Wiki Posts
Search

B777-300ERs to replace the A340 [rumour confirmed]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 5:11 am
GmK

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
LX is well-known to be even more stiffy about paying compensation (or informating the pax about it, for a starter) than their mother LH.. (not that other airlines are actually much better about it..)

You can expect that if they'll eventually pay out compensation (if any) that will be to a low single digit number of pax..
Which is why I had them rebook me onto LH F instead - that fight for compensation with Swiss isn't something I want to repeat again.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by GmK
Which is why I had them rebook me onto LH F instead - that fight for compensation with Swiss isn't something I want to repeat again.
Well, good you took the initiative. LX's operations really became a bit too sloopy.. not that long ago, their SEN callcenter in BSL was really outstanding.. when anything went wrong, I really felt in safe hands, and compensation (not EU261, but voluntary one) was handed in great manner.

Unfortunately, some years ago, processes started and since then LX joined the race to the bottom. Their newest advertisement is just matching to it.. "cheese is a full meal"... (I hardly can wait for the next enhancement )
Old Aug 9, 2016, 7:49 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
LX is well-known to be even more stiffy about paying compensation (or informating the pax about it, for a starter) than their mother LH.. (not that other airlines are actually much better about it..)

You can expect that if they'll eventually pay out compensation (if any) that will be to a low single digit number of pax..
Really makes you think some additional (possibly criminal) laws are needed that require airlines to be proactive about EU261 compensation. Probably best handled on a national level.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 7:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The EU regulations have been lacking on enforcement.... and that's because it is done at a national level. And most nations don't care or protect the airlines.

Addaptations were proposed, but those have seem to gone the way of the dodo. So what we have now is something ridiculous.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by RTW1
The EU regulations have been lacking on enforcement.... and that's because it is done at a national level. And most nations don't care or protect the airlines.

Addaptations were proposed, but those have seem to gone the way of the dodo. So what we have now is something ridiculous.
Well, Switzerland is the country where it's easiest to get national laws changed, or put in place...
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's not some much the law/regulations that are the problem (the EU has provided those, and they have been tested) but it's that each nation has to determine a local enforcement autority. And they either don't or pick an autority that is close to the airlines.

Leaving consumers little choice to have a fight on their hands or use some tacky middle men.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
More 777 delays today.

ZRH-BKK being oprated by JNC, after it returns from BKK, delay from 1750 to 2045
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:11 am

Not yet Germ.. I mean Eurowings-level of delaydness, but we're getting there
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, M&M Senator, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I really think I have to avoid LX longhaul at the moment - totally unreliable
Old Aug 9, 2016, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
LX139 on JNF HKG-ZRH 4 hour delay tonight, horrible

Unhappy clients to whom I recommended LX
Old Aug 9, 2016, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by chris63

This one because LX138 HB-JNA went tech on Monday and got cancelled.
Replacement HB-JNF as LX7138 flew on Tuesday morning.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by chris63

Was the CX flight (same schedule) not offered?
Old Sep 3, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: LX SEN
SWISS CEO Thomas Kluehr confirmed in the Handelszeitung that all LX longhaul will get WiFi and that the remaining A340 get an updated cabin similar to the 777. Not sure if Eco and Business gets changed or just First. The changes should happen over the next 2 years.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 1:14 pm

According to the info I got, all 3 classes will be refurb...

Last edited by PetzLUX; Sep 3, 2016 at 1:47 pm
Old Sep 3, 2016, 5:05 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Have now flown LX40 on the new bird in F twice. Very nice plane; overall my favorite F experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.