Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unlock Status Credits without Flying

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 9:44 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Originally Posted by hclee01
Assuming that your bank credit card is participating in this promotion and you are able to get the points credited to your account by 22 Nov 2021, you will earn bonus 15% miles, which will earn elite miles too, and that currently you have zero elite miles in your account at basic KF level.

As such, you will roughly need to credit 217,400 miles to your KF account. With the 15% miles thrown in, it will be around 250K miles credited to your account, which works up to 50K elite status miles.

Based on your credit card transfer rate of 1.6 points to 1 mile, you will need to transfer 347,840 points to earn 217,400 miles.
Thanks for the very detailed explanation. Yes my bank is Citi but the transfer ratio here in the Philippines is not equivalent to 1:1
I may have to think about this really hard as Krisflyer miles have fixed expiration date.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:27 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Just an fyi for Q/TPPS - the transfers will trigger PPS awards at the various thresholds. Maybe that was obvious to some...but I hadn't expected SQ to be so generous with this transfer offer! Unlocking PPS awards in addition to the 15% miles bonus makes this offer quite valuable for T/QPPS members.

Last edited by bpk6h; Nov 16, 2021 at 5:36 pm
Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by bpk6h
Just an fyi for Q/TPPS - the transfers will trigger PPS awards at the various thresholds. Maybe that was obvious to some...but I hadn't expected SQ to be so generous with this transfer offer! Unlocking PPS awards in addition to the 15% miles bonus makes this offer quite valuable for T/QPPS members.
Yes, indeed they will offer PPS awards under this campaign for PPS members (though this is excluded for KF elite members where the rewards are not given). I have some that will be expiring in April next year and wondering if SQ will be extending. If not, I will try to use it for an upcoming VTL flight, if I can travel.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
To get on the PPS treadmill - must spend min 25k, not counting mile transfer credits, right?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by pWei
To get on the PPS treadmill - must spend min 25k, not counting mile transfer credits, right?
Yes. this is correct for existing non-PPS member, Will need to earn status by flying business and first class.
pWei likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:04 pm

For a PPS member, in theory you could achieve a ~30% miles bonus with a 350,000 points transfer (at 1:1). This transfer would ultimately yield $40K PPS value and would correspondingly unlock the 50K miles redemption discount award. This would be a net gain of 100K miles (50K from 15% bonus + 50K redemption discount award) on a 350,000 transfer.
pWei likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 5:56 pm

Fyi - SQ updated the processing time on credits related to bonus miles.

"Due to additional processing time involved, the crediting of Status Credits (Elite Miles or PPS Values) on bonus miles earned from this Campaign will take place progressively from 23 December 2021. We apologise for any inconveniences caused."

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...nversion-2021/
Old Dec 18, 2021, 7:43 pm

Fyi - SQ updated the processing time on credits related to bonus miles.

"Due to additional processing time involved, the crediting of Status Credits (Elite Miles or PPS Values) on bonus miles earned from this Campaign will take place progressively from 23 December 2021. We apologise for any inconveniences caused."

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...nversion-2021/
At least that's clearer, as opposed to its preceding amendment "14 December 2021 or such other date as SIA may prescribe from time to time"
Old Dec 23, 2021, 9:32 pm

Wonder why it's so difficult to run a query. Might it be a commercial decision?
Old Dec 23, 2021, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by pWei
Wonder why it's so difficult to run a query. Might it be a commercial decision?
Fwiw, my bonus pps credit posted on the 23rd as well as associated threshold award.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 6:04 pm

Fwiw, my bonus pps credit posted on the 23rd as well as associated threshold award.
From where did you transfer? I did two transfers, both from Citibank, none of the elite miles from the miles bonus have credited yet.

There seems to be, anecdotally, from people who transferred from different programs that they got the elite miles for transfers from certain programs, but not yet for other programs.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
From where did you transfer? I did two transfers, both from Citibank, none of the elite miles from the miles bonus have credited yet.

There seems to be, anecdotally, from people who transferred from different programs that they got the elite miles for transfers from certain programs, but not yet for other programs.
​​​​​From Citi...the local SG Citi Premier Miles card.
​​​​​
Old Dec 24, 2021, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice

Nada for me as well.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
The promotion has been extend thru end of February?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
The promotion has been extend thru end of February?
The promotion original end date was till end Feb 2022. Hence, it is still the same for now.
renila likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.