FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unlock Status Credits without Flying
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2022, 1:47 am
hclee01

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by Yenakad
This is a great offer. I just want to reconfirm if my understanding is correct. If I transfer 500K Citi Bank Points (Citibank Thailand) I will receive 250K SQ Miles which gives me 50K Elite Miles = SQ Gold / Star Gold membership. This status is valid for 1 year. If I transfer the miles in the next few days my status is valid till end of February 2023 or March 2023? I hope till February 2023 and due to current offer SQ will extend it another year. So my status would then expire in February 2024. Could someone confirm that my understanding is correct. Is there any option to have the status for longer or this is the best option as of now.
Not too sure how's your dashboard in your KF account looks like at this moment. I am assuming that you have zero elite miles in your KF accounts now and that you are KF basic member.

If so, once you transfer 250K miles into your account, the account should be updated to KF Elite Gold status within 2 ~ 3 days. It will show that your KF Elite Gold status will be due for renewal by 28 Feb 2023. Thereafter, if you transfer another 250K miles into your KF account, the dashboard will show that you have attained the renewal requirements for Gold Status and account will be renewed on 28 Feb 2023 (for another year till 28 Feb 2024). Given that currently, there is a one-year extension of elite status granted by SQ, on 28 Feb 2023, your account will be automatically be renewed for another year till 28 Feb 2024. The 50K elite miles that you have accrued for renewal will then be re-credited to account after 28 Feb 2023 and it will then be used to renew your Elite Gold status when it is due for renewal on 28 Feb 2024. Hence, your elite gold status will be good till 28 Feb 2025.

If you need a detailed understanding of the program mechanics, this article gives a good detailed overview:
https://mainlymiles.com/2022/02/01/l...-2024-or-2025/