Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by helosc
You mean for multisegment flights in general?
No, too much trouble, I think.
I do have a seat on a flight to Stockholm that Sunday, so no problem there.
I was merely pointing out that I paid less for my multisegment Plus return flights to Milan that a ticket from CPH to ARN Go costs on that day.
No I mean if you use MMX to start your journey instead of CPH. I use both to see which one gives me cheaper pricing. Parking at MMX is a lot cheaper than CPH.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by nacho
No I mean if you use MMX to start your journey instead of CPH. I use both to see which one gives me cheaper pricing. Parking at MMX is a lot cheaper than CPH.
No, that's too much trouble and time for me, so I never check MMX.
I normally only fly in Europe and get cheap enough tickets from CPH.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I barely use MMX. And even if MMX tickets were a lot cheaper, it's still hard for me to justify using it. I would be taking a taxi or public transit/shared transport to get to/from the airport, so parking costs don't really move me.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
In addition to the usual inedible buffet of strange vegetable-like objects and cat food-like cold fish, the ARN lounge had a warm food option today in the shape of pizza with ham. A universal food option, accessible to everyone and judging by how quickly they ran out, a big succes.
While I don't doubt it was delicious, I'm not sure I'd call a pizza topped with ham a universal food option: it's meaty and it has a lot of dairy products in it. Next time they can offer a marinara pizza, which would solve both those issues ^.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
SAS-Finnair near miss

There seems to have been a serious incident in HEL 28 Oct. at 8.50. So no jokes here about merger.

An AY A321 was cleared to cross an active runway, but stopped as the crew noticed visually that a SK CRJ was on final approach.

Finnish air accident investigation notes, that despite light drizzle, visibility was good and points out that, had the weather been poor, the outcome might have been ‘more serious’.

Not nice.

Source: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...cursio-430997/

Some more details here: http://avherald.com/h?article=4a01e949&opt=0
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I barely use MMX. And even if MMX tickets were a lot cheaper, it's still hard for me to justify using it. I would be taking a taxi or public transit/shared transport to get to/from the airport, so parking costs don't really move me.
It's true if you are travelling alone. When it's a group then savings can be substantial. For us we don't have to cross the bridge to get to the airport, plus we don't use public transport (it's cheaper for us to drive), so MMX does have some attraction - although the kids don't like the SAS Cafe there (yes it's a lot worse than the CPH lounge).
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
I can only agree that MMX can be a very cost efficient airport when flying with a group or family. In some of the latest offers, I was finding CPH-ORD returns for 3400DKK and MMX-ARN-ORD returns for 2450kr for the same dates. Although flying direct is always preferrable on the return, the price difference for a family of 4 makes it worthwhile to use MMX.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 5:44 am

Two meal pictures

My first ever longhaul SK flights: CPH-NRT in Plus, return in Business (PG fixed-price upgrade cleared)

VGML requested on outward leg - food was terrible: first meal was pasta with spinach, some sort of couscous salad with falafel and fruit in a bowl. Second meal, pictured, was identical(!) with the addition of a yoghurt (not vegan...) and the replacement of the falafel with artichoke in the side salad. I would fly Plus again at the price we paid, but the food was terrible. No EBD recognition.

Returning in J, I cancelled the SPML, figuring there would be something edible. The food (and service) in J was very good (main meal pictured - chicken with red rice). However there were several cracks on my seat frame despite it only recently being installed.

As FlyingMoose has often opined, the food ex-CPH seems dire. But overall I'm very happy with the product and think I'll favour SK over BA for a while, at least until BA stops being passenger-hostile.
Attached Images   
Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The spinach pasta looked very much like my "seafood meal" - plus 1 piece of dry salmon - and the mushrooms in the tray were black and it's not Japanese dried mushrooms.

Flew QR ex-CPH and the catering is definitely from CPH - Kims chip, Smakis apple drink, Marabou chocolate - these food were available in Y. The main course wasn't bad at all - much more edible compared to SK's food. My kids got meatball (I believe it's chicken meatballs) - and they said it's much better than those on SAS.

Back in 2014 there was Lindt Hello chocolate on the tray but since then it was gone.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:23 pm

The spinach pasta looked very much like my "seafood meal" - plus 1 piece of dry salmon - and the mushrooms in the tray were black and it's not Japanese dried mushrooms.
My other half had a VLML (vegetarian lacto-ovo) and it was identical except for amorphous blobs of cheese on top of the spinach. I sense a pattern here...

I guess the main thing I take issue with is being served essentially the same meal twice, including for 'breakfast'.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Typically the CPH-NRT flight has the Singapore noodles which is probably the best choice flying ex-Scandinavia (anywhere). I would enjoy the chicken and red-rice and not complain. The SPML meal is an insult, even in Plus and it really makes me wonder how anyone at SK can call that acceptable with a straight face.

Nevertheless, you're welcome in the "I hate SK's food"-camp. We are promised improvements early next year.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
We are promised improvements early next year.
We were promised a 'new meal concept', if that is an improvement or not... we will see.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fassy
We were promised a 'new meal concept', if that is an improvement or not... we will see.
Do you think they are following LX and BA's buy your own edible food on board or eat our complimentary crap?

My rant was that if you fly other airlines using CPH for catering the food could be really great, how come SK flights ex CPH are not - the chicken dish in Y CPH-IAD was a prepaid previously frozen German made food (that was already a thousand times better than my disgusting SFML).
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by fassy
Please no more "new concepts" or "enhancements"...
Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:46 am

I'm wondering if I should complain about the food in Plus. I don't want any compensation, but I don't really think what I was given was acceptable. But then, that flight was the first time in years I've flown anything less than J longhaul so perhaps I was expecting too much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.