Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2020, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by BernardBlack
When I search through the Android app (signed-in) for a J award MEL-LHR (or another European port) for 4x adults, or 3x adults plus 1x child, it works fine. But as soon as I switch to 2x adults and 2x children (which is the actual party flying) it doesn't work.

If I switch to the desktop browser version, and enter any number of children (even 1x, which works on the app), it tells me to check my redemption nominees.

It's true that I don't have my kids as redemption nominees yet, but I'll have to delete some existing nominees and I don't want to do that until I'm sure the booking will work.

Will I be able to book a redemption with 2x children? Can it be accomplished online somehow or do I have to call? If calling, is there a fee and will they waive it given I can't do this online?
i just try with my account. I have 2 child as nominees. No problem in search 2A/2C ot 1A/2C. Once I change to 1A/3C, it go back to the homepage.

I have previously book for 2 children as well.

So definitely no issue in booking online as long as they are in your nominee. If u still encounter issue after adding the kids as nominees, can just call in. N explain that you encounter error. They will just waive off the phone booking charge. (Usually they seldom charge also, even it is stated, just tell them got error).
Old Mar 6, 2020, 1:38 pm

Great. Thanks.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:02 am

Programs: AS Peon
My SO and I are booked to fly SQ F LAX-NRT next Saturday. We are cancelling this trip due to coronavirus fears, but as far as I'm aware there are no waivers offered by SQ on this route so far. I'm not totally opposed to paying the fee to cancel, as it isn't that bad ($75 per ticket I think?) but would obviously prefer not to. How are the CSRs on the phone in times like this? I'm sure that the wait calling right now is very long, so not sure that I want to bother if there is no chance at all of being able to get the fees waived.

I have no SQ status, and these were both booked with points directly with SQ, if that matters.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:33 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Just a general query about travel agents and SQ. If you have a booking made by a travel agent and then mid-trip the agent ceases trading, what happens if you need make a change to the booking when Manage My Booking says "Contact your booking agent to make changes" when obviously there is no longer an agent to make the changes?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Lussac
Just a general query about travel agents and SQ. If you have a booking made by a travel agent and then mid-trip the agent ceases trading, what happens if you need make a change to the booking when Manage My Booking says "Contact your booking agent to make changes" when obviously there is no longer an agent to make the changes?
Airline can usually take over the booking once the first segment is flown so call up SQ.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by emag_eh7
My SO and I are booked to fly SQ F LAX-NRT next Saturday. We are cancelling this trip due to coronavirus fears, but as far as I'm aware there are no waivers offered by SQ on this route so far. I'm not totally opposed to paying the fee to cancel, as it isn't that bad ($75 per ticket I think?) but would obviously prefer not to. How are the CSRs on the phone in times like this? I'm sure that the wait calling right now is very long, so not sure that I want to bother if there is no chance at all of being able to get the fees waived.

I have no SQ status, and these were both booked with points directly with SQ, if that matters.
You may try to get them during day time in US. I have no luck getting to them day time in SIN (now that less than 24 hour to the flight, I'd require quarantine after coming back to SIN). Was on hold for more than an hour then the music cuts off, not sure if I'm being cut off or just the music issue. I requested for a flight to be cancelled for departure tomorrow, the email says they will call me, but I've yet to get a call from them for the cancellation, so the booking is still active. I actually called and gotten through to them on Friday for other matters, but the agent insisted on an additional $50 fee to help me cancel the redemption booking. Cancellation request sent on Friday, but I guess they are too busy for the call back. I do not understand the need for call back since the taxes more than cover the cancellation fees (SIN - LHR - SIN).
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:27 pm

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Well I got it resolved in the end. Called the local Ticket Office number and got through first ring, I explained the situation and got the flight changed without issue, the agent could see that Swiss had moved us to an inappropriate flight and made the change there and then she also said that this was the least complicated thing she had had to do today.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by fone
You may try to get them during day time in US. I have no luck getting to them day time in SIN (now that less than 24 hour to the flight, I'd require quarantine after coming back to SIN). Was on hold for more than an hour then the music cuts off, not sure if I'm being cut off or just the music issue. I requested for a flight to be cancelled for departure tomorrow, the email says they will call me, but I've yet to get a call from them for the cancellation, so the booking is still active. I actually called and gotten through to them on Friday for other matters, but the agent insisted on an additional $50 fee to help me cancel the redemption booking. Cancellation request sent on Friday, but I guess they are too busy for the call back. I do not understand the need for call back since the taxes more than cover the cancellation fees (SIN - LHR - SIN).
Just figured I'd follow up here - Calling during the day time in US was ideal. I called a few days ago around 8PM PDT (11 AM SST) I waited for about 70 or 75 minutes for an answer. Just called again at about 9 AM PDT (Midnight SST) and got an answer immediately. Tickets cancelled, unfortunately never got a cancellation waiver. Since I don't know when we'll be able to travel, had to be the $75 fee x2 passengers, but oh well.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:40 pm

Programs: SQ KF, Marriott Bonvoy, GA Miles, QR Privilege
Originally Posted by emag_eh7
Just figured I'd follow up here - Calling during the day time in US was ideal. I called a few days ago around 8PM PDT (11 AM SST) I waited for about 70 or 75 minutes for an answer. Just called again at about 9 AM PDT (Midnight SST) and got an answer immediately. Tickets cancelled, unfortunately never got a cancellation waiver. Since I don't know when we'll be able to travel, had to be the $75 fee x2 passengers, but oh well.
May I know what number did you call?
Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2020, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by aritrixa
May I know what number did you call?
Thanks!
I called 1-800-742-3333. Hope it helps!
Old Mar 20, 2020, 7:44 pm

Programs: SQ KF, Marriott Bonvoy, GA Miles, QR Privilege
Surely, it is a big help..
Thank you!!
Old Apr 7, 2020, 5:38 pm

Singapore seems to not be selling seats on SQ 25 from JFK to FRA... at least at towards the end of the calendar in late March 2021. Yet they are selling seats on SQ 26 from FRA to JFK for those end of calendar dates. Any idea why this is?
Old Apr 8, 2020, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by CedarSwampThing
Singapore seems to not be selling seats on SQ 25 from JFK to FRA... at least at towards the end of the calendar in late March 2021. Yet they are selling seats on SQ 26 from FRA to JFK for those end of calendar dates. Any idea why this is?
guess they are still loading the schedule. Sometime it might be late.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 1:01 pm

Thank you for the reply. This is what I assumed. SQ 25 is my favorite way to get to Europe and I suppose Im nervous that the route might be on the chopping block
Old Apr 12, 2020, 8:15 pm

[cross-posted from AustralianFrequentFlyer]

I've been monitoring the end of the booking calendar to make some tentative award bookings for Easter next year (which we'll reschedule if needed depending on how the next few months go). For the last few days, the award availability hasn't seemed to move forward with the booking calendar. Nothing is available beyond 25-26/Mar/21 or so, regardless of the departure port, and even though the date selector has moved forward into early April.

If it were just no forward availability I would understand that, but having forward availability until almost, but not quite the end of the calendar, seems strange. Does anyone have insight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.