Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook Business Class Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2013, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Book the Cook Business Class Suggestions

I will be traveling a couple of legs on my honeymoon on Singapore Air in business class on A330-300 to the Maldives and was interested in hearing any feedback relating to 'must have' dishes offered via Book the Cook: https://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms...ssingapore.jsp

Thanks!
Old May 12, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA; The Peninsula
I can vouch for (and would recommend) the Roast Lamb Chops, the Pan-Seared Chilean Seabass with Bouillabaisse sauce, and the Lobster Thermidor.

The Lamb Chops, although served medium-well, were still both tender and tasty. Not sure how the science of that works.
Old May 12, 2013, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by ContinentalSilver11
I will be traveling a couple of legs on my honeymoon on Singapore Air in business class on A330-300 to the Maldives and was interested in hearing any feedback relating to 'must have' dishes offered via Book the Cook: https://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms...ssingapore.jsp

Thanks!
I don't know what you like. It depends on your taste buds... Personally I like Fish Head curry but doubt you'll like it.
Old May 12, 2013, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am thinking about an 8:05 AM departure 6 hour flight out of SIN to ICN in C.

I suppose they serve both breakfast and lunch on this flight (can't tell on the website)? Would I BTC the lunch and eat the regular meal for breakfast?

Thanks.
Old May 14, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Lobster Thermidor is fantastic!
Old May 14, 2013, 1:50 pm

For an in-flight meal, the risotto was excellent!
Old May 18, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Emirates Skywards, various others (inactive)
Hmm I'll be flying LHR-SIN (and back) soon.

Is the roast duck worth getting ex-LHR? (ie is it comparable to what I can get in London's chinatown?)

For breakfast on the return flight, do I have a choice of all the BtC options, or only a selected few?
Old May 19, 2013, 12:12 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by phlogiston
For breakfast on the return flight, do I have a choice of all the BtC options, or only a selected few?
You can reach back and get a dinner entree for breakfast if it is available. Or save your book the cook for breakfast and have a menu dinner entree.

SunLover
Old May 19, 2013, 2:58 pm

Programs: AsiaMiles , krisflyer , UA
Smile

Originally Posted by ContinentalSilver11

Thanks!
Personally love the lobster Thermidor , chicken rice, Thai duck curry and Thai fish soufflé. Last two choices may be little spicy so do take note.

Best bet is to order the BTC meals first and if they really too spicy for your buds. Just ask the FA to change your entree to those in the menu. However you may have to make do with those available after all other pax. Have chosen

Hope that helps
Old May 21, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
I've never been to Singapore, or had Singapore chicken rice -- suggestions on if it's worth doing that for BTC over something fancier like Chilean Sea Bass, Black Cod, Lamb Chops or Thai Duck Curry?

I will have an 8-hour layover in Singapore, and planned on visiting town, so that might factor in, too.

Does anyone know what's included in the "Assorted Sushi"?

Last edited by some dude; May 21, 2013 at 9:52 am
Old May 21, 2013, 10:31 am

Programs: AsiaMiles , krisflyer , UA
Originally Posted by some dude
I've never been to Singapore, or had Singapore chicken rice -- suggestions on if it's worth doing that for BTC over something fancier like Chilean Sea Bass, Black Cod, Lamb Chops or Thai Duck Curry?

I will have an 8-hour layover in Singapore, and planned on visiting town, so that might factor in, too.

Does anyone know what's included in the "Assorted Sushi"?
Hi there,
Assorted sushi platter consist like approx. 9 pcs of sushi: the normal like salmon, unagi, tamago, Tuna. Nothing fanciful. But if u are gonna opt for something light. This would be good choice.

Personally prefer asian cuisine over western cuisine. But they do serve up a mean lobster Thermidor and lamb chops. Would pass on that Chilean sea bass.
Old May 30, 2013, 5:31 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Out of SFO-

1. Crab cake is good
2. Pan Fried halibut is good

Out of HKG-
Nothing really stands out.
They used to have Chrashi sushi. But that was removed 2 years ago.

Out of SIN-
Lobster thermidor- you really have to try this.
Everything else is no comparison to the lobster.
All the BTC are decent except Nasi Lemak. That was a disaster.

Out of FRA-
I would avoid FRA BTC like plauge. Nothing is really edible.
Old May 30, 2013, 1:12 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
How is:

Seared Lamb Loin
Lamb loin with salsa verde, Lyonnaise onion, aioli and bacon. Designed by Singapore Airlines Intnerational Culinary Panel Chef Matthew Moran.

This dish seems a bit more interesting than the roast lamb chops. Anyone tried it?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 12:31 am

Programs: KF
another vote for Lobster Thermidor.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:01 pm
soy

Programs: various
lamb shank is top class

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.