Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt > Small Luxury Hotels (SLH)
Reload this Page >

Hyatt & Small Luxury Hotels Of The World Announce Partnership MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 59Impala
There is a Hyatt sub-forum for everything related to SLH, benefits, reviews, etc...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/small-luxury-hotels-slh-772/

would be nice if the forum would get a boost Cheers 59Impala

Paid stays are 10%+ cheaper if booked as an SLH member on its website. It, also, includes continental breakfast. (note from @59impala. I paid a 30% premium for The Plymouth Southbeach.) (antonius66 I observed 10-30% premiums for 2 hotels in Portugal over SLH direct, closer to 50% over OTAs)
A limited number of reviews of SLH properties may be found in the Other Hotel Chains Forum.
World of Hyatt members can earn 5 Base Points for every $1 USD spent on qualifying room rates and can redeem points for free nights at participating SLH hotels. It doesn't stop there, members can also enjoy exclusive in-hotel benefits when staying at a participating SLH hotel.
Complimentary continental breakfast for two
Complimentary Wi-Fi
Early check-in 12:00pm (based on availability at check-in)
Late check-out 2:00pm (based on availability at check-in)
One category room upgrade (based on availability at check-in)

Review Master Threads:
HGU New York: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1958701-hgu-new-york-slh-hotel.html
Byblos Art Hotel, Villa Amistà, Verona, Italy: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ing-hotel.html
SINA Centurion Palace - Venice, Italy - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...l#post31441012
Hotel Ranga - Iceland: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1984015-hotel-ranga-iceland-small-luxury-hotel.html#post31442837
137 PIllars House, Chiang Mai, Thailand https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...hiang-mai.html
1906 Lodge Coronado (San Diego), CA: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...sland-slh.html
137 Pillars Suites & Residences Bangkok, Thailand: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2007231-137-pillars-bangkok-small-luxury-hotel.html
Akyra Thonglor Bangkok, Thailand: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smal...er-thread.html
Opus XIV Bergen, Norway : https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-hotel-chains/1983274-hotel-opus-xvi-small-luxury-hotels-bergen-norway.html
Ambassador Zurich, Switzerland: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smal...er-thread.html
Inverlochy Castle, Scotland UK: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...-scotland.html
Cromlix, Scotland UK: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smal...-scotland.html
Print Wikipost

Hyatt & Small Luxury Hotels Of The World Announce Partnership MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2021, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by jtc246
I have seen actual Hyatt's that have rooms available but don't have them available for points(think a college game day Hyatt place as an example), so I'm sure it's even more common for a SLH property to limit their points room for the very reason mentioned above, they don't like the rate they will be paid for the points.
Good to know. There is a SLH property in Costa Rica that has no availability for the next year on points and many days with a base room available on cash. Hyatt Concierge confirmed no award nights available and said that the partnership does not seem to require that the SLH properties provide any award night availability.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Good to know. There is a SLH property in Costa Rica that has no availability for the next year on points and many days with a base room available on cash. Hyatt Concierge confirmed no award nights available and said that the partnership does not seem to require that the SLH properties provide any award night availability.
I was able to book the Tabacon SLH in Costa Rica using Hyatt points. Perhaps they've opted in now.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 9:59 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by jtc246
I have seen actual Hyatt's that have rooms available but don't have them available for points(think a college game day Hyatt place as an example), so I'm sure it's even more common for a SLH property to limit their points room for the very reason mentioned above, they don't like the rate they will be paid for the points.
Some of them are not worth the points, like 40,000 points, they deserve. I'm not sure if there is requirement from Hyatt to have some minimum number of rooms for redemptions. There should be IMO.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RedSun
Some of them are not worth the points, like 40,000 points, they deserve. I'm not sure if there is requirement from Hyatt to have some minimum number of rooms for redemptions. There should be IMO.
Have a European one booked at that rate this summer, but nightly cash rate is 1,000 EUR, so happy with the redemption value
jtc246 and RedSun like this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 5:45 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Have a European one booked at that rate this summer, but nightly cash rate is 1,000 EUR, so happy with the redemption value
From what I have seen, many of those at 40k pts have widely varying seasonal cash rates so they are good value of points for about 2 months of the year, and bad value for 10 months of the year.
jtc246 and RedSun like this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
We're interested in going to Mirror Lake Inn in upstate New York in the fall. The hotel has wide availability for our dates on their own web page but it says "not available" at all on Hyatt.com. I've seen that many times for some other properties but never really investigated b/c we always went with other choices. I understand that points/benefits are there only if we book through Hyatt.com. Any idea where these restrictions are coming from and if they will be relaxed at some point closer to the dates of interest? Or are there certain times/locations that are just never available at Hyatt.com? I've seen something similar with Trout Point Lodge in Nova Scotia. Thanks for your help!
Old Jun 13, 2021, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by outgoing
We're interested in going to Mirror Lake Inn in upstate New York in the fall. The hotel has wide availability for our dates on their own web page but it says "not available" at all on Hyatt.com. I've seen that many times for some other properties but never really investigated b/c we always went with other choices. I understand that points/benefits are there only if we book through Hyatt.com. Any idea where these restrictions are coming from and if they will be relaxed at some point closer to the dates of interest? Or are there certain times/locations that are just never available at Hyatt.com? I've seen something similar with Trout Point Lodge in Nova Scotia. Thanks for your help!
Booked the Mirror Lake Inn at the end of August last year and paid cash which was the only option. Booked way in advance this year (around February) for the end of August and was able to use points. I really think it all depends on demand and right now demand is very high for the Summer/Fall. I was told last summer at the hotel was the busiest they'd seen in 10 seasons, I'd anticipate this year to be even busier. One of the employees told me that the fall is the hotel's busiest season even more so than winter or summer.

