Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook Business Class Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: SPG, A3, SQ, AA, AV, QT, VA, LH, EK
Originally Posted by w_tanoto
I was not able to book the cook. They told me the flight I am in don't allow book the cook (SQ638/SQ637). That was both via online (no menu shown - only the standard veggie option like in Y booking) and telephone. Is it because my flights are too far in advance (June 2015)?
Too far away
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: Krisflyer
I had dim sum Sin-Zrh and it was beautiful. I tend to pick the lighter meals for which assists with better digestion.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: SQ, NH, OZ, GA
Originally Posted by csidler
Too far away
thx for the info. No wonder it did not came out. Last time I was in Business Class was in 2011. Totally forgot
Old Aug 4, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
I have multiple J flights on SQ booked for this Oct. I can see the BTC drop downs and after I select it and try to save it, it errors out. Been happening for the past few months and have been too lazy to call in my selections.

Anyone have any recommendations for EX-LAX & NRT?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:30 pm

Going to sit on Business Class for the first time on an award ticket next month ex SIN to HKG.

I am able to see the option for BTC, could anyone recommend me first BTC dish that I need to try on my first Business Class flight?

Edit, seems like the Lobster Thermidor would be the choice for me!

Last edited by Traflying; Aug 19, 2014 at 10:09 pm
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Has anyone tried these BTCs ex-FRA in F, and if they are any good?

-7oz Beef Fillet with cafe de Paris butter, baked potato with sour cream, roasted vegetables and grilled tomato

-Fillet of veal in Pommery mustard sauce, asparagus with wild mushrooms, and fettuccine

-Suckling pig with dark beer sauce, savoy cabbage and potato wedges

I wanted something other than the usual Lobster Thermidor, so perhaps something from the 3. Or anything else worth recommending.

How is their normal F menu ex-FRA?

I did a beef steak from BTC in J ex-FRA, and it was horrible. Too overcooked and rubbery. Wonder if F's will be better.

Hope someone can share their recommendations! Thanks!
Old Aug 24, 2014, 5:05 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Has the lobster thermidor gone backwards in quality or did they change the recipe?
Just had it today and the wife had it 2 days ago... and the sauce tasted totally weird compared to when we last had it 3 yrs ago (when it was slipper)...
Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS Club, BA Silver, Marriott Gold
Recommendations ex-ICN

Anyone have recommendations for BTC on SQ16 (ICN-SFO)?

Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:35 pm

would appreciate any recommendations for BTC in Suites SQ12 ex SIN
Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:12 am

Programs: SQ *G, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Le Accor Silver, Marriott Plat
Any recommendations for BTC ex-MEL ?

Seems like a really small selection.

• Chicken in macadamia nut crust with bush tomato coulis, roast vegetables, and new potatoes
  • Grilled beef in green peppercorn sauce with seasonal vegetables and gratin potatoes
  • Pan-fried barramundi in native pepper sauce with sautéed vegetables and fettuccine
  • Seared salmon escalope on a warm potato and French bean salad
  • Cantonese roast duck with vegetables and steamed rice
  • Indian lamb shank curry with spiced vegetables and basmati rice
  • Lamb loin in Thai green curry with Asian vegetables and steamed rice
  • Wok-fried rice with tender pieces of marinated chicken, egg, and spring onion

Leaning towards the Grilled beef but my other beef-meals turned up too tough. I've tried the Lamb shank before.

All recommendations greatly appreciated!
Old Dec 21, 2014, 2:37 am
Suspended

Not sure if it's just my luck .. Twice I tried the Boston lobster Thermidor btc both time it felt rubbery

Will probably avoid it next round
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:46 am

Has anyone tried the laksa ex-SIN?

I switched my BTC item to the Hanakoireki once. Regretted big time.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Originally Posted by itihm
would appreciate any recommendations for BTC in Suites SQ12 ex SIN
Hi there,

I had the "Wagyu Sirloin with Eringi Mushroom" on SQ12 from SIN-NRT. Was glad I BTC-ed as the non-kaiseki courses were underwhelming.

Meat was surprisingly good for beef at 30000 feet. Best of all - I had both the BTC main course and the kyo-kaiseki.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by landingpoint
Hi there,

I had the "Wagyu Sirloin with Eringi Mushroom" on SQ12 from SIN-NRT. Was glad I BTC-ed as the non-kaiseki courses were underwhelming.

Meat was surprisingly good for beef at 30000 feet. Best of all - I had both the BTC main course and the kyo-kaiseki.
awesome thanks.

the crew is cool with pax trying both the kyokaiseki and the BTC?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:54 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Chargrilled Soya-Flavoured Beef

SIN-BKK
A330 - Business Class
Feb 2, 2015

Choose "book the cook" on the 2-hour flight from SIN to BKK. I choose the Chargrilled Soya-Flavoured Beef option which was delicious. The beef was cooked medium-well and the beef was quite tender. It came with vegetables simmered in mirin and shimeiji mushroom rice. Some pics below:

I meant to post the entire menu that was offered if you didn't choose "book the cook" but lost it somewhere. "Book the cook" was definitely the better option in my opinion for this short flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.