Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unlock Status Credits without Flying

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:42 am

Has anyone tried ?

Originally Posted by CrashWire
I wonder if you'll be able to keep Gold for an additional year if you transfer another 250k miles.
just curious to see if anyone has attempted a second transfer to extend Gold for an additional year ?

I am a Krisflyer newbie - if your current Gold expires say in May 22 and you were to re-qualify in December 21 - does that mean your status is now December 21 for a year or would it mean the extension is for a year from the current May 22 status expiry ?

thank you for any information
Old Oct 27, 2021, 4:48 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Hi All, I'm fairly new to the Krisflyer program but was hoping for some help.

I have just transferred over 73k miles, which became 84k miles with the 15% bonus. I also saw that I got 16k elite miles posted.

Assuming now that I don't transfer any more points/miles to KF, however, between now and September 2022 I fly and earn 34k elite miles purely from travel, I will become gold, is that correct?
Old Oct 27, 2021, 9:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
just curious to see if anyone has attempted a second transfer to extend Gold for an additional year ?

I am a Krisflyer newbie - if your current Gold expires say in May 22 and you were to re-qualify in December 21 - does that mean your status is now December 21 for a year or would it mean the extension is for a year from the current May 22 status expiry ?

thank you for any information
A second transfer within your membership year does not get you a further extension of your status.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by HB7
Hi All, I'm fairly new to the Krisflyer program but was hoping for some help.

I have just transferred over 73k miles, which became 84k miles with the 15% bonus. I also saw that I got 16k elite miles posted.

Assuming now that I don't transfer any more points/miles to KF, however, between now and September 2022 I fly and earn 34k elite miles purely from travel, I will become gold, is that correct?
You will need to login to your SQ account to see what is your "qualification" cycle to get Elite status. For this example as the member is already an Elite Silver member, the re-qualification period for Silver status and the qualifying period for Gold status is different. In your case, if you have zero elite miles, by clocking 16K elite miles (in Nov 2021), the qualification cycle should start in Nov 2021. If you fly another 34K elite miles in Sep 2022, you will qualify as Elite Gold in Sep 2022 and your re-qualification cycle will start from Sep 2022 for 12 months. Hope this helps.

HB7 likes this.

Last edited by hclee01; Oct 27, 2021 at 10:23 pm
Old Oct 28, 2021, 1:10 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by hclee01
You will need to login to your SQ account to see what is your "qualification" cycle to get Elite status. For this example as the member is already an Elite Silver member, the re-qualification period for Silver status and the qualifying period for Gold status is different. In your case, if you have zero elite miles, by clocking 16K elite miles (in Nov 2021), the qualification cycle should start in Nov 2021. If you fly another 34K elite miles in Sep 2022, you will qualify as Elite Gold in Sep 2022 and your re-qualification cycle will start from Sep 2022 for 12 months. Hope this helps.

Awesome thanks for the info!
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:26 am

Does anyone know how long it takes to get gold status after transferring points? I transferred points last week (equivalent to 63K elite miles), but it shows me as silver, not gold. Did I do something wrong?

Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by Traveler56789
Does anyone know how long it takes to get gold status after transferring points? I transferred points last week (equivalent to 63K elite miles), but it shows me as silver, not gold. Did I do something wrong?

Can you check your miles statement to see when the "Unlock Credit Elite Miles" of 63K elite members are being posted? (I am assuming that you have transferred in one go of KF miles that are equivalent to 63K elites miles under this campaign). Looking at the picture, it appears that the elite miles are posted today. If it is posted today, in most times, the elite status will be updated the next working day.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by hclee01
Can you check your miles statement to see when the "Unlock Credit Elite Miles" of 63K elite members are being posted? (I am assuming that you have transferred in one go of KF miles that are equivalent to 63K elites miles under this campaign). Looking at the picture, it appears that the elite miles are posted today. If it is posted today, in most times, the elite status will be updated the next working day.
Thank you! I transferred half of them last Monday, and the remainder last Friday. The "Unlock Status Credits Campaign" shows up under my account with today's date. Hopefully the gold status will show up tomorrow. Thank you!
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Traveler56789
Thank you! I transferred half of them last Monday, and the remainder last Friday. The "Unlock Status Credits Campaign" shows up under my account with today's date. Hopefully the gold status will show up tomorrow. Thank you!
Then in this case, you can wait for a few hours more.. Once the system has run the End of Day Processing after midnight in SG, the elite status should then be updated. Congrats on your KF*G status.
renila, HB7 and Traveler56789 like this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 2:13 am

I'm planning to transfer 240k this month to take advantage of the 15% bonus and another 10k in February to trigger the Gold status. So I will have a full year of KF*G from 02/2022 since I don't plan on traveling in the next few months.
Will the 15% bonus also give you the elite miles?
Old Nov 3, 2021, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by markmho
I'm planning to transfer 240k this month to take advantage of the 15% bonus and another 10k in February to trigger the Gold status. So I will have a full year of KF*G from 02/2022 since I don't plan on traveling in the next few months.
From this article, it mention that you need to transfer 220K. So maybe you need to do some maths and transfer less than 220K this month.

https://mainlymiles.com/2021/10/28/s...it-card-miles/
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by markmho
Yes, it does. Under T&C, it may take up to a few weeks for the 15% bonus elite miles to be posted.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 4:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
I'm sorry, I posted this original message in the wrong thread

Originally Posted by sam_goh View Post
I just completed some transfers and received upgrade to Gold. My status now shows:
  • Earned: 0
  • Required: 50,000
    by 30 Nov 22
So this means that no further transfers (assuming a new promo) or flying until after Nov 2022 will have any effect on requalification?
And thanks to jjjohn who replied:
Your Gold status is till 30 Nov 2022. You need to earn 50,000 miles by 30 Nov 2022 to requalify if no more extension is given.
So does this mean I can transfer another 250K before 11/30/2022 and get Gold status till 11/30/2023?
Old Nov 9, 2021, 4:18 am

Does anyone know if this transfer will help extend PPS for another year? I currently have over 33k in Reserve Value, more than enough to go another PPS year for Nov 2021-2022. But I'm medically banned from flying for at least half of 2022, so it's likely I will lose status the following year. If the transfers are now recorded as current PPS Value, does that mean that SQ will just deduct whatever current PPS value I have, and then the Reserve Value can be well, reserved for another year?
Old Nov 9, 2021, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sam_goh
I'm sorry, I posted this original message in the wrong thread

And thanks to jjjohn who replied:

So does this mean I can transfer another 250K before 11/30/2022 and get Gold status till 11/30/2023?
Assuming if the unlock status miles credit campaign does not get extended after it finishes in end Feb 2022, you would need to transfer 250K and posted to your account by 29 Feb 2022 to get the elite miles to extend your gold status to 30 Nov 2023. After Feb 2022, you will need to fly 50K elite miles to renew your KF Gold Status.

If you are able to transfer credit card miles and get it posted by 22 Nov 2021, you will only need to transfer 220K miles (as the 15% bonus will be eligible for elite miles credit).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.