Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unlock Status Credits without Flying

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2022, 6:39 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Hi All, I have transferred approximately 235k miles and now silver status and my KF summary says I need 3k elite miles to get Gold, and I have until October 2022 to get them.

I have 3 flights on Virgin Australia and Lufthansa in March that will get me over those 3k elite miles according to the Singapore Airlines calculator, however, I wanted to know what is the best way to get gold now because of the status extension.

Is it better for me to buy Marriott points and transfer 15k or just wait till March. I guess my question is - is it really worth it getting the points by end of Feb? If I get Gold in March, will I get any status extension?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 8:37 pm

Programs: CX DM
HI all, I am late to the party here but am hoping to transfer from my Citibank Hong Kong credit card points to get to Gold status. I am conscious it is a Sunday today and tomorrow is the dealine of the 28th for the promotion. Has anyone had experience of making points transfers from Citi HK and have a sense of how long it would take? Do I miss the promotion completely if the points do not clear on Feb 28th? Thank you very much!
Old Feb 26, 2022, 8:40 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by SMK77
Write an e-mail to [email protected] and state that you received 50,000 Elite miles on 17 February but no Gold yet.
Thanks, this must have worked, never received a response but the status changed the next day.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by flyflyfar
HI all, I am late to the party here but am hoping to transfer from my Citibank Hong Kong credit card points to get to Gold status. I am conscious it is a Sunday today and tomorrow is the dealine of the 28th for the promotion. Has anyone had experience of making points transfers from Citi HK and have a sense of how long it would take? Do I miss the promotion completely if the points do not clear on Feb 28th? Thank you very much!
There are two threads (one old and one current) on how long points transfers into Krisflyer take (this is the old one). The only references to Citi HK I can find are 5+ years old and are either one or two days. I think you would be taking quite a gamble if you wouldn't otherwise be making a transfer now. Good luck if you do though.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
There are two threads (one old and one current) on how long points transfers into Krisflyer take (this is the old one). The only references to Citi HK I can find are 5+ years old and are either one or two days. I think you would be taking quite a gamble if you wouldn't otherwise be making a transfer now. Good luck if you do though.
Thank you Louie-M. I've rolled the dice and decided to go for it. Fingers crossed!
Old Feb 28, 2022, 5:46 am

The miles are in. Lightning fast transfer, and on a Sunday!
renila likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:33 am

I transferred Chase points yesterday and they did not make it in.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by mikewhyatt
I transferred Chase points yesterday and they did not make it in.
If my DP means anything, I initiated a Chase transfer on the 26th and the points transaction was completed yesterday. I thought I missed the deadline for the promo, but my account shows Krisflyer Gold. When I checked to see why, it seems as if SQ backdated the actual transaction to when I submitted my transfer request. It just took them several days for the elite miles to post. I can't say this will be uniformly applied, but there is hope.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:22 pm

Chase is incredibly slow compared to the other central currency transfers. No idea why.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:38 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I've just discovered this promotion...anyone know if it's being extended?
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
I've just discovered this promotion...anyone know if it's being extended?
There has been no news from SIA on this promotion. Not likely that they will be extending for now as they have just announced that they will automatically extend all elite KrisFlyer / PPS status expiring for the next 12 months (from Mar 2022 to Feb 2023) for another year.
HB7 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:16 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Those of us who took advantage of this promo got the one-year extensions. I was expecting my status to disappear with March starting but my account still shows this:

Membership Tier
Elite Gold
Tier expiry
Feb 2024

Correct expiry but card still shows Gold, same in the app. Is there usually a lag in statuses updating when the membership year turns over?

Also I liquidated a big pile of remaining miles to prevent those from disappearing, which I assume would happen the day the status goes away if it's already past the inactivity window.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Those of us who took advantage of this promo got the one-year extensions. I was expecting my status to disappear with March starting but my account still shows this:

Membership Tier
Elite Gold
Tier expiry
Feb 2024

Correct expiry but card still shows Gold, same in the app. Is there usually a lag in statuses updating when the membership year turns over?
Typically SQ takes up to a week or two to update the status. This is to give allowance for those passengers who may fly on 29th Feb on other Star Alliance airlines and may take up a week for the flight and elite miles to appear in KF account. My PPS status is also due for renewal in end Feb 2024 and it has yet to be renewed even though I have sufficient PPS value for renewal.
GoAmtrak likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:23 am
Original Poster

New Earn Elite KrisFlyer miles or PPS Value by spending in KrisShop, Kris+ and Pelago.
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...statuscredits/

From 5 March 2024 to 4 June 2024, besides earning status credits from flights, you can also earn PPS Value1 or Elite miles2 when you shop and dine with Kris+ in Singapore and Australia, when you get your latest gadgets or SIA-exclusive branded items through KrisShop, or engage in any of Pelago’s unique experiences globally.
Reveen likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:24 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by hclee01
Typically SQ takes up to a week or two to update the status. This is to give allowance for those passengers who may fly on 29th Feb on other Star Alliance airlines and may take up a week for the flight and elite miles to appear in KF account. My PPS status is also due for renewal in end Feb 2024 and it has yet to be renewed even though I have sufficient PPS value for renewal.
Thanks, very helpful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.