Last edited by Tonyr4; Jun 13, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Old Jun 13, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
Originally Posted by Tonyr4
Booked the Mirror Lake Inn at the end of August last year and paid cash which was the only option. Booked way in advance this year (around February) for the end of August and was able to use points. I really think it all depends on demand and right now demand is very high for the Summer/Fall. I was told last summer at the hotel was the busiest they'd seen in 10 seasons, I'd anticipate this year to be even busier. One of the employees told me that the fall is the hotel's busiest season even more so than winter or summer.
That's good to know but I'm still a bit puzzled why they would sell rooms no problem via SLH and their web page but nothing via Hyatts web page. I wonder if this is glitch or they just have limited number of rooms uploaded to Hyatt. We don't want to use points and are fine with paying. I can see availability now but we'd like to go in October.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by outgoing
That's good to know but I'm still a bit puzzled why they would sell rooms no problem via SLH and their web page but nothing via Hyatts web page. I wonder if this is glitch or they just have limited number of rooms uploaded to Hyatt. We don't want to use points and are fine with paying. I can see availability now but we'd like to go in October.
The Mirror Lake Inn has to pay Hyatt a commission so they would obviously prefer a direct booking without Hyatt involved. The hotel also only allows their best rooms (suites) to be booked directly so keep that in mind, I thought the rooms accessed from the Hyatt site were fine though. In any event I would keep checking back from time to time to see if rooms pop up. The area and hotel are great btw, I'm looking forward to visiting again at the end of the summer.
outgoing likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I booked the Stein Eriksen Residences in Deer Valley over President's Week for 40k points per night the cash rate during that time was well over 2k per night. It ended up being a great redemption as well.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I am trying to book a night at the Chesterfield in Palm Beach. I can’t seem to book on the Hyatt website, but I can book directly on the Hotel’s website. Do they not allow Hyatt access to all of their inventory? I’m not looking necessarily to book on points, a cash rate would be just fine as well.

Would calling Hyatt help yield a different result?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by cfabar1
I am trying to book a night at the Chesterfield in Palm Beach. I can’t seem to book on the Hyatt website, but I can book directly on the Hotel’s website. Do they not allow Hyatt access to all of their inventory? I’m not looking necessarily to book on points, a cash rate would be just fine as well.

Would calling Hyatt help yield a different result?
As I mentioned earlier the hotel decides to put inventory up on the Hyatt website, it has nothing to do with Hyatt. If demand is high the SLH property will want direct bookings which bypasses a commission paid to Hyatt. Really nothing you can do except book way in advance.
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 11:15 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
But if you book direct with the Hotel, I assume, you do not get any WOH benefits/perks?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 12:09 pm

But if you book direct with the Hotel, I assume, you do not get any WOH benefits/perks?
That is correct.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Indeed. It’s generally a game of having to pay the SLH property a nightly premium to buy your way into WON benefits/perks at SLH hotels or not getting WOH benefits if paying the cheaper SLH property’s rate. From my perspective as a consumer, the valuable aspect of WOH’s relationship with SLH is from redeeming Hyatt points at SLH properties. From the perspective of people using OPM for stays without consideration to save money for their employer/client/partners/investors, it’s a different game.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.