Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B777-300ERs to replace the A340 [rumour confirmed]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
JFK (A333) departs from E.
Thx. Assume D to E is easy to walk and don't need a car?
Old Jun 19, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
There is no way to walk to the E gates.

You can either take the Heidi train or go to FCL A and be driven to the E gates.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by goliath
There is no way to walk to the E gates.

You can either take the Heidi train or go to FCL A and be driven to the E gates.
Hmmm. Sounds like train may be fastest unless walk to A gates is quick one
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by anandrag
Hmmm. Sounds like train may be fastest unless walk to A gates is quick one
D to E, taking the Heidi train will be WAY faster than walking to the FCL A, requesting a car, waiting for it, taking it (most probably shared with some others), then at E Gates walking to lounge again etc.

Of course, unless you want to "maximize your experience"
Old Jun 19, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
D to E, taking the Heidi train will be WAY faster than walking to the FCL A, requesting a car, waiting for it, taking it (most probably shared with some others), then at E Gates walking to lounge again etc.

Of course, unless you want to "maximize your experience"
The extra passport control is the most cumbersome part.

From D to A you need to enter Schengen (NB some might require a visa to enter Schengen). If you take the F transfer, you will leave Schengen again by the special passport desk before you take the minivan, that is not a hassle. There will be a 5-10 minute wait for the transfer, just enough time for a cup of coffee or something stronger at the bar.

The limo will drop you at elevators that go straight to the F lounge at the E gates, there is no walking involved anymore, so that is not an issue. [Before they opened the new lounges, the limo from FCL A would drop off pax at the middle of dock E, not at the gates.]

That said it is indeed more convenient if coming from D to just take the train to E. If arriving at A, then the lounge will often be the better choice.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 12:38 pm

90% of the time, there will be no queue immigrating into/out of Schengen.

If you're a Swiss National, or even Schengen national, passing it will be no hassle at all (if you ask any question, tell them "you visit the lounge") - it's simply much farther to walk/more time consuming to go to FCL A when you're coming from the D gates when going to E.

In fact, even when having regularely checked in at the F CI, going via the Heidi Train will be faster towards the E Gates in almost every case, unless it's about lunch time (12am), when there are several widebodies leaving E around the same time, there is hardly ever any queue and the train itself isn't full either - while you'll most probably have to wait quite a while for your car transport.

Also, keep in mind that taking the Heidi train is more environmental over taking a car transport, especially if you're riding it alone.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
HB-JNE on its way from PAE:
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: KF*G, Cathay Silver
the 777s will also replace the 340s in the SIN-ZRH route. However during the web-booking process, i noticed the following on different dates;

Sometimes LX 179 are Operated by SWISS GLOBAL AIR LINES, while on some days, they are operated by SWISS. I apologize if I'm not very clear about the LH/LX group, but are they essentially the same operator?

(or in other words, as far as mileage accrual in the *A group, are SWISS GLOBAL AIR, and SWISS the same operators and same member in *A?)

Apologies if this has been asked before; i cant seem to find the differences/similarity on their web.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by yewgene
the 777s will also replace the 340s in the SIN-ZRH route. However during the web-booking process, i noticed the following on different dates;

Sometimes LX 179 are Operated by SWISS GLOBAL AIR LINES, while on some days, they are operated by SWISS. I apologize if I'm not very clear about the LH/LX group, but are they essentially the same operator?

(or in other words, as far as mileage accrual in the *A group, are SWISS GLOBAL AIR, and SWISS the same operators and same member in *A?)

Apologies if this has been asked before; i cant seem to find the differences/similarity on their web.
goliath and yuropflyer seem to have the answer
Old Jul 16, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by chris63
HB-JNA making the inaugural 777 fligh to BKK, tonight, LX180 ^
I flew the 77W in business class and I found the new J class seats more comfy than the ones in A340.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 10:11 am

LX 38 (ZRH-SFO) on A340?

deleted, posted separately.

Last edited by malgudi; Jul 17, 2016 at 7:09 pm
Old Jul 18, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by chris63
..Now it's returning as 181 & has to go back again as 180 with a huge delay, currently to 21.00
I cannot help to feel a certain degree of schadenfreude for what is happening to this flying abomination!
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:06 pm

Why?

Originally Posted by weero
I cannot help to feel a certain degree of schadenfreude for what is happening to this flying abomination!
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by malgudi
Why?
My empathy is with the Y pax ... the longer this monster gets delayed, the better for them.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:05 pm

Got the info that the 5 or 6 remaining A340 will be refurbished in all 3 classes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.