Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by AStarr
It seems that they at least try to do that... at the very very least. But quite frequently end up selling that third seat. I don't know. I'm super peeved with a lot of things airline related at the moment so I'm particularly nihilistic about it all.
On short haul and long haul I am sure the middle seat is the last one to be picked anyways... But my gripe is that they dont actively soft block the seat next to EBD or EBG anymore, or atleast it seems so. So now anyone can pick the seat next to me Even when then cabin is empty. Perhaps they should add a profile photo then I would allways have a natural seat block next to me
AStarr likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:16 am

So, before Christmas Avis had a special offer: 4000 miles for the first rental, and 8000 miles for the second rental. I rented twice, and only got 4000 for each rental. The sas.se Eurobonus page on Avis says:
Retroaktiva ansprĺk pĺ saknade poäng kommer endast att generera 500 Extrapoäng. Kampanjpoäng eller andra ytterligare poäng kan inte begäras retroaktivt.
Rough translation: "Retroactive claims for missing points will only generate 500 extra points. Campaing points or other additional points cannot be claimed retroactively." So, I guess that means that there's no way of getting those additional miles that I lost out on.

Now, Avis has a new very generous offer: 10,000 points for bookings made between 2-15 January for minimum three days. The thing is that I'm not sure if I trust Avis to actually give the correct amount of miles this time around. I'm quite new to Avis (have been a Hertz/A3 customer for years), but does anybody with Avis experience know if they are usually reliable when it comes to these campaigns?
AStarr likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Note that the Avis promos are only valid if you are using the EB rates offered by Avis. Booking regular or other discounted rates doesn't work for these promos....
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
My Avis points haven't registered yet. How long do those take to show up? One was December 22, the other December 28.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
My Avis points haven't registered yet. How long do those take to show up? One was December 22, the other December 28.
For me now around 7 days. Nevertheless it took the time before 6 weeks to post at the same location.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Note that the Avis promos are only valid if you are using the EB rates offered by Avis. Booking regular or other discounted rates doesn't work for these promos....
I'm not so worried about that, as long as I can see the price when I'm booking. I'm more worried about believing that I'll get 10,00o points for a booking, and then end up getting only 500.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by RedChili
So, before Christmas Avis had a special offer: 4000 miles for the first rental, and 8000 miles for the second rental. I rented twice, and only got 4000 for each rental. The sas.se Eurobonus page on Avis says: Rough translation: "Retroactive claims for missing points will only generate 500 extra points. Campaing points or other additional points cannot be claimed retroactively." So, I guess that means that there's no way of getting those additional miles that I lost out on.
Complain to Avis and they will fix it. My feeling is that nobody got the 8k for the second rental initially.
AStarr likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jainzar
For me now around 7 days. Nevertheless it took the time before 6 weeks to post at the same location.
Weird. This is my first time renting and it was under the link that gave the 6000 point bonus for reservation and rental or something. I just have no idea when to expect them to post.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Same case for me. The first 4000 points registered almost instantly, but after my last booking, the other 8000 points never came up.

Sounds like a systematic issue...
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
The systematic issue is that Avis bonus promo points never post correctly, just YMMV, therefore I stopped using them. I am very lured to the current 10k promo too but just fear that there is no guarantee they post correctly. And there is no remedy in complaining.

Avis is just a big hole of #)&)/"&% just like Hertz and all car companies
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: SK*Gold
I'm looking to book a SAS Plus ticket from ARN-LAX, SK 940, on Feb 10. When I look at the seats for SAS Plus on this flight it has a 2-4-2 configuration and not the 2-3-2 which I've always had in the past and which is what Seat Guru shows. Has the seat configuration changed for this flight (I've checked other dates as well)? If so, then SAS Plus seats wouldn't be any wider than what's in SAS economy.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Amexpat
I'm looking to book a SAS Plus ticket from ARN-LAX, SK 940, on Feb 10. When I look at the seats for SAS Plus on this flight it has a 2-4-2 configuration and not the 2-3-2 which I've always had in the past and which is what Seat Guru shows. Has the seat configuration changed for this flight (I've checked other dates as well)? If so, then SAS Plus seats wouldn't be any wider than what's in SAS economy.
I can't replicate, I get 2-3-2 as it should be on 10FEB.
Does it start at row 20 for you?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
The systematic issue is that Avis bonus promo points never post correctly, just YMMV, therefore I stopped using them. I am very lured to the current 10k promo too but just fear that there is no guarantee they post correctly. And there is no remedy in complaining.

Avis is just a big hole of #)&)/"&% just like Hertz and all car companies
I had in 2017 5 car rentals using the EB promotions earning in total over 20k points for less than 400€. One time I needed to complain several times and wait over 2 months until everything was fixed. The rest just posted correctly after max one month waiting. I think it is worth it especially if you anyway need a car and it is reasonably priced.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: SK*Gold
Originally Posted by studentCPH
I can't replicate, I get 2-3-2 as it should be on 10FEB.
Does it start at row 20 for you?
OK, I see the problem. It automatically shows rows 23-29 with 2-4-2 on the screen with some seats taken, but rows 20-27 with 2-3-3 come up in a popup screen when I click on seat selection. There's another problem though, only the left side of the seats show up on my Chromebook and it's not possible to move the pop up window to see the right side - I'll have to do that on a full screen computer.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
The last bonus points from Avis offers posted automatically. In Germany you‘ll get weekend quotes for 70$ and 10k Miles for that is a quite good ratio.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.