannot access pages easily anymore with new layout

I am no longer able to view posts by page / on separate pages. All the posts of a thread are now on one very long page, in an eternal scroll setup.
At the bottom of the page I see just two options - the one I am in (FT Desktop NG - with its eternal scroll) and a "mobile one" option which is not what I want.

Is there any way to fix or adjust this?
And any way to get rid of the top-of-thread little window which now pops open and shut as I scroll through a thread?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kremmen
It's a huge waste of time and a huge inconvenience. It annoys everyone and suggests to users that FT don't care about them at all. FT then loses all credibility by deleting any polls created to ask users their opinions, pretty much proving FT's disdain for its users.
Users wanting changes are a nuisance. No wonder Talkboard was eliminated. And 99% of the registered users haven't complained at all.
/cynic mode
Grog, Silver Fox, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by ursine1
If I missed it, can someone please let me know -- is there any way to change the width of the LAST POST, REPLIES and VIEWS columns? They literally take up HALF of my browser window.
This is the type of stuff I'm talking about. Even without the bugs, and again there are many, just the most basic web design stuff like column height and width, colors and font size are inexplicably bad.

Those 3 columns plus the massive empty space where I assume an ad is supposed to be take up half of my window as well. Add in the first two columns with the envelopes and the almost always empty column that occasionally has a new thread logo in it and over half of the page is being wasted by mostly irrelevant content.

I am on a 25" 1440p monitor with Firefox split screened and zoomed to 120% and the amount of empty space on the screen is staggering while thread titles feel so cramped. Add in the fact that the font is so small in certain parts of the website that it takes every bit of my 20/20 vision to see, and I just don't understand who actually thought this was a good idea. The thread navigation bar at the top that says FlyerTalk Forums > Sub Forum > Sub Forum > Sub Forum > Thread is so tiny even compared to normal post text that I have to zoom in more to see where I'm at without squinting, meanwhile the thread title is in front page newspaper headline size font. This is literally the most basic aspect of web design, layout, font and color and some how all 3 were thoroughly botched with this "upgrade."

Separately, I now see that clicking the Forum button at the top of the page now no longer takes you to the trending threads but rather to the home page of the forum. Why? You can access that page already on EVERY SINGLE PAGE of the forum by clicking FlyerTalk Forums in the FlyerTalk Forums > Sub Forum > Sub Forum > Sub Forum > Thread navigation at the top. As far as I can tell, there is no way to see the Trending Threads page now. Perhaps I'm one of the few who actually likes that page, but my entry point to FT every single day is via the Trending Threads page.
beltway and ursine1 like this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:14 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Hello muji, although more of a Technical issue forum matter than a Suggestion Box one, as a member, you can fix this issue to your preferred view. Go to the My FlyerTalk menu near the top of each page -> In Box-> Edit Options, and choose to disable Infinite scroll. While in this area of user option choices, you may also choose to set the maximum number of posts you'd like to see on each page. Remember to scroll down to the bottom of the Options section and choose "Save" so that whatever changes you make actually "take".
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:23 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
No wonder Talkboard was eliminated.
Internet Brands had nothing to do with the elimination of TalkBoard.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:25 pm

The new layout seriously looks like it was "designed" 10 years ago.

I suppose I needed a reason to spend less time here anyway.
Grog and Duke787 like this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
Users wanting changes are a nuisance. No wonder Talkboard was eliminated. And 99% of the registered users haven't complained at all.
/cynic mode
Administrators wanting changes no one asked for and no one tested are a bigger nuisance. As far as I can tell, the only thing gained from a complete overhaul in web design was the ability to upload photos more easily. Surely that could have been done without a complete overhaul that looks like a free message board I designed 10 years ago. 2 of the 3 "User Interface Improvements" listed for this "upgrade" don't work or are so intrusive and hideous that people rushed to find a way to turn it off.

I doubt even 5% of the registered users on this forum access the forum on a daily basis and of those that do, I imagine a great deal either didn't notice or didn't care and a great deal more did, but can't actually find where to register a complaint as it takes 3 clicks from the global announcement sticky just to get to this thread and tech support and feedback is buried at the bottom of the main page. For reference, just under 1.5% of the total members on FT are currently online.

Also just for reference, the current top trending forum thread has 46 replies and 1.4K views today. In the day and a half this thread has been active, it has 505 replies and 6.9K views. By the way, this thread doesn't show up in the Trending Forum Threads list despite being what appears to be the most trafficked thread on the forum in the last two days. Huh. How about that.
Grog and florens like this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
If we are going to be stuck with this flaming pile of garbage, at least change the button coloring. I'm actually surprised you even were allowed to roll them out since the hideous green background with the white lettering appear to violate commonly accepted visual accessibility standards due to the poor contrast (I can barely read them and I have perfect vision and am using a Macbook Pro with Retina Display).

Also whenever I post a message it annoyingly changes fonts 3 times (the font it shows when typing, the font it shows when saving, and then the final font that is posted) and that doesn't count the fact that there appear to be about 4 different fonts being used on different parts of the page. I'm not sure this re-design could look more amateurish and designed without any thought or overarching strategy.
beltway and Silver Fox like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.