Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WN Asks Pax to Stop Recording BWI Ejection

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Would her liar (oops I meant lawyer) say anything different once the retainer is signed?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:21 pm

"I was a brown woman with a hoodie." Her exact words, according to an ABC news video.

Well, no one saw THAT one coming, did they?

Because, as I predicted, she will NOT prove (in a deposition, or in court), that she has a "life threatening allergy to dogs", so suddenly, she now alleges that she never made that allegation.

As I also said, it was disheartening that Southwest ever apologized for this sham.

Disney and Wal-Mart are well-known in the legal world for their vigorous defense of lawsuits. I hope Southwest does not cave in to this scammer.

This thread devolved many, many posts ago with debating the merits (or not) of allowing animals on board. That is not, nor has it EVER been the issue.
Rather, the sole issue is whether the Captain of this flight had the right to remove her from the plane, based on the facts as the crew understood them to be (a factual issue for the court). And, since it will be proven that the Captain DOES have that responsibility and right, then, therefore this "brown woman with a hoodie" disobeyed flight crew instructions. Bye Bye
NextTrip likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Amicus
"I was a brown woman with a hoodie." Her exact words, according to an ABC news video.

Well, no one saw THAT one coming, did they?

Because, as I predicted, she will NOT prove (in a deposition, or in court), that she has a "life threatening allergy to dogs", so suddenly, she now alleges that she never made that allegation.

As I also said, it was disheartening that Southwest ever apologized for this sham.

Disney and Wal-Mart are well-known in the legal world for their vigorous defense of lawsuits. I hope Southwest does not cave in to this scammer.

This thread devolved many, many posts ago with debating the merits (or not) of allowing animals on board. That is not, nor has it EVER been the issue.
Rather, the sole issue is whether the Captain of this flight had the right to remove her from the plane, based on the facts as the crew understood them to be (a factual issue for the court). And, since it will be proven that the Captain DOES have that responsibility and right, then, therefore this "brown woman with a hoodie" disobeyed flight crew instructions. Bye Bye
I really hope so too. This stuff is getting ridiculous and setting a precedence nowadays where passengers can do whatever they want and then sue. I honestly wish Southwest would go one further and try and do something like foot her with a bill for valuable time wasted by having to get her to leave the aircraft. They won't, especially from a PR standpoint, but I really wish they would. They need to back their employees who by all accounts followed the policy set forth, and stop letting passengers play this game.
NextTrip likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Amicus
...As I also said, it was disheartening that Southwest ever apologized for this sham...
They always apologize, whether they did anything or not. It's good PR.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
Originally Posted by SpinOn2
I really hope so too. This stuff is getting ridiculous and setting a precedence nowadays where passengers can do whatever they want and then sue. I honestly wish Southwest would go one further and try and do something like foot her with a bill for valuable time wasted by having to get her to leave the aircraft. They won't, especially from a PR standpoint, but I really wish they would. They need to back their employees who by all accounts followed the policy set forth, and stop letting passengers play this game.
Southwest should sue her. 99% of people will support it.

I don't believe in lifetime bans (unless you're violent or something like that). Just have her pay the cost of the delay and then she's welcome to buy another ticket. Perhaps next time she will think twice before pulling a stunt like that. Or least just leave the plane like a normal person.
joshua362 and NextTrip like this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by NextTrip
They always apologize, whether they did anything or not. It's good PR.
It is, but they usually don't. Not Southwest.

Southwest rarely publicly apologizes after passenger incidents. Of the incidents I can recall; Muslim passengers, other Muslim passengers, Arabic speaking student, gay family, 2nd gay family, lesbian kiss, delete the negative tweet father, crying woman and sister, skimpy skirt woman... there were no apologies.

The last apology I can remember was Kevin Smith.

While an apology doesn't mean an admission of guilt (especially one as carefully wordsmithed as in this incident), it is worth noting that it's a rare occurrence.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ursine1
While an apology doesn't mean an admission of guilt (especially one as carefully wordsmithed as in this incident), it is worth noting that it's a rare occurrence.
A headline is less risky than a viral video. Both times a Muslim was booted last year, no apology.

SWA:
Information available, collected at the time of the event, indicates that our employees followed proper procedures in response to this customer's actions while onboard the aircraft. Out of respect for the customer's privacy, we will not share specifics about her conduct or travel experience.

We are not in the business of removing passengers from flights without reason, our goal is to get each one of our Customers to their final destination safely. We are responsible for the comfort of all passengers and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
They freaked after the BWI video. Immediate "apologies to this Customer" and a heavy sigh dismay "at the way this situation unfolded and the Customer’s removal by local law enforcement officers."

A medical note requirement covering allergies does not appear on WNs website.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: LTP, PP
In these matters, I don't know why they adopt the "I don't care" attitude that has become prevalent in air travel today given the few choices one has today. People may like to take a holier-than-thou position when these things occasionally erupt but 99.9% are going to still fly whatever is convient and cheapest.
ToddSpam likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Amazing to me how accepting people can be of whatever story some aggrieved person wants to tell.

People do lie, you know. Like all the time.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
People do lie, you know. Like all the time.
And wearing a headscarf then asking to switch seats is a dead giveaway.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:27 am

Thankfully, corporations always tell the truth.
howahya likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thankfully, corporations always tell the truth.
Get her in court, run discovery on her medical records. See if she is "deathly allergic" to dogs. And does not bother to carry her own Epi-pen.

Hahaha
joshua362 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:26 am

Her story is that she never said any of those things, so they first would need to prove that she did.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by LegalTender
A medical note requirement covering allergies does not appear on WNs website.
The issue wasn't allergy, the issue was that she would die if a dog was on the plane (there were already 2) and she didn't carry any medications.

Considering how many "Fitness to fly" notes I've written in my day I do think they are a requirement.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Her story is that she never said any of those things, so they first would need to prove that she did.
Not sure exactly who has to "prove" what, actually.

4 people testify she said "X" and she says she said "Y." Good luck to her.

Incredible how people think that gigantic public corporations with 11-figure market caps are in business to discriminate against customers and to screw them. You know, just for the hell of it.

Because GK is in the KKK or something. Inane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.