Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook Business Class Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Flying first class from LAX to NRT and NRT to LAX. Tried to book the cook online and it says unavailable. I then called SQ and a rep told me BTC was not available on my flights. Did she lie to me or is that accurate? What a bummer if true.
I'm flying NRT to LAX at the end of November and I was able to BTK for that flight about a month ago.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 1:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by majortom421
I'm flying NRT to LAX at the end of November and I was able to BTK for that flight about a month ago.
Okay guess I just need to wait then.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Any recommendation for breakfast BTC ex SIN? Is the Japanese selection is good, especially Gyu Don?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL; Hilton Honors Diamond
Nasi Biryani was very good when I had it a month or two ago.

Not sure if they do the smoked salmon and Swiss Roesti ex SIN but I had that for breakfast on my ZRH-SIN leg and it was superb.
Old May 28, 2016, 12:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), AA Platinum Pro
Read all 14 pages of this thread, and not a single Ex-ICN recommendation. :P

That said, flying ICN > SIN in J, and trying to get some recommendations. Right now I have the pan-fried chicken breast, as I figure it's hard to mess that up.

But would be good to hear some more input.
Old May 29, 2016, 2:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Originally Posted by joeypore
Read all 14 pages of this thread, and not a single Ex-ICN recommendation. :P

That said, flying ICN > SIN in J, and trying to get some recommendations. Right now I have the pan-fried chicken breast, as I figure it's hard to mess that up.

But would be good to hear some more input.
Hi Joeypore, if Korean food is palatable to you, I'd suggest to just rely on the catered options. From my experience, ex ICN the catered Korean food options are superb (the likes of bibimbap, stir fried chicken/beef, ginseng chicken etc).
Old Jun 2, 2016, 5:35 am

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
I just did SIN-ICN.

My recommendation is take the local options rather than BTC.

My ex SIN is served with Prawn Noodles and ex ICN is Korean Chicken.
Both are not bad, even though my favourite is still the starter (Chicken satays...)
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:43 am

Are there any good recommendations for J class BTC ex-HKG and ex-BCN? I understand ex-GRU does not have BTC and was wondering if the menu options are fixed.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by landingpoint
Hi Joeypore, if Korean food is palatable to you, I'd suggest to just rely on the catered options. From my experience, ex ICN the catered Korean food options are superb (the likes of bibimbap, stir fried chicken/beef, ginseng chicken etc).
my favourites are sea bass , salmon and lobster for book the cook
Old Jun 8, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I have a flight in a month (SQ25/26) and I'm trying to use the BTC option. I keep getting the following error message:

Our meal selection is temporarily unavailable. Please contact your local SIA office for assistance. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Does anyone know of a reason for/way around this other than calling the office? I'm using Google Chrome if that is a factor.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
I have a flight in a month (SQ25/26) and I'm trying to use the BTC option. I keep getting the following error message:

Does anyone know of a reason for/way around this other than calling the office? I'm using Google Chrome if that is a factor.
I had the same problem last month from HND-SIN and had to call the SQ hotline to book. The problem was due to the system not able to identify multiple FFP numbers. I had booked the flight using my KF account and used the miles for upgrade, but I wanted the miles to be credited to my OZ FFP instead. That was what the CSO told me and in the end, they removed the KF FFP number and they were able to book via the phone.

Not too sure why this problem exists since I have never encountered this before.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by hclee01
I had the same problem last month from HND-SIN and had to call the SQ hotline to book. The problem was due to the system not able to identify multiple FFP numbers. I had booked the flight using my KF account and used the miles for upgrade, but I wanted the miles to be credited to my OZ FFP instead. That was what the CSO told me and in the end, they removed the KF FFP number and they were able to book via the phone.

Not too sure why this problem exists since I have never encountered this before.
Thanks! It's a reservation with a pair of B6 segments so I imagine that's probably the issue. I'll call and get it sorted.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Marriott Gold
Classic Lobster Thermidor Photos

Ordered the Classic Lobster Thermidor on SIN-PEK route recently. My first Book-the-Cook experience and I would say I quite enjoy this offering by SQ, enhanced my inflight experience. I would also recommend this dish, certainly a different experience from typical business class menu. ^

Classic Lobster Thermidor
Lobster tail sautéed in butter, flambéed in brandy, sprinkled with cheese, and served with creamy mushroom sauce, garlic and spicy mustard, and buttered asparagus
Attached Images  
Old Jul 4, 2016, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
It's not a book the cook item but hope my comment is suitable for here.

Anybody had the tofu cheesecake? I hated it. After half a bite I left it. The FA said upon collection "didn't you like it" so I think she was prepared as others haven't liked it. I noticed on her tray there were a lot of other nearly full uneaten portions left.

Anyone else had this?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 4:15 am
Suspended

Well I hate tofu so I would never even consider it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.