Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet again LX downgrade TLV aircraft [to A32S] in the last minute...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2019, 6:46 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by goliath
From today's LX newsletter:
Amen. Finally some clarity and at least this boring thread with 300 posts will finally come to an end.
cad-spe likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
They can fill twice daily a Triple 7 and there is a lot of cargo on this route as well, poor move from LH group. If SWISS would at least have a A321 that is configured for longer flights, no C Cabin and no proper galleys... At the time when LH did this move most of the premium traffic was flying via ZRH and everything stayes within the group, now these pasengers might get lost completely and will switch to BA or TK for instance.
cbourl likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 1:09 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
From today's LX newsletter:
Very dissappointing. They could fill the seats if they wanted to on tha 330s and 777s...
Originally Posted by behuman
Amen. Finally some clarity and at least this boring thread with 300 posts will finally come to an end.
Hah! Never! We still have the night flight to argue about
Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
Originally Posted by LXA350
They can fill twice daily a Triple 7 and there is a lot of cargo on this route as well, poor move from LH group. If SWISS would at least have a A321 that is configured for longer flights, no C Cabin and no proper galleys... At the time when LH did this move most of the premium traffic was flying via ZRH and everything stayes within the group, now these pasengers might get lost completely and will switch to BA or TK for instance.
If they have no problem at filling it, why do the often fly the A321 down to TLV then? Why would they change from the 777 to the A321 if they had no problem at filling it? Genuine question.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 3:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The cargo and seats argument doesn't really do it for sending a widebody there 2x daily. The westbound traffic is covered by the UA/AC JV partners and the night/early morning B77W flight.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mr.Potato
If they have no problem at filling it, why do the often fly the A321 down to TLV then? Why would they change from the 777 to the A321 if they had no problem at filling it? Genuine question.
Because LX does not have any spare longhaul planes. The TLV route is the first to get swapped for a narrowbody if one of the widebodies is late / has a technical issue.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 11:47 am

Because LX does not have any spare longhaul planes. The TLV route is the first to get swapped for a narrowbody if one of the widebodies is late / has a technical issue.
That is why the change won't add much certainty. The morning/night flight will continue to get occasional downgrades in addition to the seasonal downgrade of the daily flights..
Old Dec 20, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by dtbe
That is why the change won't add much certainty. The morning/night flight will continue to get occasional downgrades in addition to the seasonal downgrade of the daily flights..
It looks this time that LX will not dedicate at all a long haul aircraft to LX252/3 even if a spare aircraft is available. Assuming an A321 will be used with 10 rows of Business Class the capacity will be at 199 seats VS 236 seats on an A333 for instance, Since at least up to now, TLV was one of the routes with heaviest overbooking rates in the LX network, LX will need to also plan it's overbooking rate accordingly.

BTW: if you look at flights for Winter 2020/2021 it looks like LX will not be using any long haul equipment anymore at all on the ZRH-TLV route, both LX252/3 and 256/7 show now as A32S if you go on the LX website for bookings in Nov 20 for instance.

There must be still a other reason for the downgrade, I have a feeling a new route where this spare capacity will be used (existing or new) thst was not yet announced.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Do they have any plans to expand the fleet? I frequently connect on LX as connecting at ZRH is a breeze, and LX is a decent airline (even though I find their seats slightly narrow and hard).
I've already thrown out LH - don't wanna throw out LX also!
Too true in its entirety! Yeh threw away LH after the demise of the 340-600 from MUC and the 747 from FRA
Now it seems time to throw away LX BA maybe baby! Just noticed a flight booked in throne 4A in April from TLV has been swapped to an A321 4A Ugh even ElAl have better seats zu/von TLV!
Houminer likes this.

Last edited by cbourl; Dec 23, 2019 at 5:14 am Reason: Addition
Old Jan 17, 2020, 7:19 am

Programs: A3 Miles&Bonus Gold
A321 on LX252/LX253 ZRH-TLV-ZRH in summer schedule 2020?

I just booked some tickets to TLV and I noticed that the aircraft planned on LX252/253 has been changed from A330-300 to A321.

Why is that?

I found it surprising that LX 256/LX 257 is still on A330-300 in the summer schedule, as my opinion is that it would make sense to utilize an A330-300 designated for LX256/LX257 on another overnight longhaul sector and an A321 could have used to serve LX256/LX257 instead of RON at ZRH not earning any revenue.

Would that mean that the catering for these sectors (LX252/LX253( would be different as I assume that A321 doesn't contain any ovens?
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:59 pm

There is an announcement about the change mentioned in the other thread. Not sure about the meal service..
Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:08 pm

Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Africodagga
I just booked some tickets to TLV and I noticed that the aircraft planned on LX252/253 has been changed from A330-300 to A321.

Why is that?

Noooooooo, not another TLV thread with people unhappy about the equipment. Just chose another carrier please. Getting seriously allergic about this eternal now doubled thread.

In South America there are many long routes with narrow bodies and TLV is just not so important to LX.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by behuman
Noooooooo, not another TLV thread with people unhappy about the equipment. Just chose another carrier please. Getting seriously allergic about this eternal now doubled thread.

In South America there are many long routes with narrow bodies and TLV is just not so important to LX.
I need to disapoint you here, TLV is a key destination for LH Group it also has one of the highest number of SEN and HON ratios outside of it's home markets. With this move LH Group, who at least offered on LX a Premium product (with the occasional downgrades) might loose some clientele to BA, TK, IB, AC, CX or UA.
When you buy a Business Class ticket, you don't want to end up in a Economy Seat with a empty middle seat on a 4 hours + flight, of which many passengers are connecting futher. If this thread doesn't interest you, no one forces you to read it.

Concerning the catering in Business Class o this route, which is nothing special (Europe catering) + the LX 253 catering loaded in TLV is even worse, the only thing making it justified to fly in Business Class is the seat. Hot meals will continue to be served in Business Class, but not in Economy Class due to limited Galley / ovens on the A32S fleet, since they were concipated to be used on short haul flights and not medium haul flights of 4 hours +.
Houminer likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by LXA350
I need to disapoint you here, TLV is a key destination for LH Group it also has one of the highest number of SEN and HON ratios outside of it's home markets. .
Thank you very much for the heads up, you should indeed vote with your wallet and choose another carrier.

I am also upset about the lack of wide body quality offer within South America, it is a pain indeed and no alternatives there :-(.

Just the whining thread getting boring. It is as it is. LH group does not serve TLV correctly, period ! A (wrong) marketing decision.

Last edited by behuman; Jan 20, 2020 at 2:04 pm Reason: not to upset fellow FTalkers appreciating the Arab world and its airlines
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
This is a friendly reminder to stick to the FT rules, that is do not get personal, do not discuss politics and do not use racial or other stereotypes that could offend other members.

Have a nice day
totti
co-moderator M&M forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.