Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet again LX downgrade TLV aircraft [to A32S] in the last minute...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:09 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
OS is going to fly the VIE-TLV route with their 767 aircrafts.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Starting when? That probably belongs in the New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines thread
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by joshwex90
If they really have A343 going tech so often, I'd be scared to generally fly them. It happens too frequently. Clearly they have an underlying issue with their A343 fleet.
Yes, their underlying issue is that they would need another spare. It is as simple as that. Their is no hotspot of technical failures with Swiss' A343 fleet.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mamb0
Yes, their underlying issue is that they would need another spare. It is as simple as that. Their is no hotspot of technical failures with Swiss' A343 fleet.
'Twas tongue-in-cheek
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by awestphal
Just booked LX 256 to TLV in C for this coming Th. When should I start bracing for a A320?
Well the problem is very often the change is fairly last minute.

When it happened to me last time I was sitting in the ZRH lounge when I got a push message through from an app I use called "My Flights" basically telling me my booking has changed and when I opened the app it showed a change of aircraft...

Easier obviously if you’re doing TLV-ZRH as you would know in advance.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by szg
OS is going to fly the VIE-TLV route with their 767 aircrafts.
That's good news! They made a big fuss about introducing the 767 on the route and a few months later took it away...

I like the timing of the OS evening flight into TLV but refused to fly it since they downgraded back to an A320.

Anyway, where did you hear this??

Edit to add: Playing around with Expertflyer I see there is indeed a 767 scheduled on the route from April until October or so, but only on one of the two daily flights (and the wrong one too...) meaning they are going to offer two very very different Business class products on the route.

Last edited by clubman; Feb 13, 2012 at 10:34 am
Old Feb 13, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by clubman
That's good news! They made a big fuss about introducing the 767 on the route and a few months later took it away...

I like the timing of the OS evening flight into TLV but refused to fly it since they downgraded back to an A320.

Anyway, where did you hear this??

Edit to add: Playing around with Expertflyer I see there is indeed a 767 scheduled on the route from April until October or so, but only on one of the two daily flights (and the wrong one too...) meaning they are going to offer two very very different Business class products on the route.
VIE-TLV is very short.. less than 3 hours
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:07 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The OS 763 freed by cancelling DEL is now in use to THR and TLV in Summer 2012
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Houminer
VIE-TLV is very short.. less than 3 hours
Three and a half outbound, almost four inbound.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:35 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by gojko88
Three and a half outbound, almost four inbound.
The actual flight time from VIE to TLV is never over 3 hours...
Old Feb 14, 2012, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well the problem is very often the change is fairly last minute.

When it happened to me last time I was sitting in the ZRH lounge when I got a push message through from an app I use called "My Flights" basically telling me my booking has changed and when I opened the app it showed a change of aircraft...

Easier obviously if you’re doing TLV-ZRH as you would know in advance.
I keep checking flight status, but it doesn't show a plane. When I click on the flight number, it shows A330-300, but I think that's just the generic - I don't think that would update if there's a plane swap. How do I check online to see latest info on what plane they'll use?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:06 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
I keep checking flight status, but it doesn't show a plane. When I click on the flight number, it shows A330-300, but I think that's just the generic - I don't think that would update if there's a plane swap. How do I check online to see latest info on what plane they'll use?
For tomorrow morning's LX257, yeah?
It's currently scheduled to be operated by A330 HB-JHD.

Go to www.zurich-airport.com and if you search in the departure/arrival info for your Flight, and hover over the Flight number, it'll tell you the info they currently have about the planned Tail number. Tomorrow's info isn't loaded as yet (in fact, the arrival of LX257 is still listed as the default A340), but tonight's LX256 departure (which will be your Aircraft on it's return) is listed as a 333 [HB-JHD as mentioned]. You can keep monitoring that until departure time, I know I've previously seen 320 registrations appearing there around 5pm (Zurich time), but either way you should be able to confirm what the Tail Number will be by the time the Flight leaves ZRH.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:13 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
It works also with www.flightstats.com
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

How do I check online to see latest info on what plane they'll use?
Have you got an iPhone?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:46 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Have you got an iPhone?
I am not the OP, have an Iphone and am interested in the answer of your question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.