Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Hotel Pulitzer, Amsterdam 1999 - 2007 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Pulitzer, Amsterdam 1999 - 2007 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2004, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PremEx, were you there the last weekend in February?
Nope. Haven't been this year yet. Those pix were from one of our trips there last year.
Old May 3, 2004, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Quickie: Internet access at the Pulitzer

I am leaving for a six day working vacation tomorrow. When I booked, I figured that a 5* property that goes for $300+ a night would have high speed internet. But alas, after looking at the hotel specs, it says "dataport", the most useless word in the English language.

What is the Internet situation at this hotel? Will I be going to Internet cafes every day? (I need to connect my laptop, and this is not a good option).

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

-
Old May 3, 2004, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Shoot. As many times as I've stayed there, I've never had my laptop with me so I didn't notice what they have in the guestrooms.

However, in the lobby they do have a Business Center with 2 computers hooked up to I think hi-speed. And they may have ports where you can plug in, but I don't really know. There is a charge for use of the computers and internet.

Didn't notice any internet cafs in the area, but then again I wasn't looking for any. Hopefully someone else will have better answers for you.
Old May 3, 2004, 3:51 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't. European properties tend to be pretty "backward" when it comes to broadband. "Dataport" is a marketing term for "We have a special port on the side of our phone that you can easily plug your modem into".

Although in Amsterdam, you can find internet cafe/coffee shops. That makes it nice!
Old May 4, 2004, 1:18 am
cxn

I am at this hotel right now using T-Mobile Wireless Internet Access. It works.
Old May 4, 2004, 8:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thumbs down No wired/wireless high speed in rooms

In February the only T-mobile wireless access was in the lobby. If you are close to the lobby you will pick up a signal, otherwise it is cr*ppy dial up in the room. this is not a hotel I would use for business purposes, but I did have a nice stay for pleasure.
Old May 4, 2004, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by prncess674
In February the only T-mobile wireless access was in the lobby. If you are close to the lobby you will pick up a signal, otherwise it is cr*ppy dial up in the room.

Well, that will just have to do. I don't need it to be "always on", so the lobby will suffice. Thanks all.
Old May 4, 2004, 10:40 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
I was at the bar and had a strong T-Mobile wireless signal!
Old May 5, 2004, 6:06 am
cxn

It worked great in my room. I guess they keep adding sites.
Old May 5, 2004, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

notsosmart should be there by now, and I'm sure we'll hear how it worked out for them.
Old May 5, 2004, 1:06 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, LH Senator, UA Premier Executive, RG Diamante
I stayed there last March and had to go to the (what they call) Business Center, a very small room facing the reception with no privacy at all !
I connected my notebook only 15 minutes and it costed 14 Euros !!!!!
Hope you can access WiFi.
Old May 5, 2004, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PremEx
notsosmart should be there by now, and I'm sure we'll hear how it worked out for them.
Yes, we are here.

And I am writing from room 403 using my laptop connected wirelessly through T-mobile. 6.00EUR/hr or 24EUR/24hr.

Access is fast from up here. I'll have to move to an inner-courtyard room in two days - I'll report then as to the reach of the wireless network.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by notsosmart; May 5, 2004 at 8:23 pm
Old May 20, 2004, 12:19 am

Programs: Lifetime: UA Gold, AA Gold, & Marriott Titanium
I was there in feb. The meeting rooms have T-Mobile. The meeting rooms are located in the basement on the side of the hotel opposite the entrance. My guest room was over the meeting rooms -- a canal facing room on the ground floor. So ask for a room over the meeting rooms.
Old May 22, 2004, 8:09 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PP
Ozstamps told me there is a gigantic internet cafe in AMS - the largest he'd ever seen. Maybe EasyCafe? Of course I found this out after I got back. Ask the Concierge. I did not see any while I was scampering around (except for one in the red light district that looked sketchy).

Be sure and check if your US-based t-mobile account works in AMS. There is some extra code you have to add on (another thing I found out later). One guest had trouble logging on with his laptop.
Old May 22, 2004, 8:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by suzy1K
Ozstamps told me there is a gigantic internet cafe in AMS - the largest he'd ever seen. Maybe EasyCafe? Of course I found this out after I got back. Ask the Concierge. I did not see any while I was scampering around (except for one in the red light district that looked sketchy).

Be sure and check if your US-based t-mobile account works in AMS. There is some extra code you have to add on (another thing I found out later). One guest had trouble logging on with his laptop.
It is http://www.easyinternetcafe.com/

this is a HUGE cafe but be careful and mindful of your belongings. Lots of theft goes on here. Lots of smaller pubs offer internet access as well. I found one that was cheaper than the big cafe, they just said I had to buy atleast one drink an hour for the cheap rates. I would have bought the beer anyway so it was a bargain!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.