Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unlock Status Credits without Flying

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2022, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by hclee01
For your first account, upon reaching membership renewal on 30 Nov 2022, it will be renewed for another year to 30 Nov 2023 based on the current scheme. The 50K elite miles that you have already earned for this current year will be auto credited back to your account after 30 Nov 2022. As such, the current elite miles earned can be used for renewal when it is due on 30 Nov 2023, in which this case, your membership will then be renewed till 30 Nov 2024.
I'm in exactly this situation. Read the SQ communication multiple times, but gave up as I never could understand what it was trying to say. This example suddenly made it all clear! Thank you hclee01 !
renila and hclee01 like this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA, KF
Quick question. I just transferred 200k points to SQ. I see the miles added to my account and I see more than 25k elite miles accrued but my status is still KF. I was expecting to get a Silver status after the transfer. Am I missing something? How long would it take for the elite status to be updated? Thank you.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by Stingyguy
Quick question. I just transferred 200k points to SQ. I see the miles added to my account and I see more than 25k elite miles accrued but my status is still KF. I was expecting to get a Silver status after the transfer. Am I missing something? How long would it take for the elite status to be updated? Thank you.
It is an overnight process for status to update.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by geclub1
It is an overnight process for status to update.
It did not update on mine. I guess I have to call.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 5:13 pm

So my situation is that i was KF Silver with an expiration date of 31st Jan 2022.
I transferred from Amex enough points to equal 250,000 Kris Flyer miles in early Jan 2022 and therefore was upgraded to Gold under the "Conversion of bank points to KrisFlyer miles promotion" with my KF Gold now showing as until 31st Jan 2023.

As i understand it under the recent announcement on status extensions i will be Gold until 31st Jan 2024.

If i transfer enough AMEX points before the 28th Feb 2022 to trigger the "Conversion of bank points to KrisFlyer miles" promotion again will these Elite Miles earned roll over on 31st Jan 2023 into my 2024 year and then mean i will have requalified and have KF gold until 31st Jan 2025?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by Stingyguy
Typically, it will take up to 2 days for the status to be updated. If you don't see it on the 3rd day, you can drop them an email to check.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by motef
So my situation is that i was KF Silver with an expiration date of 31st Jan 2022.
I transferred from Amex enough points to equal 250,000 Kris Flyer miles in early Jan 2022 and therefore was upgraded to Gold under the "Conversion of bank points to KrisFlyer miles promotion" with my KF Gold now showing as until 31st Jan 2023.

As i understand it under the recent announcement on status extensions i will be Gold until 31st Jan 2024.

If i transfer enough AMEX points before the 28th Feb 2022 to trigger the "Conversion of bank points to KrisFlyer miles" promotion again will these Elite Miles earned roll over on 31st Jan 2023 into my 2024 year and then mean i will have requalified and have KF gold until 31st Jan 2025?
If currently, your KF dashboard is showing that you need to clock 50,000 Elite Miles by 31 Jan 2023, you can go ahead to transfer enough miles to hit the 50K elite miles by 28 Feb 2022. Thereafter, your KF gold will be valid till 31 Jan 2025, with the current one-year status extension framework.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 1:42 pm

After calling KF, my Silver status is finally showing on my dashboard and also got a welcome email for Silver status. I'm about 600 Elite Miles to 50k and qualify for KF Gold. I recently got a status match from TAP Air Portugal to Star Alliance Gold but will be using KF Gold more for additional mileage accrual.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 1:33 am

Programs: QR Platinum / SQ Gold
This is a great offer. I just want to reconfirm if my understanding is correct. If I transfer 500K Citi Bank Points (Citibank Thailand) I will receive 250K SQ Miles which gives me 50K Elite Miles = SQ Gold / Star Gold membership. This status is valid for 1 year. If I transfer the miles in the next few days my status is valid till end of February 2023 or March 2023? I hope till February 2023 and due to current offer SQ will extend it another year. So my status would then expire in February 2024. Could someone confirm that my understanding is correct. Is there any option to have the status for longer or this is the best option as of now.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yenakad
This is a great offer. I just want to reconfirm if my understanding is correct. If I transfer 500K Citi Bank Points (Citibank Thailand) I will receive 250K SQ Miles which gives me 50K Elite Miles = SQ Gold / Star Gold membership. This status is valid for 1 year. If I transfer the miles in the next few days my status is valid till end of February 2023 or March 2023? I hope till February 2023 and due to current offer SQ will extend it another year. So my status would then expire in February 2024. Could someone confirm that my understanding is correct. Is there any option to have the status for longer or this is the best option as of now.
Not too sure how's your dashboard in your KF account looks like at this moment. I am assuming that you have zero elite miles in your KF accounts now and that you are KF basic member.

