Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet again LX downgrade TLV aircraft [to A32S] in the last minute...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: QF, UA, DL, AB
Originally Posted by tomsundstrom
When I think about future travel plans, which do take me to Israel and Europe periodically, I will definitely take this experience into consideration.
Exactly here as somebody who works in an area with direct customer contact I don't understand LX at all. While it makes perfect operational sense to perform the equipment swap it doesn't make business sense in the long term. The frequent swaps will eventually alienate those high-yield business pax who will start looking elsewhere. LX after all isn't the only European airline using widebodies to TLV.

The "I couldn't care less" attitude shown in their answer to those passengers who politely complained is the cherry on the cake of bad customer relations... If this goes on this way, LX will be able to schedule the 320 on the night service since J bookings will drop given the risk of equipment swaps.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
I think one of the main problems here is the lack of equipment at SWISS, they need to somehow aquire an extra A333 or A343 to that equipment going tech won't have much of an impact aide from a delay or an hour or 2.
when I flew SWISS in Economy in december to TLV i was lucky enough to get upgraded on ZRH-TLV-ZRH sectors, flights were LX-254 and LX-257, thankfully both flights were A340's but the gate agent did mention that with LX-256/7 it's really a hit and miss sometimes.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by SwissexLUG
LX after all isn't the only European airline using widebodies to TLV.
I believe LX, LH and BA are the only European airlines with scheduled daily widebody flights to TLV today. Naturally, LX isn't so afraid of losing passengers to LH, so BA is the only real alternative for someone who wants a proper business class from Europe to Israel.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Does LX still have the old 332 birds which they recently retired? I seem to recall somebody experiencing a 333->332 downgrade not too long ago.

While the C product is obviously outdated, the 332 would still be a much better substitute when any of the 333/343 goes mechnical.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 3:23 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Does LX still have the old 332 birds which they recently retired? I seem to recall somebody experiencing a 333->332 downgrade not too long ago.

While the C product is obviously outdated, the 332 would still be a much better substitute when any of the 333/343 goes mechnical.
All 332s are gone
Old Jan 21, 2012, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by RedChili
I believe LX, LH and BA are the only European airlines with scheduled daily widebody flights to TLV today. Naturally, LX isn't so afraid of losing passengers to LH, so BA is the only real alternative for someone who wants a proper business class from Europe to Israel.
I don't believe LX will be happy losing a customer no matter what carrier he/she will go to. Of course they will prefer the pax defecting to LH instead of BA, but in the end LX and LH are two separate legal entities of the same group. A defection from LX to LH will not change the group's results but will definitely change LX's (for the worse) and LH's (for the better). Therefore LX's interest should be to have the smallest possible number of passengers defecting to other carriers, LH included.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Originally Posted by SwissexLUG
I don't believe LX will be happy losing a customer no matter what carrier he/she will go to. Of course they will prefer the pax defecting to LH instead of BA, but in the end LX and LH are two separate legal entities of the same group. A defection from LX to LH will not change the group's results but will definitely change LX's (for the worse) and LH's (for the better). Therefore LX's interest should be to have the smallest possible number of passengers defecting to other carriers, LH included.
On top of which, El Al have proper C Seats (2x2 seating, 45" Pitch) on their 738s operating ZRH-TLV... (which are available as an LX codeshare, though as it's not *A Metal, there are no Miles to be collected by travelling on it)
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by matt in france
On top of which, El Al have proper C Seats (2x2 seating, 45" Pitch) on their 738s operating ZRH-TLV... (which are available as an LX codeshare, though as it's not *A Metal, there are no Miles to be collected by travelling on it)
I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall a special agreement where you can earn M&M award miles when flying LY ZRH-TLV booked as a LX codeshare or flying LY VIE-TLV booked as an OS codeshare. IIRC you need to send in the boarding passes and request manual mileage credit.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall a special agreement where you can earn M&M award miles when flying LY ZRH-TLV booked as a LX codeshare or flying LY VIE-TLV booked as an OS codeshare.
This codeshare dosen't exist anymore...
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Houminer
This codeshare dosen't exist anymore...
Are you sure? It´s still listed in various booking engines:

LX4220 ZRH-TLV operated by LY
LX4221 TLV-ZRH operated by LY
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:24 pm

Are you sure? It´s still listed in various booking engines:

LX4220 ZRH-TLV operated by LY
LX4221 TLV-ZRH operated by LY

of course the LX codeshare exists. The OS one doesn't.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 2:31 pm

of course the LX codeshare exists. The OS one doesn't.
And you will get miles in M&M. The LY-operated codeshares are clearly marked as mile-earning on the M&M website, although no status miles and status bonuses:

On selected LX code share flights within the ranges LX4220-LX4239, LX4270-LX4279, LX4600-LX4639 und LX8000-LX8499 you are earning award miles only. Status miles, HON Circle miles and Executive Bonus are not being granted on these flights
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by RedChili
so BA is the only real alternative for someone who wants a proper business class from Europe to Israel.
Not at all, LY operate a proper business class too.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 7:01 am

A330-300

I am looking for a flight for the end of Febuary and see that they have a A330-300.
can anyone confirm this?
whic C class do they have on this one?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
I am looking for a flight for the end of Febuary and see that they have a A330-300.
can anyone confirm this?
Not without you providing us with your date of travel, no.

The TLV route is scheduled to operate with an A340 (with the way too often downgrade to an A320 as per this thread) but if you let us know what date you're looking at we can check whether the flight happens to be scheduled with an A330 instead of A340.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.