Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B777-300ERs to replace the A340 [rumour confirmed]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
I hear rumors that LX is reconsidering the 777 deployment on the BKK route in favor of SIN.
Can anyone comment on that?
Say you have booked an inflexible coach fare on the A340 to SIN and LX downgrades the route to the Cripple7 ... do you have any recourse as a passenger not to be put on a product you haven't purchased?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by weero
Say you have booked an inflexible coach fare on the A340 to SIN and LX downgrades the route to the Cripple7 ... do you have any recourse as a passenger not to be put on a product you haven't purchased?
No. You purchased coach, you get coach. Same product IN LX´s world. (Same as when, flying C, they downgrade the A330 to TLV to an A321... )
Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:56 am

LX will claim you get a better product ( ) and charge you an extra 200€ for the convenience
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
LX will claim you get a better product ( ) and charge you an extra 200€ for the convenience
Well as long as that means that I bail our from the experience any interpretation is fine with me ....
Old Apr 8, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Great news for all except the Y flyers: The 777 bird will start to fly to SIN eff Sept 2nd day 357 from ZRH 😃. Good to have the new bird on my main destination.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:51 am

Good to know. The gap in Y between SQ and LX will be even bigger now.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Good to know. The gap in Y between SQ and LX will be even bigger now.
With no PE in between....
Great news for all except the Y flyers..
I.e. the vast majority of the people on board.

I am frankly surprised that a Swiss company dares to publicly ride such a blatant antisocial image. Cohesion was always a big thing in CH and it won't help LX and ZRH if they ever plan on getting added capacity again.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:49 am
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
...The 777 bird will start to fly to SIN eff Sept 2nd day 357 from ZRH 😃...
Nice to hear. SIN is also my main destination. Seems to be worth to book F again then.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 12:51 pm

I haven't flown the new bird yet but it looks like Business class will still be inferior to SQ's product. For F it's hard to compete against SQ's Suites but personally I have never been a big fan of those closed cabins anyway.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 3:39 pm

I was on SQ C last week. I still do not like that wide seat with the little space for my feet and sleeping in oblique. Food was OK, nothing special. Service very slow.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 2:49 am

I haven't flown the new bird yet but it looks like Business class will still be inferior to SQ's product. For F it's hard to compete against SQ's Suites but personally I have never been a big fan of those closed cabins anyway.
LX will fight it on price - they now have a product that is inferior from any class and angle on that route. That means that the Y cabin will be terrible squared - no space and it will attract all the backpackers and families on that route.

Or any other for that matter. Even US carriers look now mighty attractive compared to LX.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by PetzLUX
I was on SQ C last week. I still do not like that wide seat with the little space for my feet and sleeping in oblique. Food was OK, nothing special. Service very slow.
The key is to grab a bulkhead seat. There you have more space for your legs.
Service is not slow. But on daytime flights the service can indeed take a while. But when it comes to serving beverages SQ's service is so much quicker. I have the impression the crew/pax ratio is higher on SQ.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 7:44 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
Great news for all except the Y flyers: The 777 bird will start to fly to SIN eff Sept 2nd day 357 from ZRH 😃. Good to have the new bird on my main destination.
Even more reasons to fly SQ now!
Old Apr 11, 2016, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss
Even more reasons to fly SQ now!
For C flyers probably a minor difference.

But a 777 also isn't a match for a 380. So yes, SQ all the way.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
For C flyers probably a minor difference.

But a 777 also isn't a match for a 380. So yes, SQ all the way.
Or LH F A380

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.