Old May 8, 2015, 7:56 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
I dont enjoy flying LX anymore.
Originally Posted by behuman
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss

Is the Y seating confirmed?

10 abreast - we can not always want to pay less and get more (just joking).
Old May 8, 2015, 9:35 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss
I dont enjoy flying LX anymore.
Fly-Swiss , it was a stupid joke, I am sure they won't do this.
Old May 8, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by behuman
Fly-Swiss , it was a stupid joke, I am sure they won't do this.
Won't do what? The 10 abreast seating in Y? They have confirmed that months ago already...
Old May 10, 2015, 11:18 am

In comparison, just flew the new TK 777 300er. What a plane. Where to start? 3-3-3 still, instead of squeeze some more. Made for much more civilized flight. Toilets are really big. Can't believe it. You didnt feel like you cant move around in them. Must have cost them a row of seat to provide proper puup space. Food? Excellent.. and yes, we are talking Y here. But saving 40 Cents is probably worth for Hohmeister.. if I compare the eggs on TK (tasty. Nice. What I would expect in C) With those of LX (or LH) - inedible, just crap.. it says enough.

I also doubt that LX will get a half as decent IFE as on TK.. so, instead of decent 3-3-3 we get chicken houses, inainedible food, an acceptable IFE, and crews which are probably still as moody as before.. for double the fare than with TK.. eh.. I think I know where I will leave my money, thank you very much. .
Old May 10, 2015, 4:00 pm

Emirates B777 have 10 seats across in Y (3-4-3). It's not that bad.

6 A340 will soon get replaced then. But will they change the cabins in the remaining A340?

First and Business might need it.
Old May 11, 2015, 12:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LX will pretty much have the same cabin equipment as the OS 772 in C & Y. LX F will be an update, mainly because of the bad experience with the F seat fitted in the A330 some years ago. Those who participated in the LX F survey will have an inkling on what LX is looking at.
Old May 11, 2015, 1:16 am

Programs: M&M HON***
Originally Posted by benji2227

6 A340 will soon get replaced then. But will they change the cabins in the remaining A340?

LX purser told me that old F will not be refurbished on 340. Refurbishment had been on the agenda in 2012/13 but was then abandonned for cost cutting. No choice but to wait for the 777.
Old May 12, 2015, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by benji2227
Emirates B777 have 10 seats across in Y (3-4-3). It's not that bad.

Its doable, but imho the seat pitch is relatively generous (something I expect not on the LX 777.. after all, this is the speculation thread, isnt it? ) there, you get a great IFE, nice choice of drinks, good food etc. to keep your mind off. Plenty of things.. I can tell you from plenty of first hand experience (10 vs. 9 across.. AF, EK for example vs TK, SQ..) that 9 across beats 10 across massively in terms of space. just makes for a much more quiet cabin. On a day flight, 10 across isnt that bad if everything else is fine. But on a night flight, I prefer 9 across by miles..

Also, if they need to change some cabin class on the remaining A340s, it will be Y. The seats are falling apart, IFE is almost always troubling, no power ports, often trays are sticky, broken, its just like flying an airplane thats past its due in Y. In C, the seats are still fine, updated just some years ago (when was Y? same as F? 12 years ago or more?). In F, they have originally built a really, really good product. So good that actually many prefer the old F in the A340 over the new F in the A330. Sure, updating it wont hurt either. But the urgency of upgrades in the A340 regarding the quality/outdated product needs to be Y>F>>>>>>C
Old May 12, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
This is a friendly reminder to stay on topic and not to get personal. 4 posts have been deleted. Further violation of the FT rules will result in disciplinary action.

Have a nice day

totti
Moderator M&M forum

Last edited by totti; May 12, 2015 at 2:35 pm
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
Wow.

I just flew on a very very old A343 from GRU to ZRH.

While service and seats were ok, the age of the aircraft shows everywhere.

I have been mostly flying 77Ws, 788s and A380 and I could clearly feel how dry the cabin air felt. Huge difference.

The IFE and restrooms were also problematic, not to mention the very yellow-ish lights on the cabin.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:21 am

I guess you flew in one of the premium cabins.. imagine in Y..
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I guess you flew in one of the premium cabins.. imagine in Y..
Intriguingly, cabin air actually tends to be less dry in Y (irrespective of aircraft) since there are more humans per m3, contributing to air humidity with their breathing and perspiration.

The driest air can be found in F.

And yet, that has never discouraged me from aspiring to expose myself to such rarefied air.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Swiss: new first class, business class for Boeing 777-300ER

From the Australian Business Traveler.

Looking forward to the new plane. Rumors have it that the first destination to see the new bird will be GRU.
I am actually scheduled to fly GRU-ZRH early January...so I have a slight chance to be on the new plane maybe. Good thing also to see the plane on the SIN route. Maybe this can convince me to book more LX than SQ .
Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
From the Australian Business Traveler.

Looking forward to the new plane. Rumors have it that the first destination to see the new bird will be GRU.
I am actually scheduled to fly GRU-ZRH early January...so I have a slight chance to be on the new plane maybe. Good thing also to see the plane on the SIN route. Maybe this can convince me to book more LX than SQ .
Unfortunately the chance that you see the 77W to GRU in Jan is close to 0. The bird will first be phased in on a short route like DXB-MCT for training reasons. After some further 77W arrived they will start on their regular routes like GRU, SIN, SFO, etc.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:24 am

Programs: LX SEN
3 LX A340 for Edelweiss

CEO of Edelweiss announced that the leisure carrier will get 3 A340-300 from SWISS in 2017 to expand the fleet.

Currently WK operates 1 A333 und 1 A332 on the long haul side. A second A333 will join the fleet next year (already announced).

New destinations are likely to be in America and Asia. He mentionned Vietnam and the Philippines.

All three A340 will be refurbished (no F-Cl etc.).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.