Wiki Posts
Search

The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by dubstyle311
Thanks for the tip, probably a good idea.

One other question I have for the group...any recommendations on louges at JFK, FRA, SIN, and MNL as a a J flyer only?

edit:

Actually it looks like my colleague is *G, so maybe that opens up some doors.
As a *G you can also use the Swiss lounge, located between VS Clubhouse and Oasis Lounge in JFK
Old Jan 11, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: LH, UA, SQ
Hey guys, first post here.

I'll be doing JFK to SIN on 25 next Sunday night in J. My one colleague is ticketed in the upper deck and right now im suck in the front down below. What do you guys think my best bet is to get my seat moved upstairs? I'd certainly rather be in the same cabin as my friend on such a long haul. I'm thinking just call up SQ and/or my firms travel office and see if anything opens up, maybe trying again on Saturday and when I check in.

Any tips would be nice though.
You said you are taking JFK-SIN right? It's possible that few seats on upper deck open but it's only up to FRA. When you get seat assignment, the agent will look for the seat that open for both segments of your flight, in order for you to have same seat all the way to SIN.
What you can do is to call SQ, and ask to put a note that you and your colleague are traveling together. Therefore the airport agents would be able to asign you seat next to each other.
When you check in at JFK, asked again... Check-in early so they have more time to work on your request.

One other question I have for the group...any recommendations on louges at JFK, FRA, SIN, and MNL as a a J flyer only?

edit:

Actually it looks like my colleague is *G, so maybe that opens up some doors.
JFK: As J pax, you are invited to Oasis Lounge (I think it's KLM/NW lounge). Never been there since I always get invited to VS Clubhouse. Yes, next to VS lounge is Swiss Lounge, which can be visited as a *G flyer. And yes, with C BP, you should be able to visit Swiss C lounge.

FRA: I believe it's LH Business Lounge. You have to go through security. So this may reduce the time to visit the lounge. May be even no time to visit the lounge.
There is LH Senator Lounge as well. But I don't remember who get invited there.

SIN: SQ 25 normally arrives at T3 and the flight to MNL departs from T2.
As a C pax (I assume you fly all the way to MNL in C) you can go to SKL C lounge. It's better to visit SKL at T3. It's pretty easy to head to T2 from T3 using skytrain. SKL at T2 is outdated IMHO.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Diamond Seats
FRA: I believe it's LH Business Lounge. You have to go through security. So this may reduce the time to visit the lounge. May be even no time to visit the lounge.
There is LH Senator Lounge as well. But I don't remember who get invited there.
The LH Senator Lounge is typically so crowded that it is not even worth going to- the business lounge near the gates where SQ typically departs is much less crowded so I would go there if you even have time.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
... next to VS lounge is Swiss Lounge, which can be visited as a *G flyer. And yes, with C BP, you should be able to visit Swiss C lounge.
I would recommend the LX JFK lounge... quite large and comfortable although food/drink offerings were a little spartan. We used it a few months ago even though we were on SQ25 in First, as the VS lounge was packed.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
We used it a few months ago even though we were on SQ25 in First, as the VS lounge was packed.
I know that before SQ flight, usually there is a VS flight. It looks packed usually, but you would find somewhere to seat. The VS Clubhouse is very nice. Good food and good service.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I know that before SQ flight, usually there is a VS flight. It looks packed usually, but you would find somewhere to seat. The VS Clubhouse is very nice. Good food and good service.
I think the problem that day was multiple VS departures, both scheduled and delayed. The LX lounge was much calmer.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by SFO777
I would recommend the LX JFK lounge... quite large and comfortable although food/drink offerings were a little spartan. We used it a few months ago even though we were on SQ25 in First, as the VS lounge was packed.
I arrived at the VSCH on 3 Jan 11 at 5pm and sat there until 8pm. There are pax but still plenty of seating available. The only problem I encountered that day was their wireless broadband was down Otherwise, the VSCH is great.

My preference is always VSCH, followed by LX. I do not like to use the Oasis lounge.

