Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet again LX downgrade TLV aircraft [to A32S] in the last minute...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2012, 2:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tomsundstrom
It is true that aircraft changes happen all around the world. However in this case, it's not just an aircraft change to different equipment. It's a change to an entirely different product. When one pays for a business class product with proper lie-flat seats, and it is changed to what is basically an economy class product, one should expect some form of compensation and apology from Corporate, and at least a sympathetic ear from the lead customer-facing employee, i.e. the purser.
I agree 100 % ^
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: LX/LH SENATOR AF/KL FLYING BLUE GOLD
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
Why do you expect a apology from a purser for an AC change????

AC changes happen all around the world - .... happens all around the world...
+1
The purser has nothing to do with an aircraft change. As some other passengers may not have noticed the change (because they don't fly this route or this airline often or just don't care about flying on narrow bodies aircraft), he will certainly not point it out on the microphone!

If you want an apology try to write to Swiss customer services. You might receive something, but Swiss could argue that they flew you from Zurich to Tel Aviv, so basically for what you have paid for

I understand that you are frustrated (and I would be too!) to fly on a small aircraft but hey, it is only a 4 hours flight, I fully understand also that Swiss do not cancel a long range flight and take the aircraft meant for TLV to replace another one which went tech
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Have you bothered to read the thread at all?

It's not so much that the equipment changed but that due to that change the business seat that you paid for, and was promised, is now in essence replaced by an economy seat. And that does warrant an excuse and some compensation!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by milesfixed
+1
The purser has nothing to do with an aircraft change. As some other passengers may not have noticed the change (because they don't fly this route or this airline often or just don't care about flying on narrow bodies aircraft), he will certainly not point it out on the microphone!

If you want an apology try to write to Swiss customer services. You might receive something, but Swiss could argue that they flew you from Zurich to Tel Aviv, so basically for what you have paid for

I understand that you are frustrated (and I would be too!) to fly on a small aircraft but hey, it is only a 4 hours flight, I fully understand also that Swiss do not cancel a long range flight and take the aircraft meant for TLV to replace another one which went tech
As pointed out by RTW1 already, this is not simply and aircraft change say from an A321 to B737 or the like. It is a change of product and in this very specific case you do not get what you paid for. This situation is also not to be confused with an aircraft change where you are forced to sit in the old C seat which is not fully flat instead of the fancy new seat. While this is annoying, you at least get a proper C seat. But in the case of ZRH-TLV you will be stuck in the awful Eco seat while you paid for a real C product. This is totally misleading and really a pain.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 4:50 am

What I mainly criticize is the following attitude of the guy above:

Quote:
I asked the purser at the entrance if they are going to apologize for the change of plane...

Getting on the plane and immediately aggressing the purser with such a phrase. Even on his 1st flight on downgraded equipment his posting suggests he automatically expected an apology when getting on the plane.

AC changes happen OK. I would not be pleased too getting a NEK seat instead of the C seats in an A333 or A343, but I would never have the idea to aggress the purser for that. This is something to clarify with customer service.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 5:07 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
What I mainly criticize is the following attitude of the guy above:

Quote:
I asked the purser at the entrance if they are going to apologize for the change of plane...

Getting on the plane and immediately aggressing the purser with such a phrase. Even on his 1st flight on downgraded equipment his posting suggests he automatically expected an apology when getting on the plane.

AC changes happen OK. I would not be pleased too getting a NEK seat instead of the C seats in an A333 or A343, but I would never have the idea to aggress the purser for that. This is something to clarify with customer service.
You have a valid point here and I, personally, would not ask the MdC for an apology either, but directly complain to LX afterwords. However, if the MdC indeed said in the end that it is very good if the OP does not fly LX again, than something is wrong with his attitude as well.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:11 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Maybe LX should simply cancel flights when no wide body is available.

That way nobody would complain about aircraft downgauges.

At least when LX downgauges to an A321 they get you to your destination...
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GVA
Maybe LX should simply cancel flights when no wide body is available.
Have you read the thread? Or do you really think it's OK for LX to charge a supplement for an (advertised) Business class seat that when flying is not available?
People are not complaining about the equipment change but about the fact that LX does this quite often on this route knowing that people are expecting, and have paid for, something different than they are getting.

An apology and compensation seems to me the decent thing to do. And not have an attitude that people should shut up or leave and be glad that LX is providing them a service.

A simple friendly apology as "we are sorry that due to a technical malfunction we aren't able to provide the business class service we normally offer, please write to out customer service department to receive the compensation you are due" would go a long way. Probably some people wouldn't even bother asking for any compensation. In other words, just remember who the customer really is.....

Stepping on the flight and demanding an apology might not be the nicest way to behave... but still the reaction should be professional. That's what you are paid for.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 4:50 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Originally Posted by Giora Mikenberg
This is becoming more of a tradition in Swiss:
On the 22/7 I was booked to fly from ZHR to TLV with my wife. I booked long in
advanced and checked a week before the plane type (340-300) to get an upgrade to business, using most of my miles for me and my wife. This was important since the plane should arrive at 3:30 and I had a long day of meetings starting at 9:00. The plane was a 320 from Edelweiss and no apologies were given or announced.
On 31/8, again the same story, while boarding the plane, I realize that it is not a 340-300 (as written in my ticket) but a 321. I asked the purser at the entrance if they are going to apologize for the change of plane; his answer was NO, THERE WILL BE NO APOLOGY BUT I CAN LEAVE THE PLANE IF I SO WISH. I must confess that I have never felt so insulted in my travel life (with more 100,000 miles/year since 1997). When leaving the plane, I told the chief purser that although I did not leave the plane, it will probably be my SWISS flight, his answer, in the presence of the captain was: VERY GOOD.
This should not represent Swiss traditional values but....
happening twice could be veeeery annoying....can understand why upset you.

i would definitly wont use my miles on LX TLV-ZRH J until this issue stops..
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by photographer2012
happening twice could be veeeery annoying....can understand why upset you.

i would definitly wont use my miles on LX TLV-ZRH J until this issue stops..
As long as an A32S aircraft has the range to fly ZRH-TLV there is always a chance to get stuck on one of these aircraft. If you are even more unlucky you will find yourself in one of those A320 with the lovely "NEK" seats that Lufthansa passengers will experienece daily on their flights to Tel Aviv as of end of October.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
ZRH-TLV: LX replacing one of the daily flights with an A320

At least for the summer schedule, it looks like the A320 is back on the route, operating the night flight (and the morning fight back from TLV)
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:39 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
I guess that LH and LX really want to help LY and TK.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Houminer
I guess that LH and LX really want to help LY and TK.
Some sales manager at BA just made their bonus for 2014.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by clubman
At least for the summer schedule, it looks like the A320 is back on the route, operating the night flight (and the morning fight back from TLV)
Had that "experience" two weeks ago... awful!
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I really just don't get the constant downgrades. LX is constantly full - why go down? (So was LH.) At least when BA downgraded, they increased frequency and put on a decent plane

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.