Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 7:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
Right, and well put - I just wanted to clarify for non-Scandinavians like you who might not know the system here. Thanks for chiming in though!
Market economics in Scandinavia are market economics outside of Scandinavia too.

Just like colloquial English is colloquial English, regardless of whether or not a person is Scandinavian.

Said for the benefit of those Danglish and Swenglish speakers too.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Can we stop talking about "free" breakfast? Among especially this group of people, I'd expect a slightly better understanding of market economics.
and free lounge access, once with are at that :P
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:39 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Wink

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Market economics in Scandinavia are market economics outside of Scandinavia too.

Just like colloquial English is colloquial English, regardless of whether or not a person is Scandinavian.

Why this discrimination of us poor speakers of Norwenglish?

Not to mention speakers of Finnglish?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:51 pm
Suspended

Thanks for looking out for us Always great to see Americans who get the culture! I'm sure most of us will be happy to clarify in 3-4 other languages should you find yourself at odds with our second/third language; English. Just say the word!
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Thanks for looking out for us Always great to see Americans who get the culture! I'm sure most of us will be happy to clarify in 3-4 other languages should you find yourself at odds with our second/third language; English. Just say the word!
Javist.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:19 am
Suspended

Javist.
*Javisst.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:45 am

Hi,

do you know if it's possibile to make a statusmatch to Eurobonus?
Is there an email I can write to?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:53 am
Suspended

*Javisst.
Javisst. Prepared for a life in Bunkeflostrand?

Originally Posted by ksu
Why this discrimination of us poor speakers of Norwenglish?

Not to mention speakers of Finnglish?
Finnglish is reserved for the remake of Barbarella, and Norwenglish has been given a reprieve in honor of the generosity of spirit of the Norwegian king.

Originally Posted by Sciamano
Hi,

do you know if it's possibile to make a statusmatch to Eurobonus?
Is there an email I can write to?
Any reason you want status with SK rather than another Star Alliance carrier? Turkish Airlines has a history of being rather generous with status matches if wanting Star Silver/Gold status.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 18, 2016 at 3:00 am
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:24 am

Any reason you want status with SK rather than another Star Alliance carrier? Turkish Airlines has a history of being rather generous with status matches if wanting Star Silver/Gold status.
Yes, there is. I'm still TK Goldbut with Eurobonus I would match Club Carlson.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:00 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
SAS has no email address.
To contact them, you need to use their contact form or call (or chat?).
I think I have read somewhere that they don't status match but I'm not sure.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:09 am
Suspended

Javisst. Prepared for a life in Bunkeflostrand?
If I wanted to live in a Middle Eastern country, I'd at least go somewhere with weather to match.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:26 am
Suspended

Sciamano,

Club Carlson hands out Club Carlson Gold status pretty easily. Registered Rezidor shareholders used to get it and maybe still do. Carlson also match via email just about any hotel program out there without really validating much of anything. Also some credit cards come with Club Carlson Gold status.

If Club Carlson Gold status is what you want more than Star Gold status with SAS, then look into those above options. It's been a few years since I've encountered SAS providing EuroBonus elite status matches, although I wouldn't be surprised to see one via Air Berlin status whenever Air Berlin wraps up.

If I wanted to live in a Middle Eastern country, I'd at least go somewhere with weather to match.
Not legally resident in Denmark anymore? There is already Copenhagen with Bunkeflo weather to match. Many a bridge migrant can even see Denmark from their Swedish backyard and not have to freak out about Danish car taxes while driving their own cars in Denmark. Oh, the luxury of being a Dane in Sweden when the bridge isn't shut down for wind, emergency response training, filming or who knows what else.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 18, 2016 at 6:34 am
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:11 am
Suspended

Not legally resident in Denmark anymore? There is already Copenhagen with Bunkeflo weather to match. Many a bridge migrant can even see Denmark from their Swedish backyard and not have to freak out about Danish car taxes while driving their own cars in Denmark. Oh, the luxury of being a Dane in Sweden when the bridge isn't shut down for wind, emergency response training, filming or who knows what else.
Well, it's still The New Middle East Sweden. I don't do things that are the New anything. You know how people call Toronto the new New York City? That's when I know I won't be wasting my time on Toronto.

As goes for the bridge communities. I don't want to live in new Copenhagen anything; the real one is far better as is.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:25 am
Suspended

Well, it's still The New Middle East Sweden. I don't do things that are the New anything. You know how people call Toronto the new New York City? That's when I know I won't be wasting my time on Toronto.

As goes for the bridge communities. I don't want to live in new Copenhagen anything; the real one is far better as is.
It's the old and new Denmark, much like it's the old and new Sweden.

New York is the new York, after the York of the Duke of York fame/infamy. New York is still being done, unlike old York, eh?

I would never call Toronto the new New York, but then again NYC and Toronto have been my playgrounds since birth.

I was more expecting the comparison of the proverbial armpit of New York to New York, when bringing up Swedish parts closest to Denmark. But that probably requires a familiarity with how the whole world revolves around NYC for some people.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 18, 2016 at 7:36 am
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:34 am

Sciamano,

Club Carlson hands out Club Carlson Gold status pretty easily. Registered Rezidor shareholders used to get it and maybe still do. Carlson also match via email just about any hotel program out there without really validating much of anything. Also some credit cards come with Club Carlson Gold status.

If Club Carlson Gold status is what you want more than Star Gold status with SAS, then look into those above options. It's been a few years since I've encountered SAS providing EuroBonus elite status matches, although I wouldn't be surprised to see one via Air Berlin status whenever Air Berlin wraps up.
Thank you GUWonder,

I just checked Club Carlson matching possibilities and sadly there no one I'm eligible. That's why I was thinking about SAS Eurobonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.