Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet again LX downgrade TLV aircraft [to A32S] in the last minute...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by 2035
My experience is that since the move to new seats the F class seats are only avaiable to HON, unless the flight is overbooked in C. I have not managed to snag them as a SEN ticketted in C despite asking at gate.
Not really a biggie TBH, the C class seats are just fine.

When I was HON (last 4 years) I always got them - but I think that at the time SEN was also able to.
My friend used to be able to as *G just by asking the FA, but this was on the old seats. LX C is fine. But I would like to try LX F already - yet no F service to TLV and no F service (yet) to EWR. They currently serve EWR with all-Biz 738 (PrivatAir,) which I've been told to avoid. March 31, they are upgrading to A343, so hopefully will spend a bit of extra money in August, and do a trip in F
Old Mar 31, 2012, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by joshwex90
March 31, they are upgrading to A343, so hopefully will spend a bit of extra money in August, and do a trip in F
Not sure what you define as "a bit" but you're looking at at least double the fare of C (so give or take $3k-$4k over and above) and while how you spend your hard earnd cash is none of my concern, even if I could afford it I don't think I could justify that considering how good C is, plus bear in mind that a very large part of the F experience on LX is the food and considering your dietary restrictions you won't even get to enjoy that to the full (unless you're willing to pick out stuff from the menu you can eat, but I don't think that's the case here and correct me if I'm wrong of course...).

I love LX F and think it is the best out there (from what I've tried) but I (and most FTers I know) would not pay cash to fly F, though redeeming miles is a whole different story of course.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by clubman
Not sure what you define as "a bit" but you're looking at at least double the fare of C (so give or take $3k-$4k over and above) and while how you spend your hard earnd cash is none of my concern, even if I could afford it I don't think I could justify that considering how good C is, plus bear in mind that a very large part of the F experience on LX is the food and considering your dietary restrictions you won't even get to enjoy that to the full (unless you're willing to pick out stuff from the menu you can eat, but I don't think that's the case here and correct me if I'm wrong of course...).

I love LX F and think it is the best out there (from what I've tried) but I (and most FTers I know) would not pay cash to fly F, though redeeming miles is a whole different story of course.
I use the word "bit" colloquially. I would much more likely use miles to upgrade. I can't fathom using money. (But a nice trip with the girlfriend seems like a possibility. And her father, with whom I have a very good relationship with, has quite a number of SWUs, as he's HON, and he has no use for them (always flies F or C).) So that's another possibility.

Regarding the food - not to get into this too much here, but there are things that I would eat. Not meat, but perhaps other food (such as fish).
Old Aug 4, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
C on TLV-ZRH

hello everybody.

i have a question. i'm thinking of booking an award ticket with LX TLV-ZRH on C. (i wanted to get LH but they went narrow body in their routs to TLV)

i understood that sometimes LX downgrades the flight to A320\A321 from the A330/A340. how often does that happen? (i wont use my miles on C S/H)

do they offer some compensation to C passengers if that happens? (it's one thing paying 1500$ for L/H C...and another thing paying 1500$ for S/H C....)

Thank's!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
I think they are a little bit better now about these last minute aircraft changes to S/H, but I don't have specific data.

From experience it's a $250 voucher when this happens, but it's not automatic and you would have to write to complain first.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Originally Posted by clubman
I think they are a little bit better now about these last minute aircraft changes to S/H, but I don't have specific data.

From experience it's a $250 voucher when this happens, but it's not automatic and you would have to write to complain first.
Thanks

do they offer the 250$ even when tickets booked with miles?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 5:30 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
An extensive thread on the topic already exists here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...st-minute.html
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
If you book the afternoon flight to Zurich and the 9:45am ZRH-TLV you should be fine, LX254 which is the morning flight from ZRH carries a lot of connecting pax as well as a fair amount who are originating in Zurich.

Good luck and Nesiah Tova.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by photographer2012
do they offer the 250$ even when tickets booked with miles?
Yes.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:18 am

This is becoming more of a tradition in SWISS

This is becoming more of a tradition in Swiss:
On the 22/7 I was booked to fly from ZHR to TLV with my wife. I booked long in
advanced and checked a week before the plane type (340-300) to get an upgrade to business, using most of my miles for me and my wife. This was important since the plane should arrive at 3:30 and I had a long day of meetings starting at 9:00. The plane was a 320 from Edelweiss and no apologies were given or announced.
On 31/8, again the same story, while boarding the plane, I realize that it is not a 340-300 (as written in my ticket) but a 321. I asked the purser at the entrance if they are going to apologize for the change of plane; his answer was NO, THERE WILL BE NO APOLOGY BUT I CAN LEAVE THE PLANE IF I SO WISH. I must confess that I have never felt so insulted in my travel life (with more 100,000 miles/year since 1997). When leaving the plane, I told the chief purser that although I did not leave the plane, it will probably be my SWISS flight, his answer, in the presence of the captain was: VERY GOOD.
This should not represent Swiss traditional values but....
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
This is awful. I would contact customer service. Try to be as "objective" as possible in your email though and I would outline that the worst part of the journey was the behavior of the MdC and not the actual downgrade.

Originally Posted by Giora Mikenberg
This is becoming more of a tradition in Swiss:
On the 22/7 I was booked to fly from ZHR to TLV with my wife. I booked long in
advanced and checked a week before the plane type (340-300) to get an upgrade to business, using most of my miles for me and my wife. This was important since the plane should arrive at 3:30 and I had a long day of meetings starting at 9:00. The plane was a 320 from Edelweiss and no apologies were given or announced.
On 31/8, again the same story, while boarding the plane, I realize that it is not a 340-300 (as written in my ticket) but a 321. I asked the purser at the entrance if they are going to apologize for the change of plane; his answer was NO, THERE WILL BE NO APOLOGY BUT I CAN LEAVE THE PLANE IF I SO WISH. I must confess that I have never felt so insulted in my travel life (with more 100,000 miles/year since 1997). When leaving the plane, I told the chief purser that although I did not leave the plane, it will probably be my SWISS flight, his answer, in the presence of the captain was: VERY GOOD.
This should not represent Swiss traditional values but....
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I think both are equally insulting......you should at least get the compensation and an apology.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:44 pm

Why do you expect a apology from a purser for an AC change????

AC changes happen all around the world - .... happens all around the world...
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K
It is true that aircraft changes happen all around the world. However in this case, it's not just an aircraft change to different equipment. It's a change to an entirely different product. When one pays for a business class product with proper lie-flat seats, and it is changed to what is basically an economy class product, one should expect some form of compensation and apology from Corporate, and at least a sympathetic ear from the lead customer-facing employee, i.e. the purser.

BTW, as far as compensation, I got nothing when it happened to me, which while disappointing, was not totally unexpected since this was my first Swiss flight with no future bookings (and because of this experience, none planned). I have a friend to whom this happened, and even though he is responsible for a LARGE amount of booking on Swiss, was told basically to pound sand. Hopefully others will have greater success.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

If you read this thread you can see that compensation for the lack of a decent Business seat when equipment is swapped on this route is sometimes offered. But as with all compensation with LX you have to complain (loudly) to get it.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.