Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by klmml
I had that chicken in OSL on Wednesday. Quite good. Only disappointment was that the berry cake ran out
Looked good but I didn't have any as I was still full from my on board fish meal (smoked salmon + smoked salmon, seafood salat).......

Last edited by helosc; Nov 13, 2016 at 2:06 am
Old Nov 16, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by helosc
To FlyingMoose:
This afternoon, evening The lounge in ARN has chicken in Morrocan sauce as the warm dish and plenty of it too....
Sounds good, perhaps SK is gradually improving their game and figuring out what people actually like versus what they think people like.

Originally Posted by fassy
Last week on Friday evening they had Hot Dog (actually rřd přlse), Hamburger patties and warm smoked salmon in CPH. While I though the Hot Dogs and Hamburgers looked and smelled horrible I appreciated the gesture. And obviously most of the lounge guest really like them... there was a war on the buffet going on
Right, it doesn't need to be Michelin-star food to appeal to the majority of visitors. They occasionally have hotdogs in the ORD lounge as well and those disappear in the blink of an eye.

Overal pleased to see some positive news from the ground, hopefully their offering in the sky is next.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Trying to checkin for my SK longhaul since yesterday and not getting a boarding pass... just a mysterious message:

View Screen Capture

LH, who handles SAS over the wing in MUC, redirects checkin to SAS. Passport details are in. I'll try and see if I can add the Chinese Visa somewhere.

Any other tips?
Old Nov 18, 2016, 2:23 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Trying to checkin for my SK longhaul since yesterday and not getting a boarding pass... just a mysterious message:

View Screen Capture

LH, who handles SAS over the wing in MUC, redirects checkin to SAS. Passport details are in. I'll try and see if I can add the Chinese Visa somewhere.

Any other tips?
I think a Chinese visa has to be checked and verified manually by the check-in agent at the airport. I flew to Guangzhou earlier this month with Turkish Airlines and could only get my mobile bp from ARN-IST. When I checked in at Arlanda Airport, the agent told me that she would need to check if I needed a visa or not before they could print my bp to Guangzhou.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 2:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

View Screen Capture

Any other tips?
Sounds like you may have been selected for a travel docs check before being issued a boarding pass for at least the international long-haul segment.

Sometimes fooling around with the residency status info on some bookings can facilitate check-in, but I'm not sure that makes a difference with SAS OLCI.

I hope passport control at CPH still goes quick for you. Some of the longer lines I see at passport control at CPH to leave Schengen happen at around that time.

See you tonight, probably.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 8:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Turns out Altea wanted my CN visa number. The LH checkin had to actually swipe the bottom of the visa thru the reader to get the data in correctly to satisfy the system. Previous LH flight to CPH got cancelled, so flight oversold. I was not checked in
Old Nov 18, 2016, 10:41 am

Made the connection after a casual stroll from the B pier thru the shopping mall. Just stopped briefly at the Lego store, but moved on in 2 minutes after I noted that everything was 25% above German store prices.
Immigration was a zoo, but the automated gates were working. Boarding started just as I reached the gate. ^
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:09 am
Suspended

Made the connection after a casual stroll from the B pier thru the shopping mall. Just stopped briefly at the Lego store, but moved on in 2 minutes after I noted that everything was 25% above German store prices.
Immigration was a zoo, but the automated gates were working. Boarding started just as I reached the gate. ^
Welcome to a too common sight on Friday at this time at CPH. At least the automated border control gates were up and running this time.

Let me guess, you're sans kids.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:23 am

Just found out that the insurance which comes with the AMEX Elite is a joke... someone stole my laptop from the hotel room last night and they cover only 5000SEK - so about a third of the value.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:48 am
Suspended

Just found out that the insurance which comes with the AMEX Elite is a joke... someone stole my laptop from the hotel room last night and they cover only 5000SEK - so about a third of the value.
Sorry to hear about the theft.

The Amex premium insurance has caps. At least my Amex Platinum does have caps. It works ok for lower value items, but for more expensive items it may not be all that great.

Hopefully, your home insurance covers the rest, while your premiums and/or deductibles don't change due to claims.

Curious, but at which hotel and in which country did the unfortunate incident hit?
Old Nov 18, 2016, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Sorry to hear about the theft.
Glorious finale of a really f***ed up week.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Curious, but at which hotel and in which country did the unfortunate incident hit?
Will need to keep the name undisclosed for the moment, it was a 4 Star Hotel of a well known US chain in Barcelona. Actually no sign of break in, just came back from dinner and saw the safe was open (I definitely closed it) a few things displaced and the laptop gone. Staff was really unhelpful and just referred me to the police
Old Nov 18, 2016, 3:22 pm
Suspended

Glorious finale of a really f***ed up week.

Will need to keep the name undisclosed for the moment, it was a 4 Star Hotel of a well known US chain in Barcelona. Actually no sign of break in, just came back from dinner and saw the safe was open (I definitely closed it) a few things displaced and the laptop gone. Staff was really unhelpful and just referred me to the police
Sounds like what happened when a relative's passport was stolen from a hotel room safe in Germany and resulted in having to extend the stay to get a replacement passport: go to the police, not much we can do about it.

For better or worse, hotel room safes are usually not that hard to crack. Given how many people accidentally lock the safe or forget the code, hotel staff being able to pretty quickly open most safes is a double-edged knife, one that others can use too. When I use the room safes, I usually put in mostly junk and a wee bit of cash or costume jewelry in there.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 8:07 pm

Panasonic still working over china! ^

Yes, no kids, work trip. Wouldn't take my kids to Shanghai anyway.

Anyway surprised they still steal passports and computers. Leaving your passport (or anything) in a hotel 'safe' is pretty stupid in the first place... I hide stuff in my dirty laundry if required. And make it a point to have ancient unattractive electronics that have no resale value
Old Nov 19, 2016, 4:29 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Act according to location, leaving electronics in the open while not in the room in countries like Spain is always a bad idea.

Get a few cheap travel insurances, the ones in Sweden from TryggHansa or various others cost next to nothing and are easily leveraged in multiple when claims are needed to not come out in the red.

I find the AMEX insurance mostly useful when luggage gets delayed and would resort to a 'real' insurance for theft claims.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 4:54 am

I know... part of it is my problem. I'm a quite seasoned traveler and always careful but this time I was just to trusting in the quality of the hotel.

But to be honest I expect in an upper class business hotel in a town like Barcelona paying 250€/night which have access control in the elevator, the doors etc that I'm reasonable safe and can trust they will try their best to keep their guest and belongings safe.

Since neither the room door was broken, nor the safe was cracked but just opened with a mastercode or something like it (as it was linked to the keycard of the room) someone from the hotel was probably in on it. They also did not even wanted to look at the room lock memory to get the access log and of course very convinently they did not have any CCTV in the floors.

Have escalated the issue to the world wide group head quarters and they have come back quite strong to the hotel management. Let's see how it goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.