Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2019, 3:30 am

Hi,

I fly Swiss from JNB to ZRH in 1mt. Airplane was a a343 but now changed to 333.

I got a new seat assigned: 29A. Based on seatguru this is an average seat. It says you miss most of the window and the emergency door restricts your legroom
Any feedback?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:27 am

777 Biz Seats

Flying solo LAX-ZRH coming up in May on 777. Got assigned 4J. Even though it's a bulkhead in the mini cabin, not sure I want someone hopping over me all flight.

Aside from paying $200 to lock in a throne, or waiting at 48 hours for better options to open up, the only other available seats that would make sense are 15G or 16D.

Thoughts? Hold onto 4J or move into 15G or 16D for solo aisle access with no one hopping over me?

I've only flown the A340 in J, not the 777 on LX.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
It all depends on what is more important to you: actual footspace (bulkhead) or nobody having to climb over you (middle aisle seats).

For me, it would be footspace, hands down. On all LX planes, the difference is really massive.

Also consider it's an evening departure / night flight, so you (and your neighbour) might be asleep most of the time anyways.
Dhamal and MichielR like this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by Horteo
Hi,

I fly Swiss from JNB to ZRH in 1mt. Airplane was a a343 but now changed to 333.

I got a new seat assigned: 29A. Based on seatguru this is an average seat. It says you miss most of the window and the emergency door restricts your legroom
Any feedback?
Legroom is still fine. It's the equivalent from 30A you had on the A333 before.

Window indeed is missing, but it's a nightflight unless I'm mistaken, so you're not missing much. Maybe a few nice impressions during the landing. But I'd definitely not swap that for 29A (or 30A..)
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE
Flying ORD-ZUR on 773, with my wife and wanted to get feedback on 6DG in terms of noise and being near lav. Currently in 15A/B. Thanks!
zoechow likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: LXFF
Originally Posted by thefiverivers
Flying ORD-ZUR on 773, with my wife and wanted to get feedback on 6DG in terms of noise and being near lav. Currently in 15A/B. Thanks!
If you are in the front of the large J cabin, you will get more traffic from people going to the lav, that's for sure. I prefer either the small cabin (4 & 5) or further back in the large cabin.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:45 am

As a follow-up to my previous post, I was able to call in and book the seats I wanted for our upcoming flight with no problems. However, I'm a bit confused when I look at my booking online. While it shows my requested and paid for seats, the wording at the bottom says that choosing seats isn't an option for my flight. Looking at the list of conditions, the only one that seems to apply is our flight is LX8, but what do they mean by "LX8xxx"?
I'm not sure if I should call in again to confirm that I have the seats, or if I'm just misunderstanding something. Again, I appreciate any input.

General Conditions

The following conditions need to be met in order to make an online seat reservation at swiss.com:
  • Your flight will be operated on behalf of and by SWISS
  • Your flight is booked under a SWISS flight number (excluded: LX8xxx)
  • You are travelling SWISS Economy, and at least 20% of the seats are still available or you are travelling SWISS Business on a long-haul flight
  • You have not booked a special service such as travelling with pets, medical support etc.
  • Children must be over the age of 2
  • Your reservation is not part of a group booking (from a minimum of 10 people)
You can state your preference (window or aisle) on codeshare flights.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:57 am

LX 8xxx flights are Edelweiss flights.

Example: Edelweiss flight WK2 ZRH-LAS becomes LX 8002 when booked through SWISS.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:29 pm

You still get Lounge access as SEN when you book as WK flight (not code share LX!)
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:01 pm

Rene23 is booked on LX8, so no issues there (if all 6 pax in the booking would have lounge access while flying in Y, which I doubt).
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by goliath
LX 8xxx flights are Edelweiss flights.

Example: Edelweiss flight WK2 ZRH-LAS becomes LX 8002 when booked through SWISS.
Ah, okay thanks. So I'm still not sure why it says the option isn't available for our flight. I think I'll just let it ride and hope for the best. The seats are paid for, and shown as occupied, so fingers crossed.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:00 pm

Also on 777 to ZRH...

Out of SFO in J. When I booked there were only 4 'free', i.e. no extra charge' seats available. I opted for 16D. Overnight I will avoid most traffic, just from row 17 essentially, and have no one crawling over me to get to the aisle. Last time I flew LX J I was in the throne seat A330; also have flown Brussels Air and Austrian in their throne seats. My take is that they are too confining to comfortably sleep, also with the narrow foot-well. At least the center seats the armrest lowers. So far 9 throne seats remain available on my flight. Even if they open up for free I won't take one.

Originally Posted by canes310
Flying solo LAX-ZRH coming up in May on 777. Got assigned 4J. Even though it's a bulkhead in the mini cabin, not sure I want someone hopping over me all flight.

Aside from paying $200 to lock in a throne, or waiting at 48 hours for better options to open up, the only other available seats that would make sense are 15G or 16D.

Thoughts? Hold onto 4J or move into 15G or 16D for solo aisle access with no one hopping over me?

I've only flown the A340 in J, not the 777 on LX.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: Eurobonus EBG
Hi. I´m sure I have seen a post/link to a post where the J seats on the B777-300er was rated (which is closer to aisle, etc.). Can anyone help me with a link?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by MatthiasWagner
Hi. I´m sure I have seen a post/link to a post where the J seats on the B777-300er was rated (which is closer to aisle, etc.). Can anyone help me with a link?
Not sure if there is one, there is a link somewhere in another thread for the A333/A343. That’s less useful for the B77W.

For the B77W, as a rule of thumb the seatmap on the LX site (https://www.swiss.com/us/EN/fly/fleet/boeing) is a good indicator. The MMB seatmap is also a good indication, as it shows that the single “throne” seats (those that are not separated from the aisle or wall by an armrest, 4A, 5K, etc) as well as the “thrones” in a pair (4D, 5G, etc) are available for a fee. Add to that that the bulkhead seats (rows 4 and 6/7) have a larger footwell and that’s about what you need to know. The usual Seatguru “close to the lava” caution is not very relevant IMO.
MatthiasWagner likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
Seat 5b is in front of the bathroom/lavatory.. I had 5A and switched to 6G instead or 6k.. stay away from the bathroom as people concur like a sale event,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.