If so, once you transfer 250K miles into your account, the account should be updated to KF Elite Gold status within 2 ~ 3 days. It will show that your KF Elite Gold status will be due for renewal by 28 Feb 2023. Thereafter, if you transfer another 250K miles into your KF account, the dashboard will show that you have attained the renewal requirements for Gold Status and account will be renewed on 28 Feb 2023 (for another year till 28 Feb 2024). Given that currently, there is a one-year extension of elite status granted by SQ, on 28 Feb 2023, your account will be automatically be renewed for another year till 28 Feb 2024. The 50K elite miles that you have accrued for renewal will then be re-credited to account after 28 Feb 2023 and it will then be used to renew your Elite Gold status when it is due for renewal on 28 Feb 2024. Hence, your elite gold status will be good till 28 Feb 2025.

If you need a detailed understanding of the program mechanics, this article gives a good detailed overview:
https://mainlymiles.com/2022/02/01/l...-2024-or-2025/
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
I'm a bit confused about how the extension recently announced works and would be grateful for help understanding where I stand as far as status is concerned. In round numbers, starting from scratch I earned 20k elite miles in November 2021, the associated 3k bonus miles in December and 2k miles a few days ago, all from bank points transfers. So now I am silver as of this month. I have a flight in August which will earn 13k miles and another in December earning 13k miles. I think that I will miss out on gold by a few days as the 20k earned in November 2021 will drop out of the calculation (should have booked it a few days earlier!). Is that right?

Is there any chance SQ will give me an extension of a few days from the end of November (the flight leaves 1 December, arrives 2 December) as BA will?

If I don't earn any more miles, then silver will be renewed to Feb 2024 due to the status extension recently announced. Then the 26k miles earned in the year to Feb 2023 will be carried forward and will give me silver to Feb 2025. Is that correct?

Last edited by louie-m; Feb 16, 2022 at 3:55 pm Reason: Another question!
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by louie-m
I'm a bit confused about how the extension recently announced works and would be grateful for help understanding where I stand as far as status is concerned. In round numbers, starting from scratch I earned 20k elite miles in November 2021, the associated 3k bonus miles in December and 2k miles a few days ago, all from bank points transfers. So now I am silver as of this month. I have a flight in August which will earn 13k miles and another in December earning 13k miles. I think that I will miss out on gold by a few days as the 20k earned in November 2021 will drop out of the calculation (should have booked it a few days earlier!). Is that right?

Is there any chance SQ will give me an extension of a few days from the end of November (the flight leaves 1 December, arrives 2 December) as BA will?

If I don't earn any more miles, then silver will be renewed to Feb 2024 due to the status extension recently announced. Then the 26k miles earned in the year to Feb 2023 will be carried forward and will give me silver to Feb 2025. Is that correct?
You earned Silver in November 2021 and your status is good till end of November 2022.

The goodwill extension in March will extend your Silver to November 2023 and your Gold qualification is now 24 months from November 2021 to November 2023.

You don't need a grace period to make Gold. You will be automatically Gold after your flight in December 2022.

Enjoy!
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by Yenakad
Your understanding is correct. You have to transfer now (250K SQ Miles) and you will receive Gold till end of Feb 2023. SQ will extend in March to Feb 2024.

Once your Krisflyer account shows Gold you can try to transfer another 250K SQ Miles and you will keep Gold till end of February 2025. Important: Your second transfer must be reflected in your Krisflyer account by 28 February 2022.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:19 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by SMK77
You earned Silver in November 2021 and your status is good till end of November 2022.

The goodwill extension in March will extend your Silver to November 2023 and your Gold qualification is now 24 months from November 2021 to November 2023.

You don't need a grace period to make Gold. You will be automatically Gold after your flight in December 2022.

Enjoy!
I didn't earn silver until this month (tipped over 25k elite miles with 2k) so status good to the end of next February (I think so anyway). Does that change anything? If not, then good news, thank you.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 4:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SMK77
Your understanding is correct. You have to transfer now (250K SQ Miles) and you will receive Gold till end of Feb 2023. SQ will extend in March to Feb 2024.

Once your Krisflyer account shows Gold you can try to transfer another 250K SQ Miles and you will keep Gold till end of February 2025. Important: Your second transfer must be reflected in your Krisflyer account by 28 February 2022.
I was reading all the rules and couldn’t quite get my head round the one about rollover of elite miles. Is it correct that this only applies to those who earned them by flying (T&Cs mentions exclusion of those through status match and accelerator campaigns) so I guess the only way to extend to Feb 2025 (in my case) is by transferring more miles in ASAP?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.