Book the Cook Business Class Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:17 pm

Programs: IHG
Old Dec 30, 2013, 1:57 am

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Originally Posted by midnight
The picture below was taken 28 December 2013 on SQ970 SIN-BKK
My wife ordered Dim Sum and was looking forward to it but gave it a disappointing 5 out of 10.
I agree with the Dim Sum which was bad. CX really has a much better Dim Sum option.
I flew SIN-IST on the 22/12.

the Lobster was however good as always.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 2:00 am

Programs: SQ PPS, *A G
Originally Posted by soy
lamb shank is top class
Yeah, i love the lamb shank too. Indian style.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: UA/Premier 1K, Bonvoy/Titanium
Originally Posted by kohswisscheese
Just an update- a call to SQ confirms that for SQ970 in particular the BTC menu is limited to Breakfast options. No such issue on SQ972 and later SIN-BKK flights.
Another data point regarding early morning flights, SQ890 also features breakfast only BTC options so it seems to be strictly based on time despite HKG being a longer flight.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 11:00 pm

Programs: SQ *G, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Le Accor Silver, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by LAX888
I am also looking for recommendations on HKG-SIN for BTC. Lots of choices but nothing which really catches my eye.
I eventually chose:
Butabara shogayaki (pork with ginger BBQ sauce) served with Japanese seasonal vegetable rice and mixed vegetables.

I would say it is closely resembles a Yoshinoya rice bowl type of dish but replaced with pork. The pork was tender and the rice used was the sticky Japanese type of rice. I would give it a 7.5/10. ^
Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred
Book The Cook 1st Class/Suites Suggestions

Hi all, thank you for your informative contribution.

I'm booked on Suites Sg-HK and Sg-NYC
May I ask for your recommendation for BTC menu choices?

I'm more keen to try frm Western & Japanese section where the choices are plenty...

Anyone can comment on:

Boston Lobster Thermidor,
Pappardelle with Seafood,
Seared Black Cod Fillet 'à la Niçoise'
or
Wagyu Sirloin with Eringi Mushroom
Kyo-Kaiseki

Thank you for your comments

Have a great weekend ahead.

Asiange
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:10 pm

I'm thinking of flying Suites on SQ231, departing Singapore at 12:45am. Does anyone know whether the Book the Cook service is offered on this flight? The flight is about 7.5 hours.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Asiange

I'm more keen to try frm Western & Japanese section where the choices are plenty...

Anyone can comment on:

or
Kyo-Kaiseki

Asiange
Lobster Thermidor is often highly recommended and Kyo-Kaiseki is good if you can really appreciate Jap food - it is served with numerous courses!

Originally Posted by echa2949
I'm thinking of flying Suites on SQ231, departing Singapore at 12:45am. Does anyone know whether the Book the Cook service is offered on this flight? The flight is about 7.5 hours.
BTC is available on all flights ex-SIN except to KUL
Old Feb 20, 2014, 1:16 am

Programs: SQ *G, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Le Accor Silver, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Asiange

Anyone can comment on:

or
Kyo-Kaiseki

Asiange
Lobster Thermidor is really dependable.. No one really complains about it:

If you are adventurous and can take spicy food I highly recommend the Beef Rendang I really liked it:

For those doing MEL-SIN Stay away from the Lamb Curry was very dry and terrible.. or maybe bad re-heating skills..

For some having "Lo Hei" can be a nice surprise (or boring) as their appetizers during the Lunar New Year period:

aeroman380 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Do not order the Chicken stuffed with prosciutto ex-Haneda.

They had decided to use the leg instead of the breast, and while I have no problems with that, the leg meat turned out to be very fatty. Prosciutto was wrapped around the chicken, not stuffed and it was completely lacking in taste. Potatoes were undercooked and the sauce was watery and bland. Not rich and creamy like the description says.

My best suggestion ex-HND is to skip BTC altogether and go for the Japanese meal that is listed on the menu. I was foolish enough to turn it down in the last minute, but my seat neighbor ordered it and he said it was fantastic.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred
Thanks for the valuable info.

May I know if they serve different BTC menu between Suites and Business Class?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Silver
I'm on SQ 600 SIN-ICN in J in about three weeks. It gives the BTC option on line but when I try to submit an order it says "Sorry, we are unable to proceed with your request. Please contact your local Singapore Airlines office. " Is that because I booked through US Air or does that mean they don't offer BTC on our flight? I really don't feel like calling and sitting on hold but will if needed. What is the best number to call from L.A.?

Eidt: I just looked at my booking again and my BTC order is showing in there now. Not sure why I got that error message. Whatever, problem solved.

Last edited by LA_FadeAway; Mar 14, 2014 at 1:43 am
Old Mar 15, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
sushi

flying the 22th from SIN to Hongkong in first..on the book the cook is Sushi...how is that?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by eb777
flying the 22th from SIN to Hongkong in first..on the book the cook is Sushi...how is that?
If you're referring to the chirashi sushi, it's terrible. Had it on my NRT-SIN flight recently. The slices of fish were dry and wholly unappetising. You would've thought if there was one departure airport that they ought to get this dish right, it would be from Japan!

Even though the BTC website says it's served at room temperature, I think the cabin crew didn't leave it to "warm up" to room temperature, and felt like it just hopped out of the fridge straight on to the serving tray.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: SPG, A3, SQ, AA, AV, QT, VA, LH, EK
Any recommendations for J Ex-Syd to Singapore?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.