Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unlock Status Credits without Flying

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2021, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Unlock Status Credits without Flying

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...status-credits

Besides earning PPS Value and Elite miles from flights, you can now earn status credits on your everyday spend and activities. From 7 April 2021 to 28 February 2022, accumulate status credits as you shop, spend and convert partner reward points to KrisFlyer miles, to count towards your PPS Club or KrisFlyer Elite membership renewal that is due between March 2022 and February 2023, or to upgrade your membership status.

Whether you are spending on your KrisFlyer co-branded* credit or debit card, converting your bank reward points to KrisFlyer miles with one of our global bank partners, spending with one of our Kris+ partners in Singapore, or getting your latest gadgets or SIA-exclusive branded items through KrisShop.com, with more than 3,300 partners and merchants worldwide, earning KrisFlyer miles and unlocking status credits have never been easier.

Status credits earned will count towards the following:

Last edited by hclee01; Apr 8, 2021 at 12:49 am
Old Apr 7, 2021, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Saw this too. So basically if I transfer in enough Chase Ultimate Rewards to get 2x RT J class awards from the US to basically anywhere, I get *G status as well... And it looks like it might also qualify for some sort of rollover giving another year of *G status as well?
rufflesinc likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 11:01 pm

Programs: SQ KF, Marriott Bonvoy, GA Miles, QR Privilege
Somehow, the link on the first post is not working on my computer.
Just want to ask some clarification, that any miles received from participating credit cards now will be converting into both KF miles and Elite miles, instead of KF miles only?
Old Apr 7, 2021, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by aritrixa
Just want to ask some clarification, that any miles received from participating credit cards now will be converting into both KF miles and Elite miles, instead of KF miles only?
Yes, it looks like it, but there is a ratio. 1 elite mile for every 5 miles converted it looks like. So 250,000 miles converted from something like Chase becomes 50,000 elite miles
Old Apr 7, 2021, 11:20 pm

Programs: SQ KF, Marriott Bonvoy, GA Miles, QR Privilege
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Yes, it looks like it, but there is a ratio. 1 elite mile for every 5 miles converted it looks like. So 250,000 miles converted from something like Chase becomes 50,000 elite miles
Got it!
Thanks a lot.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by aritrixa
I have re-attached the link in the first post, you should be able to click on it to direct you to the page.Thanks.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 2:20 am

Seems almost too good to be true... given how many people have large balances of convertible CC points accrued. I would definitely use 250k within a year or so anyway.

I wonder what the chances are that too many people take them up on this offer and they finish the campaign early?
Old Apr 8, 2021, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stargold
Seems almost too good to be true... given how many people have large balances of convertible CC points accrued. I would definitely use 250k within a year or so anyway.

I wonder what the chances are that too many people take them up on this offer and they finish the campaign early?
I am wondering that too.. Cos it doesn’t make sense to accumulate now and upgrade your status now, given that flying is almost impossible for now. The 12-month elite status will start the moment the member is upgraded to the new level. So it will make more sense to transfer in early Feb 2022 and hence you can enjoy the new elite status till Feb 2023.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 1:31 pm

I wonder if you could transfer 250K for Gold, and later transfer another 250K for a second year of gold.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: UA*1K, BA Gold, SPG Platinum
This is a great way to get Star Gold status (lounge access) especially for people flying on United
Old Apr 11, 2021, 6:19 am

Do you have to transfer in 1 go? It seems not but just want to check.

Say I transfer 50K worth of miles today, then another 200K in Feb 2022, will one then get SQ Gold from Feb 2022 + 1 year from then?
Old Apr 16, 2021, 11:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by baclubflyer
Do you have to transfer in 1 go? It seems not but just want to check.

Say I transfer 50K worth of miles today, then another 200K in Feb 2022, will one then get SQ Gold from Feb 2022 + 1 year from then?
The offer says minimum 10k per transfer to count status miles, so your particular setup would be fine if they don't pull the campaign early.

I'm looking at this because my OZ status is expiring this month and between their relative lack of clarity in communication regarding status extensions and the whole KE merger, I'm looking at an alternative *A program and since I'm sitting on a decent stash of convertible points from elsewhere, this does look pretty attractive.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 12:22 am
Original Poster

I have transferred some miles from my Bank credit card (> 10,000 miles) as well as from non-bank partners (> 500 miles) and they have shown up in my KF account with the status miles tracked. So, if they do not end this promotion early, it is really a good way to retain / upgrade elite status with them.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 1:37 am

Could someone help me remember - does SQ reset the Elite miles counter when you qualify for Silver and then you have to do another 50k? Or is it just 50k within any 12 month period?

It occurred to me that one could just do 49k miles through CC transfers and then leave the 1000 miles to take a flight before the 12 months is up, which will start the status from that date.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stargold
Could someone help me remember - does SQ reset the Elite miles counter when you qualify for Silver and then you have to do another 50k? Or is it just 50k within any 12 month period?

It occurred to me that one could just do 49k miles through CC transfers and then leave the 1000 miles to take a flight before the 12 months is up, which will start the status from that date.
Nope, it doesn't reset. Once you hit Elite Silver, you just need to clock another 25K miles to get Elite Gold.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/e...-elite-silver/

All it takes is 25,000 Elite miles, earned within 12 consecutive months, to get to KrisFlyer Elite Silver. You will be upgraded as soon as you reach it* and your membership will last until the end of the 12th month.

Earn 25,000 Elite miles during this time and you’ll have Elite Silver for another year. If you earn at least 50,000 Elite miles within 12 months, you’ll go straight to KrisFlyer Elite Gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.