+1 ^
Old Jan 14, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: Krisflyer Solitaire, Miles & More Senator, Hilton Honors Diamond
Lounges in FRA

It has been a long time since I flew to JFK via FRA but the need to utilise the Amex voucher and savour the Sky Suite before it vanishes with the last 747s persuaded me to change from the usual EWR flight. Reading this thread suggests that the transit procedure in FRA has now become more tedious - does this mean that there is little or no time to have a shower in FRA before the next leg?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by occasionally flying professor
It has been a long time since I flew to JFK via FRA but the need to utilise the Amex voucher and savour the Sky Suite before it vanishes with the last 747s persuaded me to change from the usual EWR flight. Reading this thread suggests that the transit procedure in FRA has now become more tedious - does this mean that there is little or no time to have a shower in FRA before the next leg?
Even before the changes it was difficult to shower as the SEN/Business lounges always have a long wait for a shower at that time.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by rolov
Even before the changes it was difficult to shower as the SEN/Business lounges always have a long wait for a shower at that time.
its really been a long time since i took this flight - back then one could head up the United RCC and have a reasonable chance of a shower. can i take it that its no longer worth the effort given the long queues at Senator lounges?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by occasionally flying professor
its really been a long time since i took this flight - back then one could head up the United RCC and have a reasonable chance of a shower. can i take it that its no longer worth the effort given the long queues at Senator lounges?
I took the flight on 05Jan11 arriving late into FRA 06Jan11 morning. The flight took off late due to "missing pax" (eventually found) and de-icying the plane. Did not even bother to go to the lounge as there was just not enough time to walk there and back.

For the SQ26 SIN-FRA sector, I took the flight on 23Dec10, arriving FRA 24Dec10 morning.... the <new> senator lounge was pratically empty. I could count the number of pax with one hand. I went and took a shower, which is much better and spacious than the other older lounges.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by chrisksc
I took the flight on 05Jan11 arriving late into FRA 06Jan11 morning. The flight took off late due to "missing pax" (eventually found) and de-icying the plane. Did not even bother to go to the lounge as there was just not enough time to walk there and back.

For the SQ26 SIN-FRA sector, I took the flight on 23Dec10, arriving FRA 24Dec10 morning.... the <new> senator lounge was pratically empty. I could count the number of pax with one hand. I went and took a shower, which is much better and spacious than the other older lounges.
SQ 25 will get the gate at Terminal B, right? This is the time when may flights are departing from Terminal B. That's why the Senator Lounge will be busy.
And SQ26 will be at Terminal C. Thus, when you said "new" Senator Lounge, that must be the one at Terminal C, which is pretty empty that early time of the day (before 8am). One time I was in this Terminal C Senator Lounge around noon for my LH flight to the US, it was fully packed.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:15 pm

SQ 25 will get the gate at Terminal B, right? This is the time when may flights are departing from Terminal B. That's why the Senator Lounge will be busy.
And SQ26 will be at Terminal C. Thus, when you said "new" Senator Lounge, that must be the one at Terminal C, which is pretty empty that early time of the day (before 8am). One time I was in this Terminal C Senator Lounge around noon for my LH flight to the US, it was fully packed.
Thanks for the details. Sounds as if the JFK-FRA-SIN leg will be a less pleasant transit experience so I hope that the Virgin Clubhouse at JFK makes up for FRA. I have been thru the Terminal C Senator Lounge and agree that this is an improvement on those in Terminal B.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I flew SQ JFK-FRA-SIN on January 10-12 and my biggest complaint was that it is difficult to find the lounges at FRA. They're very poorly and inconsistently signposted; I was forced to waste time asking multiple employees.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I flew SQ JFK-FRA-SIN on January 10-12 and my biggest complaint was that it is difficult to find the lounges at FRA. They're very poorly and inconsistently signposted; I was forced to waste time asking multiple employees.
Have now done this round trip and agree that its a real pain to locate the lounges : SQ 26 was at gate c4 which is closer to B than to the C lounge (which was good when you got there); SQ25 is in the B terminal and you need a good sense of humor to find the Senator Lounge as the signage is bewildering. Nevertheless very glad to report that I got very much needed showers and even some emails done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.