Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet again LX downgrade TLV aircraft [to A32S] in the last minute...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 4:47 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by matt in france
For tomorrow morning's LX257, yeah?
It's currently scheduled to be operated by A330 HB-JHD.

Go to www.zurich-airport.com and if you search in the departure/arrival info for your Flight, and hover over the Flight number, it'll tell you the info they currently have about the planned Tail number. Tomorrow's info isn't loaded as yet (in fact, the arrival of LX257 is still listed as the default A340), but tonight's LX256 departure (which will be your Aircraft on it's return) is listed as a 333 [HB-JHD as mentioned]. You can keep monitoring that until departure time, I know I've previously seen 320 registrations appearing there around 5pm (Zurich time), but either way you should be able to confirm what the Tail Number will be by the time the Flight leaves ZRH.
Thanks.
Had learned about the link earlier in this thread, but was unable to figure out where to see the plane type (hovering over the flight number to see further info - that's a new one for me;-). In any case, won't be able to do much about it apart from bracing for the (then) inevitable.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
All worked out - got the A333!

Originally Posted by geilux
It works also with www.flightstats.com
I used the above link, but thanks though.

Originally Posted by clubman
Have you got an iPhone?
No - have an Android
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by joshwex90
All worked out - got the A333!
^
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
So I was due to travel this evening on the 256 but ended up traveling to TLV yesterday due to a last minute schedule change (so ended up on BA) but haven't changed my flight on LX yet and just got a message on the iPhone app I use ('my flights') saying there has been a change...
So I think to myself here we go again, it's been changed from an A340 to an A320 again (thinking lucky I ain't on that flight after all...) but no! It's changed from an A340 to an A330...

I have to say that since I started this thread (and unrelated of course), LX seem to have been better about not swapping to S/H aircraft in the last minute (well that's my impression anyway, I've not been checking all the movements), and while it's no big deal if they swap from an A340 to and A330 (which seems to operate on the route regularly anyway), I do wonder if the change this evening is once again due to an A340 going tech?.

Last edited by clubman; Mar 29, 2012 at 12:47 am
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:05 am

So I was due to travel this evening on the 256 but ended up traveling to TLV yesterday due to a last minute schedule change (so ended up on BA) but haven't changed my flight on LX yet and just got a message on the iPhone app I use ('my flights') saying there has been a change...
So I think to myself here we go again, it's been changed from an A340 to an A320 again (thinking lucky I ain't on that flight after all...) but no! It's changed from an A340 to an A330...

I have to say that since I started this thread (and unrelated of course), LX seem to have been better about not swapping to S/H aircraft in the last minute (well that's my impression anyway, I've not been checking all the movements), and while it's no big deal if they swap from an A340 to and A330 (which seems to operate on the route regularly anyway), I do wonder if the change this evening is once again due to an A340 going tech?.
I was flying back last week in Swiss, and a fellow pax said that they had recently flown TLV-ZRH in business which was changed to 320 last minute. They asked to be moved into Economy and were given involuntary downgrade compensation of around EUR 1000 per person in cash, and given a row each in economy. So they didn't mind too much!

I have flown a few times recently ZRH-TLV on the night flight and haven't had any changes. I find it much more pleasant than flying via FRA on LH - better seats, much nicer at airport, less intrusive security.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:07 am

Programs: LX SEN

The situation is getting better because SWISS recieved two additional 330 this winter, however, I saw some changes on the ZRH-CAI route to 320 during the past weeks.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 2035
They asked to be moved into Economy and were given involuntary downgrade compensation of around EUR 1000 per person in cash,
I'm surprised the airline agreed to do that.

I find it much more pleasant than flying via FRA on LH - better seats, much nicer at airport, less intrusive security.
Absolutely.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was flying back last week in Swiss, and a fellow pax said that they had recently flown TLV-ZRH in business which was changed to 320 last minute. They asked to be moved into Economy and were given involuntary downgrade compensation of around EUR 1000 per person in cash, and given a row each in economy. So they didn't mind too much!
They asked to be moved, and subsequently were given INVOLUNTARY downgrade compensation?

I have flown a few times recently ZRH-TLV on the night flight and haven't had any changes. I find it much more pleasant than flying via FRA on LH - better seats, much nicer at airport, less intrusive security.
Absolutely better. Significantly better C class, and I like ZRH a lot. Benefit of FRA is the FCT
Old Mar 29, 2012, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Benefit of FRA is the FCT
Yes, but not really relevant when traveling C.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, but not really relevant when traveling C.
All the more so. I was saying IMO, the only real benefit of FRA would be the FCT. If in C, then LX is certainly preferable to LH, and in general, I like ZRH a lot more than FRA. (They also have cheaper taxes/fees which helps with mileage bookings.) Other benefit of LH is actually having F on the route.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Other benefit of LH is actually having F on the route.
Give me LX's hard product in C any day over LH's in F (old F which is what I bealive they fly on the route).
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Give me LX's hard product in C any day over LH's in F (old F which is what I bealive they fly on the route).
I've gotten the new product a bunch of times to FRA and MUC
Old Mar 30, 2012, 4:11 am

Other benefit of LH is actually having F on the route.
I was in business on TLV-ZRH a few weeks ago with my son, and we managed to snag two F seats at the gate. With LX we got the 333 F hard product at the price of business. With LH, you can't beat that!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RedChili
I was in business on TLV-ZRH a few weeks ago with my son, and we managed to snag two F seats at the gate. With LX we got the 333 F hard product at the price of business. With LH, you can't beat that!
While I've heard success stories, I have never managed to snag those seats. The closest I've gotten was being told once at the gate that they're reserved for HONs, and nothing they could do for me, and then refused by FA on board.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:30 am

While I've heard success stories, I have never managed to snag those seats. The closest I've gotten was being told once at the gate that they're reserved for HONs, and nothing they could do for me, and then refused by FA on board.
My experience is that since the move to new seats the F class seats are only avaiable to HON, unless the flight is overbooked in C. I have not managed to snag them as a SEN ticketted in C despite asking at gate.
Not really a biggie TBH, the C class seats are just fine.

When I was HON (last 4 years) I always got them - but I think that at the time SEN was also able to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.