1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:56 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by SQ88
The cursor appears there when I try to type above whatever fits into the text box (such as what I’m doing now).

Im able to move the cursor anywhere I want but as long as its above whatever content that fits into the text box, it immediately jumps back up there (and hiding whatever I’m typing as I type) the moment I start typing.
OK, so as long as you view the site on the mobile skin, you cannot disable infinite scroll. You must use the desktop skin to do this.

The text box problem is something I'm still testing and working on, so please bear with me.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Delta forum, still 500 error for Page 3 or older.
Same for me.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:58 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by nmh1204
Win 10, Firefox Quantum, v. 57.0

Logged out - No page buttons, no last button, no reply button:
Logged in, again, no buttons for pages, post reply, or last page button:

The
The colouring, font sizing, and the font are dreadul, the previous layout was way better. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

See these screenshots, the buttons and colour combination on the create post screen are dreadful, the buttons are too small, the black on grey buttons at the top are too small and the colour combination makes it hard to see clearly. The buttons for MyFT, Community, Wiki, New Posts, Search, Quick Links and Log Out are too small. The Submit reply, and preview post buttons are too small.The quote button is too small, too.

You're still on Infinite Scroll.
Disable it here and the page buttons will return: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:01 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ord Liza
I can't read through threads properly without the thread jumping around. This may already have been raised, but since I can't read through threads without the thread jumping around...I can't tell. Yesterday, I kept being taken to odd posts when I tried to read a thread (not the last post read or the first or the last in a thread), which was bad enough; today is worse. In one thread, I kept trying to scroll to the top and couldn't; the thread kept popping down to the bottom. Also, I've tried going to several pages and they won't load. I can access some of them by getting to them via a thread, just not through the forum itself.
Was there a video ad in the post your page snapped to? Are you on desktop regular or Infinite Scroll?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel
You're still on Infinite Scroll.
Disable it here and the page buttons will return: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions
Thanks, that fixed the no pages/reply button when logged in, but didn't change anything else, the sizing of buttons/text/colour is still bad, and when not logged in, there's no pages/last/reply buttons.

Thanks
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:02 pm
Administrator

I replicated the 500 Error on mobile. I have reported it.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:05 pm

I replicated the 500 Error on mobile. I have reported it.
It's not just happening on mobile. This forum, along with OMNI/PR, are generating it on Desktop browsers as well.
DenverBrian likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I did not go through all 600+ posts here... I'm getting several blank pages when I try read certain forums... such as Premium Fare Deals...
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold
OK, so as long as you view the site on the mobile skin, you cannot disable infinite scroll. You must use the desktop skin to do this.

The text box problem is something I'm still testing and working on, so please bear with me.
Thank you for your very prompt reply right now. I’m glad that the text box issue is being looked into.

Since infinite scroll cannot be disabled on mobile, is there a fix for the issue I raised earlier?

I’m using FT on mobile to read trip reports that are extremely image heavy (think SFO777). Ever since the upgrade, every time I scroll up one line, the previous 1 or 2 page will load, taking up a massive amount of mobile data when I’m not on wifi. I also experienced this phenomenon in other sub forums such as this one.

Also, when I open a TR and jump to the previous page I was reading (I.e. skip to page 6), it takes a really long time to start loading images on that page, leading me to think that pages 1-5 are loading in the background as well but I could be wrong about this.

I’m not sure if it’s an enhancement thats designed to happen or a bug. Either way, I’m not sure it’s necessarily a positive change in most parts of the world where we do not have unlimited mobile data plans.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:11 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet
It's not just happening on mobile. This forum, along with OMNI/PR, are generating it on Desktop browsers as well.
Tech forum error also confirmed on desktop. Added to report.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:13 pm
Administrator

Thank you for your very prompt reply right now. I’m glad that the text box issue is being looked into.

Since infinite scroll cannot be disabled on mobile, is there a fix for the issue I raised earlier?
Visit this page again: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions
Scroll to bottom, click "View Full Site".
Disable Infinite Scroll should now appear in this skin.
You usually have to zoom in to read stuff on a phone, but it will curb data usage/
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold
Visit this page again: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions
Scroll to bottom, click "View Full Site".
Disable Infinite Scroll should now appear in this skin.
You usually have to zoom in to read stuff on a phone, but it will curb data usage/
Zoom in a little and scroll left and right while reading I genuinely hope that this is a temporary solution while you guys fix the scrolling issue. The way that infinite scroll was handled previously on mobile (one page up when you attempt to scroll above the top of the first post in this page and one page down when you attempt to scroll beyond the bottom of the last post of the page) was perfect. I could always gauge when to stop scrolling after reading the last post as to not load the next page.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:22 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Has anyone else been unable to add Expert Hotel Reviews to a property thread since the change?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:27 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I did not go through all 600+ posts here... I'm getting several blank pages when I try read certain forums... such as Premium Fare Deals...
Are they just completely blank? Do they say Parsing error or Error 500?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:28 pm
Administrator

Zoom in a little and scroll left and right while reading I genuinely hope that this is a temporary solution while you guys fix the scrolling issue. The way that infinite scroll was handled previously on mobile (one page up when you attempt to scroll above the top of the first post in this page and one page down when you attempt to scroll beyond the bottom of the last post of the page) was perfect. I could always gauge when to stop scrolling after reading the last post as to not load the next page.
We are working on a new mobile site, but I have not been informed of an ETA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.