Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:26 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tony300S
So for our Oct. 2019 Swiss trip we are booked on LX23 (JFK>GVA Redeye) in seats 6 D/G and return on LX14 (ZRH>JFK Daytime) in seats 5 A/B. Both flights are A330-300's

For a couple what are your opinions? I'm 6'2" and athletic build if it matters.

5 A/B Mini-Cabin privacy w/ 1 armrest and a window vs. 6 D/G Main Business bulkhead w/ 2 armrests and no window..... Have the option to switch both flights to either option or leave it as is and experience both.

I'm gathering 4 or 5 D/G would be the best of both worlds, but one seat is already taken on both flights. Thanks!
6D/G with more space for your legs/feet are much better than 5A/B any day especially on redeyes. Personally I think the mini-cabin is overrated.
Tony300S likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Definitely any seats in (bulkhead) rows 4 / 6 before anything else if you are 6'2".
Dhamal, MichielR and Tony300S like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:24 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
6D/G with more space for your legs/feet are much better than 5A/B any day especially on red-eyes. Personally I think the mini-cabin is overrated.
Originally Posted by goliath
Definitely any seats in (bulkhead) rows 4 / 6 before anything else if you are 6'2".
Thanks guys! I think I'll switch up the return seats to 6 D/G for the extra leg and arm (console) space.

Last question, is this still the bassinet/infant location (6 D/G), and if so, any way they would move or reassign us?

UPDATE: Called Swiss to change the return seats to 6 D/G and was told, "Not Possible/Infant Location" so I said OK, and left it alone. Decided to call back about 30-min later and got a much more clear and fluent woman who said "No Problem" and made the change which was reflected immediately on my only Swiss account. Moral of the story, when in doubt hang up and try again.

Last edited by Tony300S; Feb 28, 2019 at 12:25 pm Reason: Added Question / Seat Update
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:47 am

I may have missed it in the thread, but do seats reserved for elites in business open up to everyone at some point prior to the flight similar to the throne seats (I believe at T-48)? Or do those stay blocked?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:13 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by grant15
I may have missed it in the thread, but do seats reserved for elites in business open up to everyone at some point prior to the flight similar to the throne seats (I believe at T-48)? Or do those stay blocked?
Yes, they do, since the seats available for sale (the thrones) actually used to be the seats reserved for elites before they introduced the seats sale. The seats opening up at T-48 actually comes from there.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Had my ZRH-LHR flight tomorrow upgauged to an A321. Which is better, 12F or 25F (or D)? Currently 12D and E are taken, while 25 D and E are not, but I'm sure that will change. I like windows, but seatguru says 25F has no window, if so should I go with 25D over 12F?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:29 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Had my ZRH-LHR flight tomorrow upgauged to an A321. Which is better, 12F or 25F (or D)? Currently 12D and E are taken, while 25 D and E are not, but I'm sure that will change. I like windows, but seatguru says 25F has no window, if so should I go with 25D over 12F?
Row 25 is an exit row. 12F has no seat in front and plenty of leg room (and should have a window). I’d go for 12F.

https://www.swiss.com/uk/EN/fly/flee...s#t-page=pane3
dinoscool3 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Nick Art

Yes, they do, since the seats available for sale (the thrones) actually used to be the seats reserved for elites before they introduced the seats sale. The seats opening up at T-48 actually comes from there.
Is this also true for non-throne seats (e.g. 4D/4G on the 77W)? Based on datapoints I've seen, those are still unavailable for non-HON or *G.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile UA *G scores Seat 5B on LX 3 months out on a "P" Fare

I'm booked in "P" class as a UA *G (1K) on an LX Metal A330 but a UA Code Share ORD-ZRH and somehow got a preassigned seat assignment 3 months out in 5B. Anybody have experience with this seat on the LX A330 ? Are LX Seats more like LH or OS ? I have flown long haul J on LX A340's CAI-ZRH-CAI 10 years ago and seem to recall LX being quite good. I am also flying LX in P Class on a Bombardier CS300 in seat 3D. Looks like the same dimensions of a UA Economy Plus seat which is exponentially better than the 30 inch pitch of the LH birds used to service Cairo. Anyone's experiences in J Class on the LX CS300 are greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by linglingfool
Is this also true for non-throne seats (e.g. 4D/4G on the 77W)? Based on datapoints I've seen, those are still unavailable for non-HON or *G.
I don’t have experience of the 77W but on A330/340 the bulkhead seats such as row 4 are reserved for HON/SEN and become available to anyone T-48.
linglingfool likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by gpicur
I'm booked in "P" class as a UA *G (1K) on an LX Metal A330 but a UA Code Share ORD-ZRH and somehow got a preassigned seat assignment 3 months out in 5B. Anybody have experience with this seat on the LX A330 ? Are LX Seats more like LH or OS ? I have flown long haul J on LX A340's CAI-ZRH-CAI 10 years ago and seem to recall LX being quite good. I am also flying LX in P Class on a Bombardier CS300 in seat 3D. Looks like the same dimensions of a UA Economy Plus seat which is exponentially better than the 30 inch pitch of the LH birds used to service Cairo. Anyone's experiences in J Class on the LX CS300 are greatly appreciated.
5B is in the small front cabin but you will almost certainly have someone sitting next to you. You would be better off in D or G. What you find in this post still remains true after so many years. You will also find general comments on business seats on the A330/340 in the same thread.

On the CS300 you’ll want to choose A or C if in Business as you will have two seats (A and C) to yourself.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: AA PLT
I don’t have experience of the 77W but on A330/340 the bulkhead seats such as row 4 are reserved for HON/SEN and become available to anyone T-48.
Thanks! Looking at backup plans, since someone on a wide-open flight snagged the seat next to mine in row 6 for my honeymoon while waiting for a second award to open, so trying to find another bulkhead as I value foot space.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by linglingfool
At least it used to be that way... But on all the flights I just checked on swiss.com they are still blocked even after T-48... Weird.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Nick Art
At least it used to be that way... But on all the flights I just checked on swiss.com they are still blocked even after T-48... Weird.
I had this for flights in Jan. However, phone agents were able to get us single non-throne seats even outside T-48.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dinoscool3

I had this for flights in Jan. However, phone agents were able to get us single non-throne seats even outside T-48.
Because half of the single non-throne seats are not reserved for Sen/HON.
Pic of the seatmap for the day after tomorrow of the 9 am ZRH to JFK flight:

It's within th eT-48 window and as you can see 4A is free to be assigned, while the Sen/HON reserved seats are not!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.