Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2016, 10:15 am

They will release the schedule on May 19th, according to their website. I don't think there is a custom app for this, but maybe just set a calendar reminder?
Old May 8, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
If you 'subscribe' to this Flyertalk thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...uidelines.html

you will receive email notification when anything is posted to the thread ( the are very few posts to this thread, so you will not get many ). There will be a post to this thread when the schedule opens up.
Old May 8, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
Future schedule update plans are posted at https://www.southwest.com/html/travel-tools/...
Not to put too fine a point on it, but...I believe what you meant to say is that the planned date for the next schedule update (only) is posted there.

I see that it currently says "We are currently accepting air reservations through November 4, 2016. On May 19, 2016 we will open our schedule for sale through January 4, 2017. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

There's nothing there to indicate the dates of future schedule updates (beyond the next one coming May 19) - unless I'm missing it (quite possible, I'm pretty inexperienced with this airline).

In my case, I'm looking to book travel late January/early February 2017. The next expected schedule update only covers through January 4, so I'm looking beyond that to the next one.

I've heard speculation that that (next) update should be posted in July (that speculation was some time ago). Does that still seem like a likely target? Will they post a date for the subsequent schedule update once they do the May 19 update, or does it take them a while to commit to a date?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by nwflyboy; May 8, 2016 at 1:55 pm
Old May 8, 2016, 6:08 pm

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Not to put too fine a point on it, but...I believe what you meant to say is that the planned date for the next schedule update (only) is posted there.

I see that it currently says "We are currently accepting air reservations through November 4, 2016. On May 19, 2016 we will open our schedule for sale through January 4, 2017. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

There's nothing there to indicate the dates of future schedule updates (beyond the next one coming May 19) - unless I'm missing it (quite possible, I'm pretty inexperienced with this airline).

In my case, I'm looking to book travel late January/early February 2017. The next expected schedule update only covers through January 4, so I'm looking beyond that to the next one.

I've heard speculation that that (next) update should be posted in July (that speculation was some time ago). Does that still seem like a likely target? Will they post a date for the subsequent schedule update once they do the May 19 update, or does it take them a while to commit to a date?

Thanks for the help.
The next release date is usually posted right away. Last year they released the Jan 6 - Mar 8 dates on June 30th. I'd expect similar release schedules unless they have big expansion plans.
Old May 9, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by nwflyboy

Thanks for the help.
1) You are correct in that WN only posts one future schedule update at a time. Sorry if my post above was confusing - I probably should have been more clear.

2) To answer your question, IIRC that the planned date for being able to book beyond January 4th will be posted sometime on May 19th (i.e. the day that the booking window opens up to Jan. 4th); I'm not sure if it will be posted as soon as the window opens or if the new date is posted later in the day. However, this date often gets changed. The about-to-be-opened booking window was originally scheduled to open on June 2nd; that date was moved up to May 19th sometime in the last month or two. When the date to open a booking window is moved, my recollection is that it is usually pushed later by a week or two - having the date moved up (as it was for the upcoming window) is not as common (at least, not from the cases I remember). I would expect a date in the late June or early July time frame.
Old May 19, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Travel Tools has now been updated to read:

"We are currently accepting air reservations through January 4, 2017. On July 7, 2016 we will open our schedule for sale through March 7, 2017. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."
Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: Southwest Airlines, Marriot
When does the schedule get extended

Currently January 4th. When will it get extended?
Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Joel Blitzer
Currently January 4th. When will it get extended?
Welcome to FT Joel Blitzer!

Here is the relevant thread with your answer:
Old Jun 27, 2016, 6:37 am

Hoping for a n/s ROC-FLL . Even if they don't add this,I'll be booking BUF-FLL for my annual get out here vaca end of Feb..
Old Jul 6, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Any predictions for tomorrow?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
I don't see any new destinations
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:25 am

"We are currently accepting air reservations through March 8, 2017. On August 4, 2016 we will open our schedule for sale through April 24, 2017. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:57 pm

I'm waiting to see when they're going to announce the new MSP routes since 3 new gates are opening at Terminal 2 this fall so one would think Southwest would have some new routes with the extra gate(s) and would want to start selling some seats soon. Maybe with the next release since they only have an extra month that they are rolling out with an extra month and half of booking time.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by FindAWay

"We are currently accepting air reservations through March 8, 2017. On August 4, 2016 we will open our schedule for sale through April 24, 2017. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."
Only a month...and typically the Spring Break edition is one of the bigger ones, right?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Cue Scotty's new thread in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.