Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet again LX downgrade TLV aircraft [to A32S] in the last minute...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2023, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by florens
BA use the terrible Recaro slimline seats on their Neos to destinations as far as AMM, which, from LHR, is even longer than LX ZRH-TLV.
I think the mother Lufthansa itself was taking the cake when it operated an A319 FRA to Pune (India) with a fuel stop in Baku in 2019.

Also BA A321neo has 220 seats vs. LX 215 seats.
I think overall, configurations are pretty comparable. I believe BA gained that space by removing galley space and toilets (or slimming down toilets).

Back on topic, I do agree that a A220 on ZRH-TLV is slightly better than an A320 series.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by ffgap
I think the mother Lufthansa itself was taking the cake when it operated an A319 FRA to Pune (India) with a fuel stop in Baku in 2019.

I think overall, configurations are pretty comparable. I believe BA gained that space by removing galley space and toilets (or slimming down toilets).

Back on topic, I do agree that a A220 on ZRH-TLV is slightly better than an A320 series.
Agreed that the comfort level is better on A220, but it's a significant capacity decrease. Consider that summer 2019 Swiss was operating 1 daily flight with B777 and the other with A330, to the current situation.

Now it's been announced that 1 weekly flight will be with A330, so maybe Swiss is looking to have a smaller plane for the night flight and larger plane for the day flight
https://passportnews.co.il/article/183702
Old Feb 8, 2023, 12:48 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by ffgap

These are the first "go" news on this Tread for a long time. A220 is more comfortable than A32S but as the type is scheduled daily on the night flight LX256/57 suggests less demand on the route, which obviously makes sense when you provide passengers such a inferior product.
I really hope that LH Group will bring back long haul equipment at least for all flights of LX once staff and fleet capacity allows it if to minimize damage caused over the last years and have a chance to gain back marketshare lost.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 2:55 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I'm seeing that LX is operating an A330 on the dayflight LX252 as from 3rd of May if I'm not mistaken.
what happens with the F cabin on those flights? Restricted or first come first serve with J service?
Old Jan 25, 2024, 1:42 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by The Wolf
I'm seeing that LX is operating an A330 on the dayflight LX252 as from 3rd of May if I'm not mistaken.
what happens with the F cabin on those flights? Restricted or first come first serve with J service?
HON and passengers that hold a first class ticket and connect to that flight are entitled for the seats free of charge. Other C class passengers can get the seats for a fee. Since there is no F service on that flight you will get the same inferior C class Europe offering with a 1 tray service even in those seats + no more amenity kits or Nespresso coffee on that route either.
chris63, Houminer and The Wolf like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.