B777-300ERs to replace the A340 [rumour confirmed]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 5:00 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
77W in LX colors, IT'S OFFICIAL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtlOGzw6UHE
Old Mar 14, 2013, 5:02 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Is the idea that they will eventually replace all 15 343s with 77Ws? Or will the balance be replaced by something else?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:38 am

are we expecting to see upgrades to current First or Business class seats on the 773ER?....
Old Mar 14, 2013, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The 77W on AC seats 42C/307Y in 9 abreast,
http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fleet/77W.html
The new one (three cabin config) have 10 abreast - 36/24/398 seats total. C is staggered as LX, so might be a better indication.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by divjan
are we expecting to see upgrades to current First or Business class seats on the 773ER?....
I doubt it. The current seats for LX/OS/SN and LH will be retained till 2019, when they come up with the common cabin concept.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:30 am

I am sure that we will see the reappearance of the dreadful middle seat in C-Class and the disappearance of the HON "Thrones". The Swiss 777 in SQ business class config would be a killer^
Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by Fendant
I am sure that we will see the reappearance of the dreadful middle seat in C-Class and the disappearance of the HON "Thrones". The Swiss 777 in SQ business class config would be a killer^
The current LX C seat is available in a 777 config, see how OS managed with it. LH group will not have the SQ C seat, it hogs space.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
the raked wingtips give it somehow a lot more graceful look than the plain wings. Really nice! ^ The sooner the better!
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by divjan
Yes the products will be more or less different to the current one. But LX will decide as late as possible to have the newest on-board product as possible (said CEO Mr. Hohmeister today).
I guess that C will stay the same (OS layout) but with larger screens and some other little improvements.
What I can imagine is that they might offer a more modern First product to compete with the many suites/new firsts from competitors. We will see.

And LX said their 77W will accomodate 330 seats. Hope it's going to be less.

Last edited by alinghi90; Mar 14, 2013 at 12:22 pm
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I suggest the mods delete "not to be taken seriously" from the thread title

2016 is still far off, although another 3-4-3 layout would be pretty bad, especially from LX, which tends to be perceived as the elite carrier of LH Group. I can but hope that I will have ceased flying in Y by then
Old Mar 14, 2013, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by alinghi90
Yes the products will be more or less different to the current one. But LX will decide as late as possible to have the newest on-board product as possible (said CEO Mr. Hohmeister today).
I guess that C will stay the same (OS layout) but with larger screens and some other little improvements.
What I can imagine is that they might offer a more modern First product to compete with the many suites/new firsts from competitors. We will see.

And LX said their 77W will accomodate 330 seats. Hope it's going to be less.
For First,
I hope
*we see 2 lavatories
*they make the table movable once it is laid out for a meal, I hate doing acrobatics in order to leave the seat
*find a screen protector that is more scratch resistant than the current one
Old Mar 14, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
I doubt it. The current seats for LX/OS/SN and LH will be retained till 2019, when they come up with the common cabin concept.
Are you serious about that? They could have started it already now, except for LH all the carriers of their group went for the same seat? What comes next, One product for all the group; as part of SCORE the worst and cheapest elements of all airlines within the LH group will be applied? Well LH has already started to adapt the saving on magazines mode of LX by carrying a smaller quantity of each magazine on the flights.

Anway, in 2016 the F and C product is also already 7 years old so at least some improvments should be done
Old Mar 15, 2013, 2:40 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Judging by how innovative the LH-group is,

My thoughts are:
the SN/OS/LX C-seat is to stay and be standardised across their (new) fleet
The LH new C-seat too (due to volume) to be standardised across the (new)LH fleet

LX a330 F to be installed in their new planes ( product concistency)
LH will keep F in new / excisting planes but will fill them with First saver plus /basic fares, to much trouble in having a subfleet of 747-400's C/Y, inflexability to deploy

Wasn't SCORE about synergies?
-LH daughters all the same type seat/lay-out: cost / maintenance advantage, customer will receive the same product, brand expectation managed

In plane-type perspective per airline a deccision on: market, range, availability and volume

Focus on: future promise of a solid and safe (german quality) consistent reliable hardware and software product. (at least nothing in the bling*catagory)

Last edited by HadesNL; Mar 15, 2013 at 2:52 am
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:13 am

You have serious cost advantages if you have the same Y in 100 longhaul aircraft, it minimises the MRO cost, especially on the spares end. Same goes for the galleys and other nice things like lavatories etc. Same cleaning equipment on the line checks etc. As far as the C seat is concerned, eveidently everyone is happy with the current LX/SN/OS/SN (and former bmi ) C seat, so why change?By the end of this year LH group will have about 47 (28-30LX, 10OS, 7SN) aircraft flying around with same C seat, thats more than 2000 seats, which are all on the same platform and have the same spares. Why make the picture more complex two years later?

The F seat that LX installed initially was a mechanical flop, so they definitely need to change vendors there, I suppose that has been solved now that the 343 refit has begun.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 5:54 am

The F seat that LX installed initially was a mechanical flop, so they definitely need to change vendors there, I suppose that has been solved now that the 343 refit has begun.
What do you mean with that? Are they refitting the A340 with new F?
W

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.