Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2016, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I had a fairly big struggle with Westin in Mexico City once, but escalating to corp levels in the US got some serious levels of reaction.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 6:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Panasonic still working over china! ^

Yes, no kids, work trip. Wouldn't take my kids to Shanghai anyway.

Anyway surprised they still steal passports and computers. Leaving your passport (or anything) in a hotel 'safe' is pretty stupid in the first place... I hide stuff in my dirty laundry if required. And make it a point to have ancient unattractive electronics that have no resale value
Computer theft is still rampant, with even the stolen chargers ending up sold. And if the data on the computer isn't well protected, it's possibly even more valuable than the resale value of the computer and its components.

Passport theft and stolen passport sales is a business still. The last time someone in my family circle had a passport stolen, it was stolen from a hotel room in the EU/Schengen area. It was an Indian passport and had visas/permits good for the US and UK too. The biggest hassle from that came from having to get a new Indian passport. The hotel ended up rather responsive and covered a good chunk of the expenses. I expect that is what will ultimately happen with fassy's loss.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 19, 2016 at 6:32 am
Old Nov 20, 2016, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Our home insurance in Sweden will only compensate the theft if the item is left in a locked safe in a hotel room. A locked suitcase in a locked room is not good enough when claims are filed.

Barcelona is famous for theft of all kinds - we put our cash inside dirty laundry.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 5:35 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Sitting on 954 (MIA-CPH) in C cabin. Very unusual pax-configuration. All middle seats but one is occupied by Danish//Norwegians couples in their 50'es. There was a 'fight' after boarding by 3 couples (including me and Mrs. Alpha) to get the last middleseats. Meaning that 20 out of 32 seats are taken by point burners/upgraders. Hope that SK still earns enough that way.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Sitting on 954 (MIA-CPH) in C cabin. Very unusual pax-configuration. All middle seats but one is occupied by Danish//Norwegians couples in their 50'es. There was a 'fight' after boarding by 3 couples (including me and Mrs. Alpha) to get the last middleseats. Meaning that 20 out of 32 seats are taken by point burners/upgraders. Hope that SK still earns enough that way.
How do you know that 20 are point burners? Some couples in the fifties could be buying the seats by cash....
Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:08 am
Suspended

There was a 'fight' after boarding by 3 couples (including me and Mrs. Alpha) to get the last middleseats. .
How much fighting could there be? Just look at your boarding pass, there's a seat number on it.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 1:50 am
Suspended

It's the seat swap carnival, regardless of what seat is on the boarding pass. And it's largely a product of how the upgrade game plays out. But there are also the package tour flights in the premium cabins for some cruise customers, and they too often have issues with seat assignments.

Some couples on vacation really seem to have issues if not allowed to sit together on a vacation flight. Not sure why people who have so much time together on the ground feel an intense desire to be together for even more time together in the air while in a flying bus. It's not like they are always commuting together to and from work, to get groceries or whatever. A few hours seated separately isn't the end of the world, but for some people it's like "we must sit together" on vacation.

Perhaps we can say this is SAS's version of the YouTube-shared scuffles that seem to break out over seating on Ryanair flights?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Some couples on vacation really seem to have issues if not allowed to sit together on a vacation flight. Not sure why people who have so much time together on the ground feel an intense desire to be together for even more time together in the air while in a flying bus.
Ms. klmml definitely objects if she's not sitting next to me - she is a nervous flyer. About the only time it would be acceptable is in longhaul J or F, where there is enough distraction (and champagne) to make up for it
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
How do you know that 20 are point burners? Some couples in the fifties could be buying the seats by cash....
I don't know. Didn't ask them. So of course you could be right, though most were Danish, not Norwegians....
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
How much fighting could there be? Just look at your boarding pass, there's a seat number on it.
The printed seat number seamed to be the problem. Some of the couples were seated quite appart, e.g. in A and H. The puzzle seemed to be solved more or less.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know. Didn't ask them. So of course you could be right, though most were Danish, not Norwegians....
I would not expect Miami to generate a heavy revenue (cash revenue) load in C. But unless they are going the UA way of filling premium cabins, I doubt you would find 20 award or award upgrades on the flights. But maybe we are heading the UA way....
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
Just to clarify: There was no fighting or arguing – just people standing in the aisle during boarding and waiting for someone to swop with.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by klmml
Ms. klmml definitely objects if she's not sitting next to me - she is a nervous flyer. About the only time it would be acceptable is in longhaul J or F, where there is enough distraction (and champagne) to make up for it
Are the passengers in long-haul J/F a better distraction than passengers in economy class and short-haul business?

In economy class, being seated next to your travel partner at least means you won't be making as much physical contact with strangers as when you are seated next to (more) strangers. In long-haul J/F, the strangers are not as close; but there in long-haul J/F, passengers at least can check out how the upgrade game plays out.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Just to clarify: There was no fighting or arguing – just people standing in the aisle during boarding and waiting for someone to swop with.
If this happens to us we will sort it out at the gate - SK is really poor at that compared to other airlines we have flown with. Once they have a AC change and I was separated with the children. I asked at the gate and they said ask fellow passenger to swap seats. I tried once again at the door to ask the crew if they could help - nope.

About we must sit together: I love to sit with Mr. because I don't have to sit with a stranger. Several times I sat next to some bigger people and half of their body fell onto my seat and took my armrest. I hate that - I'm entitled to my seat and just because I'm not so big to fill my whole seat up you are allowed to spill your body over to my territory.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:34 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Random question but when did SAS get rid of complimentary meals in European Y?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.