Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet again LX downgrade TLV aircraft [to A32S] in the last minute...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH looked at fitting a recliner C product in some 83t MTOW A321 recently, that project has been shelved again.

LX instead is looking at squeezing more than the 219 pax they already load into an A321 with the new space flex cabin. The LH group deparately needs a 250-300 seater aircraft on the regional routes with 3-4 hour missions. Sadly the A300 were phased out in 2009/10.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH looked at fitting a recliner C product in some 83t MTOW A321 recently, that project has been shelved again.
That’s such a shame. BA is in such a dreadfully sorry state that I can’t help but think if there was an even slightly premium option to take some LHR connecting traffic there would definitely be takers - let alone for the longer routes like TLV.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by oliver2002

LX instead is looking at squeezing more than the 219 pax they already load into an A321 with the new space flex cabin. The LH group deparately needs a 250-300 seater aircraft on the regional routes with 3-4 hour missions. Sadly the A300 were phased out in 2009/10.
they could use the A350 that is in this range of seats you mention.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
Operating long haul aircraft on short / medium haul routes is supposedly not economical, especially in a long haul configuration. Hence using a B787 or A350 with a all Economy cabin and a small C cabin with recliner seats might make sense. If I remember correct LH used to operate it's floghts out of MUC and FRA to TLV until 2012 execlusively on long haul equipment B744, A346, A343 and A333's and had good loads in C and F, however claimed that it was not economical operating such aircraft on that route which probably on top has one of the highest HON traffic in the groups network, of which many switched to LX which of course also brings occasional disapointment with downgrades to A32S
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
I had a TLV r/t last week, with the very unattractive choice between LH A321 NEK, LX A321 slimline or BA B777 but with backtracking and a LHR transfer. Settled for Lufty in the end for the most convenient flight times. I survived 4 hours in NEK again.

If LX had had a widbody operating on the day the choice would have been a lot easier: an F seat plus the excellent HON arrival service are hard to beat.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by vantage03

That’s such a shame. BA is in such a dreadfully sorry state that I can’t help but think if there was an even slightly premium option to take some LHR connecting traffic there would definitely be takers - let alone for the longer routes like TLV.
what’s wrong with BA’s operation to TLV?
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why does TLV have so many HONs? Whats so special about it? Is it rich?
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:39 am

[Talking about TLV and business class seats, AZ (pending survival ) should soon get two A321NEO (former Primera Air) with dedicated business class cabin/seats and both TLV and SVO seem to be the most likely candidates to get the new aircraft on a regular basis (AZ has up to 5 daily flights to TLV so that would be a very welcome move). Whether that particular seat is any good, I have no clue. Apparently Aer Lingus is also making a similar move, I think Nick Art has already made mention of this].

G
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
[Talking about TLV and business class seats, AZ (pending survival ) should soon get two A321NEO (former Primera Air) with dedicated business class cabin/seats and both TLV and SVO seem to be the most likely candidates to get the new aircraft on a regular basis
That's interesting. AZ have some excellent biz fares Ex TLV too.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Just out of curiousity: Does LX offer the same food/drinks on the ZRH-TLV route regardless of whether the flight is operated by a narrowbody or widebody aircraft? (Or is catering also downgraded to some intra-European standard?)

On a related note: Is breakfast or lunch served on the 9.45a.m. ZRH-TLV flight?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Just out of curiousity: Does LX offer the same food/drinks on the ZRH-TLV route regardless of whether the flight is operated by a narrowbody or widebody aircraft? (Or is catering also downgraded to some intra-European standard?)

I was always served a meat meal ZRH-TLV no matter the plane type on the 9:45am (LX252 flight) = Lunch no breakfast be it in Biz or Y But its always a special meal so cant say if its the same for its non KSML meals. Doubt theyd serve lunch only to KSMLers. By the time they serve the meal its way past breakfast time
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by Jasper2009

If the flights LX252 or LX256 are operated by Airbus A32S the catering in Y is downgraded to a cold meal due to the reduced galley space. I am not sure if the planes are then catered for both inbound and outbound flights from ZRH, luckily only had the experience once on ZRH-TLV on the A32S To be fair it would be a advantage since the catering out of TLV, no matter if C or Y is just disgusting
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Originally Posted by LXA350
If the flights LX252 or LX256 are operated by Airbus A32S the catering in Y is downgraded to a cold meal due to the reduced galley space. I am not sure if the planes are then catered for both inbound and outbound flights from ZRH, luckily only had the experience once on ZRH-TLV on the A32S To be fair it would be a advantage since the catering out of TLV, no matter if C or Y is just disgusting
Weird, as on LH FRA-TLV A321 in Y you get a hot meal
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by photographer2012
Weird, as on LH FRA-TLV A321 in Y you get a hot meal
I think the LH A321's didn't yet removed half of their rear galley for even more seats, yet.. (and two tiny-tiny toilets..)
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:12 pm
Suspended

when I went to book my April trip yesterday as much as I love the 5am flight once I saw it was the dreaded 321 I switched to the 5PM flight and will use pts for a hotel for the night. Killing my knees last month was once too many. Via BRU was alot more although a better plane into EWR (777 vs 764), food alot better out of ZRH

UA was $1200 more for its non-stops

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.