Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Byblos Art Hotel, Villa Amista, outside Verona, Italy (Small Leading Hotel)

Old Jun 11, 19, 10:48 pm
Community Director
Original Poster

We had a one night stay at the Byblos Art Hotel after sightseeing in the historic heart of Verona. The city was heaving with tourists and it was a relief to escape to the countryside. I had spotted this hotel a couple months ago as bookable with Hyatt points. I had no idea what to expect but booked for 25K points/night. It proved to be fascinating, completely different than anywhere I've ever stayed, and a great choice.

Mr. Byblos has made a great deal of money making mens clothes. He has a passion for modern art and has an extensive collection. He wanted a way to display it, so bought a 16th century villa. He converted it into an 80 room hotel that showcases his collection. Think Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland motif. A lot of it is Andy Warhol pop art type. It's a complete contrast to the calm elegance of the villa and yet it works. There is art to see in every room including bedrooms. Our bedroom was large and comfortable.

Italian friends came to visit and we had a lovely time sitting on the terrace at the front of the hotel. Service was excellent and we had beverages and snacks delivered to us. Their 3 year old was endlessly fascinated with the art and had his mother walk him thru the property several times. Breakfast was included with the room and was excellent.

Pictures from the central area of the hotel

Look at the vivid hallway approaching our room

I loved this orchid on the grounds.

Even the slippers conveyed the sense of the property
Old Jun 12, 19, 5:54 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
Thanks for the review and definitely one to consider for the next trip to Italy.

Search this Thread